Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Jimmy, why are you deleting posts again?
Wow that was a 180 with a double flip-flop backflip that I had to read three times.

Actually now 4 and I’m still confused.

We are Mods and should act like it but sometimes we don’t, and we don’t have to except when we should.  

I feel like I just read a transcript of a Trump speech.  No wonder he makes sense to them.

Quote: @KingBash said:
@IDVikingfan said:
Not a good move by the president.

Also, POS is a strong term but appropriate for looters.  Law breakers are certainly not deserving of praise or adoration.  Floyd's death is a tragedy and looting is certainly not honoring the man or spirit.
The looting - it seems - is, at best, opportunistic and just selfish. At worst, it's coordinated by political factions to discredit what could be a peaceful protest.
Bingo

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:
Well no Greed I think you got it wrong.  While I’m sure it feels good to pat oneself on the back, “ when we are acting specifically in a mod role, we are simply posters and have a right to our opinions” is simply wrong.  When acting specifically as a mod is exactly the time you should put aside your personal opinions and be as unbiased as you can be.  You have no right “when acting  specifically as a mod” to inject yourself in any way. It’s simple—When you are a mod act like one.  Of course, when you are simply a poster you should feel free to express your personal opinions as you wish. 

Well no actually, you have no idea what you are talking about.  When acting as a Mod, we are specifically injecting ourselves into a conversation that we often weren't involved in.  Yes, when we are a mod, we should act it.  Just like adults should act like it as well.  Doesn't always work out that way, but that is how it should be.
And Mike is the one that has specifically reminded us that the mods are also posters and can be posters.  When they have to be a mod, they should set aside politics and personal items.  And I think most have been very good at that.  Even when being called all sorts of names by both extremes. 
That post makes absolutely no sense. You contradict yourself from one paragraph to the next. Paragraph One:  “ when acting as a mod we are specifically injecting ourselves into a conversation”.  Paragraph two:  “when they have to be a mod, they should set aside politics and personal items.”  So which is it???   Your point in paragraph two is EXACTLY  what I was saying!  And you say I “ have no idea” what I’m talking about?  Hahaha you are LAUGHABLE. Jesus, is it possible for a mod to be wrong?  I guess not. Ok, tough guy, keep patting yourself on the back.
Greed and I have come to some kind of detente, which is great, but he's not one for admitting he's wrong about something. Just sayin'. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:
Well no Greed I think you got it wrong.  While I’m sure it feels good to pat oneself on the back, “ when we are acting specifically in a mod role, we are simply posters and have a right to our opinions” is simply wrong.  When acting specifically as a mod is exactly the time you should put aside your personal opinions and be as unbiased as you can be.  You have no right “when acting  specifically as a mod” to inject yourself in any way. It’s simple—When you are a mod act like one.  Of course, when you are simply a poster you should feel free to express your personal opinions as you wish. 

Well no actually, you have no idea what you are talking about.  When acting as a Mod, we are specifically injecting ourselves into a conversation that we often weren't involved in.  Yes, when we are a mod, we should act it.  Just like adults should act like it as well.  Doesn't always work out that way, but that is how it should be.
And Mike is the one that has specifically reminded us that the mods are also posters and can be posters.  When they have to be a mod, they should set aside politics and personal items.  And I think most have been very good at that.  Even when being called all sorts of names by both extremes. 
That post makes absolutely no sense. You contradict yourself from one paragraph to the next. Paragraph One:  “ when acting as a mod we are specifically injecting ourselves into a conversation”.  Paragraph two:  “when they have to be a mod, they should set aside politics and personal items.”  So which is it???   Your point in paragraph two is EXACTLY  what I was saying!  And you say I “ have no idea” what I’m talking about?  Hahaha you are LAUGHABLE. Jesus, is it possible for a mod to be wrong?  I guess not. Ok, tough guy, keep patting yourself on the back.
Greed and I have come to some kind of detente, which is great, but he's not one for admitting he's wrong about something. Just sayin'. 
is that something unique to Greed on this board,  or does that pretty much sum up about every poster on here?   Not to many I ever see take a knee and admit defeat and any side of an argument,  especially the topics that belong in the ST arena.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:

