Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Brees still doesn't get it
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
See how nice things can be when the agents, agencies and pr get involved?

in fairness,   listening to Leber on KFan this morning he was pretty adamant about how good of a person and not racist Brees is,  he said that Brees was put on the spot in an interview about his views on kapernicks kneeling during the anthem and that the quote was framed unfairly to paint him as saying something he really isnt.   why is it wrong to not agree with a persons form of protest?  cant he agree with the message but disagree with the way its delivered?

this whole you are either with us or against us is bullshit,  because when those that are taking a more militant approach to racial issues get radical,  how many of those that support the message want to be tied to that?   I have seen countless black Americans washing their hands of the looters and rioters, even though they were marching with them a few hours earlier,  i sure as shit wouldnt lump them all together.  we can all have degrees of involvement and still be supporting a message.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

in fairness,   listening to Leber on KFan this morning he was pretty adamant about how good of a person and not racist Brees is,  he said that Brees was put on the spot in an interview about his views on kapernicks kneeling during the anthem and that the quote was framed unfairly to paint him as saying something he really isnt.   why is it wrong to not agree with a persons form of protest?  cant he agree with the message but disagree with the way its delivered?

this whole you are either with us or against us is bullshit,  because when those that are taking a more militant approach to racial issues get radical,  how many of those that support the message want to be tied to that?   I have seen countless black Americans washing their hands of the looters and rioters, even though they were marching with them a few hours earlier,  i sure as shit wouldnt lump them all together.  we can all have degrees of involvement and still be supporting a message.
  1. Kap and others never said he disobeyed the flag. The President created that narrative and others jumped on it
  2. "We" were told players that knelt should be kicked out of NFL for disobeying the flag
  3. The President (and others) said the NFL should kick "THUGS" out who disobeyed the flag
  4. Did I say the kneeling was never about disobeying the flag or country?
  5. Now we want to re-write history and say kneeling was about the flag - no thanks!
In summary:
So you don't agree with someone for protesting. He tells you why and you still don't agree and proceed to 'threatening' him/them (asking owners to kick them out and fans to boycott games as clearly illustrated by Pence at colts game). Now you want to say you want peaceful demonstrations (Pence after looting and rioting)
So in a nutshell, you want people to express their dissatisfaction only when
  1. You agree with the reason of their dissatisfaction
  2. Is expressed in a way that you agree with
  3. Expressed when you want
That is some crazy degree of 'fairness'

Quote: @mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

1. Kap and others never said he disobeyed the flag. The President created that narrative and others jumped on it
  2. "We" were told players that knelt should be kicked out of NFL for disobeying the flag
  3. The President (and others) said the NFL should kick "THUGS" out who disobeyed the flag
  5. Now we want to re-write history and say kneeling was about the flag - no thanks!
In summary:
So you don't agree with someone for protesting. He tells you why and you still don't agree and proceed to 'threatening' him/them (asking owners to kick them out and fans to boycott games as clearly illustrated by Pence at colts game). Now you want to say you want peaceful demonstrations (Pence after looting and rioting)

why are you changing the topic?  this isnt about trump at all,  this is about Brees and others that dont like the kneeling during the anthem.  this is the problem with talking about issues,  some people cant stay on point.  

WTF is "disobeying" the flag?  Its disrespecting the flag and the sacrifices made to defend that flag and this country is how its viewed by many.

why would you summarize my thoughts if you dont understand them,  or even use the same verbiage I use?  how about you let me answer the questions about how i feel instead of trying to change what I say so that you can attack my position easier?

I agree with a lot of what is being wanted in terms of social change,  I dont agree that using divisive means to enact that change will lead to anything.  I though Obama was a dumb ass for a lot of what he did,  and I have said the same of Trump when it comes to how hes handled domestic issues.   i dont think either really did much for helping erase the divide between the races... but one of them did put a lot more blacks and minorities back to work than the other...but thats not the subject here.

Yes its perfectly fine IMO for Brees,  and others,  to disagree with a how a message is delivered without disagreeing with the message itself.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBA1P3gHpT_/...e=ig_embed
typical Drew.

Making himself look good during garbage time

Brees was put on the spot and answered with an honest answer about how he felt about the flag and the national anthem.  So that equals racism and hate.  If you don't see hate in those responses, then you are beyond reason.  People that knew him cursing him out, fans that buy his jersey chanting F Brees. 

Whatever, at this point I wouldn't care if the whole NFL just crumbled and became a waste land.  A bunch of uber-privledged men willing to tear it all down.

Quote: @greediron said:
Brees was put on the spot and answered with an honest answer about how he felt about the flag and the national anthem.  So that equals racism and hate.  If you don't see hate in those responses, then you are beyond reason.  People that knew him cursing him out, fans that buy his jersey chanting F Brees. 

Whatever, at this point I wouldn't care if the whole NFL just crumbled and became a waste land.  A bunch of uber-privledged men willing to tear it all down.
I was wasting time last night googling "most charitable/philanthropic/generous"  NFL players.  
There were about 10 such lists, spread out over the years from various sites.  

Now of course Brees makes way more than average, and can "afford" to be more generous than the average player.  Brees was on almost every list, usually towards very top. 

I would like to see a list "charity per salary amount", but couldnt find one.  

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:

It was never about the flag or the anthem, how many fucking times does this need to be explained??  

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

https://www.nfl.com/news/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem-0ap3000000691077

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBA1P3gHpT_/...e=ig_embed

In summary:

why are you changing the topic?  this isnt about trump at all,  this is about Brees and others that dont like the kneeling during the anthem.  this is the problem with talking about issues,  some people cant stay on point.  

WTF is "disobeying" the flag?  Its disrespecting the flag and the sacrifices made to defend that flag and this country is how its viewed by many.

why would you summarize my thoughts if you dont understand them,  or even use the same verbiage I use?  how about you let me answer the questions about how i feel instead of trying to change what I say so that you can attack my position easier?

I agree with a lot of what is being wanted in terms of social change,  I dont agree that using divisive means to enact that change will lead to anything.  I though Obama was a dumb ass for a lot of what he did,  and I have said the same of Trump when it comes to how hes handled domestic issues.   i dont think either really did much for helping erase the divide between the races... but one of them did put a lot more blacks and minorities back to work than the other...but thats not the subject here.

Yes its perfectly fine IMO for Brees,  and others,  to disagree with a how a message is delivered without disagreeing with the message itself.
Sorry if it feels like I am changing the topic. I was not trying to. I was trying to provide a background about how this because an issue about the flag which never was and also provided examples how the flag narrative was pushed.
About being on point, I am very much on point. I did not summarize your point. I explained in summary how I see it or it came across.
Regarding disobeying the flag.. I am sorry I used the wrong word that got you bent out of shape. Excuse me
Lastly at the bold. By divisive means you mean what you agree with right? See point 2 above. I see you carefully ignored the other points I made (1,2,4 and 5). How 'honorable' of you.
Makes me wonder if you see this as 'about Trump' because that is what you want to see. if that is the case, I am sorry I cant help you there.

The national anthem is about the flag that represents our country.  Listen to it once.  But he is right, it was about creating drama to force his way out of SF.  That is why he sat.  But some image conscious suggested taking a knee would look better and suddenly it became about social justice and had a movement attached. 

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@greediron said:

I was wasting time last night googling "most charitable/philanthropic/generous"  NFL players.  
There were about 10 such lists, spread out over the years from various sites.  

Now of course Brees makes way more than average, and can "afford" to be more generous than the average player.  Brees was on almost every list, usually towards very top. 

I would like to see a list "charity per salary amount", but couldnt find one.  

And what would this prove?