Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the media Kapernicks biggest problem?
And lets not forget his activism is likely a fraud anyway.  He didn't come up with the reason for his "protest" for a week or so.  Initially it looked like he was trying to make a scene to force his way out of SF.  When that didn't work and the media kept asking him why, he came up with the notion of a protest.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Championships?  Those are a long time ago.  
Yeah, ol' man Kaepernick. Broken down at 29. Can't run anymore. Arm is probably shot. I don't have the stats in front of me, but seriously, what are the odds a QB can be effective past the age of 29? 

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
LMAO.  What a joke.  Butterflies can't read a civil discussion about the main topic in the NFL on the football board.  
Settle down,  it's still there isn't it?  And if the suggestion that it might possibly be moved sets you to name calling maybe that is why we have the separate board. 

And you have access to use the other board so what does it matter to you anyway?
Huh, I still see it in recent discussions.  So who cares what it is categorized as.  But then some may bitch because the page loads too fast and the internet has too much information.
ive never seen recent discussions.  
That would be nearly impossible. What is your shortcut set to or how do you access the forums?

Why cant we just blame Kap?  I know a guy who leads college eduacation tours to the middle East during the Summer months.  He is a  professor and had about 40 college students with him in Egypt.  Guess who was there at two of the sites they toured?  Kap!  Some of the college kids were excited and some wanted to get selfies,  get an autograph or just say hi.  He acted like a total jerk to them all would not take a pic just blatantly ignored any attempt to say hi or anything.  Now mind you these are college kids some who had bought into his protest.  They came away with a new view of this guy.  After the continued snubs at both sites some wanted to sing the national anthem to him.

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
Why cant we just blame Kap?  I know a guy who leads college eduacation tours to the middle East during the Summer months.  He is a  professor and had about 40 college students with him in Egypt.  Guess who was there at two of the sites they toured?  Kap!  Some of the college kids were excited and some wanted to get selfies,  get an autograph or just say hi.  He acted like a total jerk to them all would not take a pic just blatantly ignored any attempt to say hi or anything.  Now mind you these are college kids some who had bought into his protest.  They came away with a new view of this guy.  After the continued snubs at both sites some wanted to sing the national anthem to him.
In fairness to Kap,  what kind of sites were they?  If they were religious in nature it might have been offensive to him.  I know that the Christian people that I've talked to have had the opportunity to visit many of the religious sites in Israel have said that it is beyond anything they have ever felt as a Christian and very very humbling.

Or maybe he is just a dick....

This is what I don't get about fans. "We were overseas and we saw a player and he didn't want to react with us".....

Like that guy is on a vacation or has some reason to be there... in a different country. And the fact that you want something from him that he doesn't or can't give at that moment pisses you off? Entitled much? 

Edit: sorry the open ended questions weren't directed at PSBlake personally, more of a thing I have with fans. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
This is what I don't get about fans. "We were overseas and we saw a player and he didn't want to react with us".....

Like that guy is on a vacation or has some reason to be there... in a different country. And the fact that you want something from him that he doesn't or can't give at that moment pisses you off? Entitled much? 

Edit: sorry the open ended questions weren't directed at PSBlake personally, more of a thing I have with fans. 
I somewhat agree, but honestly,  is it really that much more of a inconvenience to be cordial and explain that they are on vacation or whatever instead of being an asshole?  I mean,  I get asked to take a picture for people all the time,  its really not going to take any longer to be in a picture with a fan.  I think how he handled it kind of explains maybe another reason why he is still unemployed.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
Yeah, ol' man Kaepernick. Broken down at 29. Can't run anymore. Arm is probably shot. I don't have the stats in front of me, but seriously, what are the odds a QB can be effective past the age of 29? 
hyperbole much?  Physically he is fine.  Except for being weaker due to the vegan stuff.  It is that teams have figured him out.  He is a run first QB that can't consistently beat them passing.  Sort of like Cam without the huge body and decent accuracy.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
hyperbole much?  Physically he is fine.  Except for being weaker due to the vegan stuff.  It is that teams have figured him out.  He is a run first QB that can't consistently beat them passing.  Sort of like Cam without the huge body and decent accuracy.
Except, of course, when he does. Like last year against Miami, 300 yards, 3 TDs to go along with his 113 yards rushing. Or the many times in previous years, like when he threw for over 300 yards and engineered one of the greatest Super Bowl comebacks in history. Oh yeah, but Ryan Mallet and Brock Osweiller and Paxton Lynch and Chad Henne and Mike Glennon are better QBs. Gimme a break. It's a ridiculous, laughable argument. I wish people would just be honest. If you don't like him because of his politics, then just man up and say so.  There's nothing wrong with that. Or at least acknowledge that the biggest reason he's not on a roster is the distraction issue. Or even the contract issue. But to suggest that Kap is past his prime at 29, or that he isn't "talented enough" to be among the 100 or so QBs on NFL rosters this summer, is just silly.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
Except, of course, when he does. Like last year against Miami, 300 yards, 3 TDs to go along with his 113 yards rushing. Or the many times in previous years, like when he threw for over 300 yards and engineered one of the greatest Super Bowl comebacks in history. Oh yeah, but Ryan Mallet and Brock Osweiller and Paxton Lynch and Chad Henne and Mike Glennon are better QBs. Gimme a break. It's a ridiculous, laughable argument. I wish people would just be honest. If you don't like him because of his politics, then just man up and say so.  There's nothing wrong with that. Or at least acknowledge that the biggest reason he's not on a roster is the distraction issue. Or even the contract issue. But to suggest that Kap is past his prime at 29, or that he isn't "talented enough" to be among the 100 or so QBs on NFL rosters this summer, is just silly.
why does it have  to  be one thing?  IMO its a culmination of everything that is listed.  His game doesnt fit every type of offense so his value as a starting candidate is somewhat limited,  however if he were to back down on the contract demands and sign for a few million to be a back up,  then he becomes viable again,  until you realize that you are signing a locker room distraction nightmare to be a clip board holder in which case you decide that as little as you use a back up QB... you just cant risk your entire season in order to bow down to media pressure, especially when its not targeted at any one team/owner/gm.

how anybody feels sorry for a multi-million dollar athlete that quit his job ( he opted out of his contract ) because he over valued himself,  and then cant get a new deal because of how his antics reflect on the company and league is beyond me.