is that something unique to Greed on this board,  or does that pretty much sum up about every poster on here?   Not to many I ever see take a knee and admit defeat and any side of an argument,  especially the topics that belong in the ST arena.
I've seen it and done it. But to your point, yeah its mostly par for the course. This isn't a political argument however, its about mod/poster hypocrisy. Its not like its an easy line nor an easy job, but maybe saying, 'yeah its really an untenable situation and we mostly error on the side of being a poster' isn't the end of the world, is it? Its something that we can all understand and relate to. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:

I've seen it and done it. But to your point, yeah its mostly par for the course. This isn't a political argument however, its about mod/poster hypocrisy. Its not like its an easy line nor an easy job, but maybe saying, 'yeah its really an untenable situation and we mostly error on the side of being a poster' isn't the end of the world, is it? Its something that we can all understand and relate to. 
I was having a hard time staying with his line myself,  but I know what he is trying to say.  I figured I would stay out of it and let him straighten out what he was trying to say in the first place.

I think he was simply trying to say we are still posters here and shouldnt hold back because of the mod hat that we are sometimes forced to wear,  however when we put that hat on,  we need to forget our personal views on the matter and try to enforce the rules unilaterally regardless of how we feel about the offending or offended parties,  we have rules of the board and we have to try our best to enforce them equally... of course nobody believes that,  but its still what we do and the number one reason when I do take action I always try to refer that poster to the other mods for a second and third opinion.... i have been over ruled before and I am sure it will happen again and thats why the system is set up how it is.

EDIT: Its also why Mike gave us the ability to remove posters from threads without taking stronger actions like banning them from the board.   its a temporary action to try and remove people from tense situations without taking them completely off the board.  Most would realize that if they are removed that they are likely on the verge of more strict action and back down for a bit... some dont,  but it give the rest of the mods time to review that persons action before taking more serious or permanent action.  Hell,  I've been removed from a thread myself.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:

I've done it and learned my lesson. When I have been wrong about stuff, I largely just bow out because it's not a two way street. I've never once seen the MAGA side ever admit they've been wrong about anything.

Last week I said that a lot of the violence was being instigated by white supremacistss. That discussion - had it continued - would've forced me to amend my statement: white supremacists contributed, but the majority seems to just be a bunch of dick heads with no goal except stealing a few boxes of Nikes. In short, what I said was incorrect, and further discussion would've fleshed out what was actually going on.

But AGR was posting so much horseshit I just bowed out completely. There wasn't gonna be a winner. 

Quote: @KingBash said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:

I've done it and learned my lesson. When I have been wrong about stuff, I largely just bow out because it's not a two way street. I've never once seen the MAGA side ever admit they've been wrong about anything.

Last week I said that a lot of the violence was being instigated by white supremacistss. That discussion - had it continued - would've forced me to amend my statement: white supremacists contributed, but the majority seems to just be a bunch of dick heads with no goal except stealing a few boxes of Nikes. In short, what I said was incorrect, and further discussion would've fleshed out what was actually going on.

But AGR was posting so much horseshit I just bowed out completely. There wasn't gonna be a winner. 
I am sure if anybody was keeping score there have been people on both sides admit they were wrong,  hell I said I was wrong about that truckers intent,  but then the state walked back their statements and let him walk with no charges so I guess I was right in the end... but if you are keeping score I did admit the next day that I had been wrong about questioning intent.... until I wasnt. so do i get a point and lose a point since no point should have been awarded for being right in the first place?  its all so confusing,  probably why nobody keeps score.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:

Do you understand what moderation is on a forum?  It is specifically injecting into a coversation that has gone off the rails.  If you don't understand that, then you have no idea what you are talking about.  Your personal shots at me aside, yes it is possible for a mod to be wrong.  Many have apologized for mistakes at different times on this site. 

@Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:

lol.  Yeah I have.  I have multiple times here.  Even with you.