Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans broke protocols and gathered for a workout
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Wow...if this happens, no team will ever dare to break protocol again. If only this were the yellow team. 

https://twitter.com/JaredStillman/status...32451?s=20
Holy shiiiiiiiit. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Wow...if this happens, no team will ever dare to break protocol again. If only this were the yellow team. 

https://twitter.com/JaredStillman/status...32451?s=20
[Image: ilag2wuqng2d.gif]

Quote: @greediron said:
To paraphrase, if you are willing to give up freedoms for nice things, you will get neither. 

Follow the ever changing non-sense rules and we will give you your daily morsel.  I wonder if any nation has tried that method of ruling?
Ahhh the "freedom" crowd. Just head to a Wal-Mart, take off your mask, and have your fat wife record your ejection in the name of "freedom." 

This country is done, and deservedly so. There's not point in civil discourse anymore. 

Or pointing out hypocrisy ?  This was the exact argument to why the NFL shouldn't allow the kneeling.  And for a much better reason that covid fear.
Tell me, has any NFL player ended up in the hospital because of covid?  There will be many that die early from dementia, suicide and other issues related to head injury, yet they keep playing.  The risk for this population is near nil, but we accept the drama because the almighty NFL said so.

My wife is a runner. She personally knows a couple marathoners that got covid and cannot run months later due to lung issues. They were in just as good of shape as most of these nfl players. 

Covid is not a joke. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
Or pointing out hypocrisy ?  This was the exact argument to why the NFL shouldn't allow the kneeling.  And for a much better reason that covid fear.
Tell me, has any NFL player ended up in the hospital because of covid?  There will be many that die early from dementia, suicide and other issues related to head injury, yet they keep playing.  The risk for this population is near nil, but we accept the drama because the almighty NFL said so.

My wife is a runner. She personally knows a couple marathoners that got covid and cannot run months later due to lung issues. They were in just as good of shape as most of these nfl players. 

Covid is not a joke. 

no one said covid is a joke. 

I personally know people that had cancer and died. Death sucks.  health issues suck.  But living in fear of illness isn't going to make life any better.
People have committed suicide because of the stress of the lockdown.  People have died of strokes because they feared going to the hospital and getting covid.  Fear isn't the answer.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

Covid is not a joke. 
There are studies that show there can be permanent lung damage. I was reading from Johns Hopkins that it can take 3 months to a year for lung function to return to pre-COVID levels for those who do recover. There is also something being reported as COVID brain fog where people are having impaired cognitive functions. Some studies are saying that there can be heart damage. Of course it varies from individual to individual and some people may have underlying conditions but ongoing problems are showing up in people that are considered healthy. I hope your wife continues to improve in her recovery. 

@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

Covid is not a joke. 

I personally know people that had cancer and died. Death sucks.  health issues suck.  But living in fear of illness isn't going to make life any better.
People have committed suicide because of the stress of the lockdown.  People have died of strokes because they feared going to the hospital and getting covid.  Fear isn't the answer.
You continue to mock all announcements about COVID so please, enlighten us with the NFL's solution.

Myocarditis is a serious thing and the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. are all monitoring this lingering effect. While these are well conditioned athletes, they are eligible to that lingering sickness. 2020 sucks, we all know this, but the smartest thing to do is prevent a spread in the NFL, even if that means most players wont be hospitalized from the sickness. It's the big picture that matters.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

Covid is not a joke. 

You continue to mock all announcements about COVID so please, enlighten us with the NFL's solution.

Myocarditis is a serious thing and the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. are all monitoring this lingering effect. While these are well conditioned athletes, they are eligible to that lingering sickness. 2020 sucks, we all know this, but the smartest thing to do is prevent a spread in the NFL, even if that means most players wont be hospitalized from the sickness. It's the big picture that matters.

Cases do not equal illness.  I mock the announcements of cases as if they were ICU counts or even death.
How many professional athletes have suffered from Myocarditis? 

Or answer this,  Should the Titan's coach lose his job because some of his team tested positive?  And those free citizens chose to meet other free citizens at an outdoor field?

@Hawkvike25 said:
@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

Covid is not a joke. 

Cases do not equal illness.  I mock the announcements of cases as if they were ICU counts or even death.
How many professional athletes have suffered from Myocarditis? 

Or answer this,  Should the Titan's coach lose his job because some of his team tested positive?  And those free citizens chose to meet other free citizens at an outdoor field?
I'd wager 0 professional athletes will die from this. Many will most likely not suffer symptoms.

What you seem unable to grasp is that they go around and spread it to everybody, possibly without knowing. And when they come in contact with their families, it spreads. This isn't a freedom issue. Your "freedom" to pitch a fit over wearing a piece of cloth on your face when you go to Piggly Wiggly affects other people's freedom to not catch this virus. 

Don't you get tired burning calories on retarded stuff like this? When I go out and walk my dog, I have a bandana around my neck. If I get near other people, especially the elderly, I put it up. It's annoying but I don't really think about it much anymore.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@greediron said:

Covid is not a joke. 

The illness is not a joke, but the response to it is fraudulent.
From the CDC:
Page 3-4
Those who get sick with Covid19:
Quote:
Wear a mask ALWAYS: 70.6%
NEVER wear a mask: 3.9