Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, that sucked...
Quote: @Mattyman said:
Starts at the LOS

Right and Left Guard  

3T and NT 

I'll still watch but I'm off the purple kool-aid-glue sniffing- Superbowl -pipe dream.

I've seen this before, and I know how it ends.

See my sig...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Mattyman said:
Starts at the LOS

Right and Left Guard  

3T and NT 

I'll still watch but I'm off the purple kool-aid-glue sniffing- Superbowl -pipe dream.

I've seen this before, and I know how it ends.

See my sig...
 Well said.

Should've gone with my first choice

I've seen this goat rodeo before, and I know how it ends.

This thread is a bit on the ridiculous, over the top negative side. But I guess what else is new? This seemed like a preseason game with all the mistakes and bad play. The D is in flux, that is obvious but going up against Aaron Rodgers your first game without preseason activity was a recipe for disaster and we saw that. 

Yesterday's game wasn't good by any stretch, but the questions about Zimmer, the organization, etc. .....I mean, c'mon now. COVID has gotten us all cranky and losing to a rival like Green Bay always sucks but they still only lost by 9 when it was all said and done. Lots of ugly games yesterday. 

Extending Zimmer for as long as they did, after getting swept by GB and a bad CHI team last year was strange.

And that 4th down deep ball to Tajae freaking Sharpe was not it. At all. 

The D got absolutely shredded by a past his prime Rodgers. Not a fun afternoon.

But I actually do agree with Sticky. I think the Vikings will get better quickly and perhaps even beat Indy next week. We have so many new parts that it’s gonna take a few weeks. Hopefully it happens in time to compete for a playoff spot. I still think we can. 

Last thought- I know it’s game 1 in a weird year, but the lack of rookie contributions was concerning. Essentially non-existent. Hopefully those guys can get up to speed sooner rather than later. Gladney is my biggest worry.

Dalvin and Thielen- you dudes rule

Edit- And Mattison! 

The biggest surprise I got out of the game was how fast the Vikings got away from the running game.  Wasn't that supposed to be the team's bread and butter.  Hell, it was only 8-7 at halftime.  Also, didn't they say the team's passing game would include the tight ends more,  didn't see that happening either.  I'm not sure where they are going with this offense.  Then there's the defense, time and time again it was 3 & 3 or 3 & 4 and corners placed 10 yards off the receiver.  Damn I know they didn't want to give up the big plays, but the Pack just marched up and down the field.  One first down after another.

Going to be a painful adjustment period but I do believe they will improve. Young secondary was pretty shell shocked but got zero help from the DL. Can't blame the first half on the passing game, they rarely saw the field. Ugly game, we'll see if they show any improvement the next few weeks.

It's going to be a lot of growing pains this year. It's a reboot or rebuild of sorts. Oh well on to next game.

I stick by my thread title, that sucked lol!!

We'll see how much better the team will get or not.

That game wasn't as competitive as the score indicates it may have been. 

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
The biggest surprise I got out of the game was how fast the Vikings got away from the running game.  Wasn't that supposed to be the team's bread and butter.  Hell, it was only 8-7 at halftime.  Also, didn't they say the team's passing game would include the tight ends more,  didn't see that happening either.  I'm not sure where they are going with this offense.  Then there's the defense, time and time again it was 3 & 3 or 3 & 4 and corners placed 10 yards off the receiver.  Damn I know they didn't want to give up the big plays, but the Pack just marched up and down the field.  One first down after another.
I agree

If we looked at the tape, we'd see 2 TE sets a lot - not for them going out to pass catch, but pass pro. 

We saw very few 3 wr sets and consequently very little of Jefferson too.

That imo is out of respect for the front 7 of Packer D and how they destroyed us @ home the last game we played em.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Jor-El said:
Maybe we're tanking? I don't think they would be after Trevor Lawrence - hard to get #1 overall and Cousins isn't the problem - but maybe we're "Sucking for Sewell", as in Penei Sewell the Oregon OT who looks like the next Anthony Munoz.
Oh, what am I thinking - even if we had the #1 pick they would choose another CB.
Is this a serious comment? I really hope not because why would any team, ever, tank for an OL? It was a really bad week 1 and the defense was god awful. I really do not like Anthony Barr and would be all for trading him for Desmond King and then drafting #1 LB available in the draft. We need another LB that can cover and he cannot.
The offense will be fine, just need to figure out how to use Jefferson and Irv more

There's a lot of sarcasm in my comment, sorry if that was not apparent. I don't think teams should tank for anyone - too much uncertainty, even Lawrence is not the sure thing worth wasting a season. But I added some desire to improve the OL, which has sucked for a decade...and that a game like yesterday makes us all start reading about 2021 prospects, which is pretty damn sad for week 1.

And my remark that the current team management would always pick a defensive player, probably a CB, is hopefully not factual but definitely reflects a genuine frustration.
I don't know if I can agree with you that the offense will be fine because they can't use Jefferson or Irv more if Cousins has defenders in his face on every play.