Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primer: Upcoming Debates
This right here was powerful. Joe Biden showed his humanity in his response and Trump showed his lack of it.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/131112...61989?s=19

Here's the thing. If you think a debate is about shouting down the other side, breaking all the rules, arguing with the moderator, and having the reddest face on the stage then you probably think that Trump won. I can't argue with those measures. Honestly I don't think that's what the majority of the country saw tonight. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Just watched some focus group reaction, and the needle didn't appear to move in either direction.  Trump supporters weren't moved by Biden and vis-a-vis.  Everyone thought it was a poor display of decorum. 

I thought Joe did what he needed to and didn't F up.  Trump was Trump and elicited my normal response, he dragged it to his level.  How do you not talk over someone that refuses to not talk over you.

With Trump, you just have to cut his mic.  

Bring down the "Cone of Silence"

[Image: MajesticDeadlyDrongo-size_restricted.gif]

My wife and I are incredulous that anyone can watch that and think Trump is a great President or even a good person. Its disgusting. I don't have anymore words for that POS. 

POS of a person is right...That whole thing was nothing but confirming for me.  Ive honestly tuned him out the last 2.75 years. Until last night. 

I'm thinking a lot of swing voters might have been appalled, maybe angered by what they witnessed from the POTUS.

And if any swing voters had doubts America could elect a blatantly racist president? Those should have been dispelled last night.  

I turned it off, it was that much of a shit show. I guess the days of being able to hear candidates intellectually discuss issues are long gone. 

The fact that so many Americans could watch Donald Trump, with that little substance, with that track record on Covid, health care, that little bit of humanity, with that amount of pandering and deceit? Then vote for him again?

Is incredulous to me. Not. 

I used to be sad by the divide in the country. Last night confirmed how necessary that divide is. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
POS of a person is right...That whole thing was nothing but confirming for me.  Ive honestly tuned him out the last 2.75 years. Until last night. 

I'm thinking a lot of swing voters might have been appalled, maybe angered by what they witnessed from the POTUS.

And if any swing voters had doubts America could elect a blatantly racist president? Those should have been dispelled last night.  

I turned it off, it was that much of a shit show. I guess the days of being able to hear candidates intellectually discuss issues are long gone. 

The fact that so many Americans could watch Donald Trump pretend he's presidential, with that little substance, that little bit of humanity, with that amount of pandering and deceit? Then vote for him again?

Is incredulous to me. Not. 

I used to be sad by the divide in the country. Last night confirmed how necessary that divide is. 
My wife and I went out late afternoon for a happy hour at a restaurant in the adjoining town to us (Delray Beach). Nice, upscale new place there called Lionfish. Here's this 30 something dude, with a MAGA hat on backwards and a shirt that says in the back: 'I lubricate my guns with the tears of liberals' and show an AK-47. So fucking stupid. This is a NICE restaurant. He's just itching to pick a fight. 

To your point: a divide IS necessary. Trump has emboldened Idiot Nation and I want no part of it. If you still at this point defend Trump and glorify the guy, honestly: fuck you. Its that simple for me personally. You suck. 

What we learned last night:
1) No transition of power
2) Election will be rigged and its "not going to end well"
3) White supremacy groups are on stand by

Yup, there is going to be an unnecessary war in America, our economy, our reputation, our people are going to suffer.

But hey, Hilary's emails?

Voting 3rd party in this election is not voting against this cancer.   Voting for anyone but Biden?  You deserve what you get

My first reaction to the debate was that each candidate became more of what he was already thought to be.

Biden is a qualified and kind, but old, sometimes doddering, man who will stumble over his words. Trump is a dick and uses lies strategically. He knows that his supporters WANT him to be a dick, especially in a debate, and want him to lie (Portland Sheriff) if it can't be proven wrong immediately (on stage by Biden) and just might bring more into the fold.  For them, it's all about winning. At any cost.

This whole election is not about Biden at all. It's about Trump. And so I think the result of the debate is that people who hated Trump before hate him even more this morning. The people who love Trump love him even more this morning. 

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
What a total shit show!  Both candidates were talking over each other.  Personally, I don't know if any minds are changed, will be interesting to see what happens in the polls.
Both sides..... Really? The moderator had to say things like "Now Mr. President if you just hang on a second you are going to like this next question". Come on man this was an impulsive, bullying narcissist, imbecile. 
Didn't do a tally to calculate proportions but clearly both were talking over each other.  Worst debate I've sat through, glad I'm voting third party, can't stomach either candidate.
I realize you are going to try and downplay this to make it seem like both sides were at fault but seriously, just stop it.

One candidate completely steamrolled the moderator Wallace and his opponent.  Biden didn’t want to appear meek and had no choice but to respond back to Trump’s complete disaster showing of trying to control the entire debate.  

Christ almighty the rosy colored glasses the right sees the world through is something fucking bizarre.
LOL, just stop.  Biden did interrupt trump at times and didn't always follow the moderator's wishes.  It's okay, Joe's not perfect, really!  LOL  The rosy colored glasses that the left see the world is pretty bizarre.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
What a total shit show!  Both candidates were talking over each other.  Personally, I don't know if any minds are changed, will be interesting to see what happens in the polls.
Both sides..... Really? The moderator had to say things like "Now Mr. President if you just hang on a second you are going to like this next question". Come on man this was an impulsive, bullying narcissist, imbecile. 
Didn't do a tally to calculate proportions but clearly both were talking over each other.  Worst debate I've sat through, glad I'm voting third party, can't stomach either candidate.
I realize you are going to try and downplay this to make it seem like both sides were at fault but seriously, just stop it.

One candidate completely steamrolled the moderator Wallace and his opponent.  Biden didn’t want to appear meek and had no choice but to respond back to Trump’s complete disaster showing of trying to control the entire debate.  

Christ almighty the rosy colored glasses the right sees the world through is something fucking bizarre.
LOL, just stop.  Biden did interrupt trump at times and didn't always follow the moderator's wishes.  It's okay, Joe's not perfect, really!  LOL  The rosy colored glasses that the left see the world is pretty bizarre.
Why do you think Biden interrupted? Could it be because Trump wouldn't let him talk during his time. He repeatedly asked the moderator who is the worst I have ever seen, for his time back. That's not rosy colored glasses, it's the truth. I don't know what sort of a filter you view Trump through but whatever. Also the attacks on his sons and the ongoing blatant lying were a factor but ok then. No one said Joe is perfect. But if Joe isn't perfect, what does that make Trump?