Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings 'very much' in the mix for Trent Williams
Welp, thanks to Bill O'Brien...any talk of an extension might hit a bit of a snag. Texans just gave Tunsil a 3 YR/ $66 million deal. $50 guaranteed.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Welp, thanks to Bill O'Brien...any talk of an extension might hit a bit of a snag. Texans just gave Tunsil a 3 YR/ $66 million deal. $50 guaranteed.
most of that is because of at the end of the day... he still has to play for the texans.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
most of that is because of at the end of the day... he still has to play for the texans.
Yeah, but if Williams wants a re-worked contract somewhere in that ballpark then it might be a bit of a roadblock to a deal in getting him here.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Yeah, but if Williams wants a re-worked contract somewhere in that ballpark then it might be a bit of a roadblock to a deal in getting him here.
or does he want to spend another year in DC and watch his value drop even further?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
or does he want to spend another year in DC and watch his value drop even further?
Who knows, but I'm guessing we find out an answer sometime tonight.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Crossing every appendage that I have hoping this happens....
Photos or it didn't happen.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I sorta get the feeling that Williams wants to be traded to the Vikings (perfect scheme fit, really good friends with Cousins), and maybe no one else. And that's what the sticking point is. Vikings know that and are using it to play lowball. God, I hope this happens. Changes everything. 
There are also a only 31 LT jobs possible in the NFL.

After the draft how many openings are there?

The Redskins and TW don't have leverage. Knowing that where does he land and what is the new deal he signs.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@prairieghost said:
Crossing every appendage that I have hoping this happens....
Photos or it didn't happen.
I’ll get that for you later tonight  :p

Williams' Agent said they are willing to negotiate and the 18m per number that was floated out there wasn't set in stone. 

Never underestimate how badly people don't want to play for Dan Snyder. 

[Image: Io01Xv29_normal.jpg]
ig: josinaanderson
@JosinaAnderson
· 32m
W/ Trent Williams still not traded after 1st round, I asked the #Vikings GM, if that's led him to re-engage on talks w/ Wash. He said, "this morning I've spent most of my time assessing what's left on the Draft board." On if that means he won't he said, "I would never say never."