Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative Survival Guide
Quote: @pumpf said:
@greediron said:
I guess some bigots think homeschooling means they are stupid.  Have they witnessed the public school performance lately?
Every bit of empirical evidence shows that home-schooled children are- overall- "smarter" than their public school counterparts.  But, since they are not being indoctrinated into the liberal point of view, the liberals oppose it.  
Or conservatives oppose public schools because they aren’t indoctrinated with conservative points of view

@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
I guess some bigots think homeschooling means they are stupid.  Have they witnessed the public school performance lately?

Defund them if they don't perform, oh wait, I guess you get what you pay for.
If you're suggesting that the education departments don't get enough money... you're crazy.  Of course, the schools could get even MORE money for needed resources... if the teacher's union wasn't gobbling up as much of each district's budget as it can.
The fact you think education departments get plenty of money is disturbing in itself.

Teacher's don't get paid SHIT. And in many public schools, its a horrible job. New grads leave after teaching for only a year or two. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Teacher's don't get paid SHIT. And in many public schools, its a horrible job. New grads leave after teaching for only a year or two. 

I agree that many teachers are underpaid for a thankless job.  It isn't just the education system that is broken, our society is broken in many ways, starting with the family.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Maybe it's different in different places... but the school districts that I'm familiar with pay teachers more than I make.  And I've got a Masters degree... and work year round.  Teachers have every holiday off... every weekend... and- at least- 2 months of the year.  It's not an "opinion"; statistics show that- per hour- teachers are some of the highest paid professionals around.  Now, considering what they have to put up with in some districts- with no one in administration willing to support them and the mandate to pass everyone- I'm willing to concede that they have a pretty thankless, difficult job.

But underpaid? I don't know about that.  If you want to make this about stats, rather than opinions and anecdotes, let me know.  Same with you, Al.  I can post the percentages of state budgets that go to education.  

By the way: if schools got more money, HOW would that improve education?  What specific things would change if teachers got paid more... or schools had more money?  

@StickyBun said:
@pumpf said:
@mblack said:
I was going to reply to the posts one by one but seeing the source, why waste valuable time? I'll stick to the assumption that you are trying to engage in a healthy discourse as hard as it is.
Yes, it would be a waste of time: because- unlike most of us- Savannah actually takes the time to carefully cite his sources.  He doesn't just reference the opinions of some talking head, he uses facts and statistics to state his case (when there is an argument / discussion to be had).  You may not agree with his opinions, but you'd be hard pressed to argue with the facts (that he often presents).  Granted, in this case, he's just posting opinions... but, I'm sure that if you were to attempt to "discuss" his opinions, he'd be able to back them up with facts.
lol, pumpf ...with all due respect.....savannah gets his 'sources' from some biased places. Same as others who choose to post links from liberal sources.

Don't confuse the massive link dumps of info that savannah does as some kind of proof of anything. Its just a deluge of bias that fits his opinions. I'll leave it as JMO. 
Some, sure.  But he's also quoted CNN, the Washington Post and other "biased" sources- which would, normally, be biased against his point of view.  In some cases, a person can only use "biased" sources, because the "other" sources won't even mention certain things.  Remember when Biden got accused of sexual assault?  It took, what- 19 days?- for the "liberal" media to mention it?  When that's the case, you can't hardly blame him.  
Thanks!   B)
You’re right this particular OP was biased/biased blog and I have a very pro-conservative/liberty bias. 

You’re also right (and Im glad somebody noticed) that I”ve posted MANY sources/individuals from the left/left sources in discussions here.  For a simple reason, I figure many of my fellow Vikefans would be more likely to click the link that supports my point.
If FoxNews and the Wa-Po are reporting the same (or close) I’m quoting the Wa-Po.  

@StickyBun said:
Maybe it's different in different places... but the school districts that I'm familiar with pay teachers more than I make.  And I've got a Masters degree... and work year round.  Teachers have every holiday off... every weekend... and- at least- 2 months of the year.  It's not an "opinion"; statistics show that- per hour- teachers are some of the highest paid professionals around.  Now, considering what they have to put up with in some districts- with no one in administration willing to support them and the mandate to pass everyone- I'm willing to concede that they have a pretty thankless, difficult job.

But underpaid? I don't know about that.  If you want to make this about stats, rather than opinions and anecdotes, let me know.  Same with you, Al.  I can post the percentages of state budgets that go to education.  

By the way: if schools got more money, HOW would that improve education?  What specific things would change if teachers got paid more... or schools had more money?  
IIRC the US ranks about 4th or 5th in dollars spent  per student in the world and our kids test out at about 35th or so.... that's a piss poor ROI and to throw more money at that model isnt the smart solution .

@StickyBun said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lindadarlin...c5eb25eafa

Even the fricken' coronavirus 
 :o 

hey hey hey!  This is a family site!   

[Image: cousins-sleep.jpg]

[Image: americans-why-do-police-protect-bad-cops...C438&ssl=1]

funny that I find this today