Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For The 3 Other Casual NBA Fans On The Board
While I prefer small markets, Lebron vs Giannis in the finals would be great. For some reason I think the path to the finals for Milwaukee is going to be tougher than what the Lakers will get. Perhaps that's more of a "prove to me you can get there first" mindset?

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
While I prefer small markets, Lebron vs Giannis in the finals would be great. For some reason I think the path to the finals for Milwaukee is going to be tougher than what the Lakers will get. Perhaps that's more of a "prove to me you can get there first" mindset?
I think the Lakers will have an easy time beating the Clippers? I am not sure what to expect from that series. 

You'd think the Clippers would be their WCF opponent but they don't look that good right now...and Kawhi is showing physical frustration which he normally doesn't do. Lotta time though until the playoffs start, but I would like to see Lakers/Clippers and then Bucks/Celtics

Quote: @Canthony said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
I think the Lakers will have an easy time beating the Clippers? I am not sure what to expect from that series. 
I'm a big Lakers fan and I've watched almost all of their games this season.

I think there's a much better chance the Bucks steamroll through the East than there is that the Lakers steamroll through the West. Pretty much every metric would suggest that, other than the old "it's the Bucks, they'll blow it" superstitions (which may be valid, ha).

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Canthony said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

I think there's a much better chance the Bucks steamroll through the East than there is that the Lakers steamroll through the West. Pretty much every metric would suggest that, other than the old "it's the Bucks, they'll blow it" superstitions (which may be valid, ha).
I haven't been watching too closely to the Lakers like I once did when Kobe was playing. I am just not a fan of LeBron and watching him does nothing for me. I am glad that Leonard became who he was as I am a big fan of his. 

What do you see in the Lakers this year?

@pattersaur said:
@Canthony said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

I haven't been watching too closely to the Lakers like I once did when Kobe was playing. I am just not a fan of LeBron and watching him does nothing for me. I am glad that Leonard became who he was as I am a big fan of his. 

AD is awesome. I wish he shot it even more on offense but he plays super hard on defense too so I wouldn't want him tiring out on either end. But he is so skilled it's crazy.
Lebron cannot take over games with scoring anymore. His season high is 39 and most nights he's around 25 points. But his passing is incredible. Howard, McGee, and Davis all get alley-oops and easy buckets every game because of good passing. Most of that is Lebron.

Size. The Lakers are one of the biggest teams in the league. Milwaukee can handle that but a lot of other teams, especially crummy ones, get into foul trouble and get overwhelmed.
Biggest weakness I see is there's no one to run the offense when Lebron is on the bench. Rondo has more bad games than good ones. Also perimeter defense. Since the Lakers do have size, team's work the perimeter and frequently get wide open outside shots.

Frank Vogel is a GIANT upgrade over Luke Walton as head coach. So that is nice.
Also, I will say that since Kobe's passing, Lebron has been a rock for the team and fans. He's said all the right things, done all the right things, and really embraced being a Laker and trying to carry that baton more than he ever had before.

I think Lebron can take over scoring wise if he chooses so. Sure, his points are down, but he's also averaging a career low in minutes so you have to contribute some of the decline to that as well. He's been great this year, and AD looks like he's having fun too, which is nice to see.

@Canthony said:
@pattersaur said:
@Canthony said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

AD is awesome. I wish he shot it even more on offense but he plays super hard on defense too so I wouldn't want him tiring out on either end. But he is so skilled it's crazy.
Lebron cannot take over games with scoring anymore. His season high is 39 and most nights he's around 25 points. But his passing is incredible. Howard, McGee, and Davis all get alley-oops and easy buckets every game because of good passing. Most of that is Lebron.

Size. The Lakers are one of the biggest teams in the league. Milwaukee can handle that but a lot of other teams, especially crummy ones, get into foul trouble and get overwhelmed.
Biggest weakness I see is there's no one to run the offense when Lebron is on the bench. Rondo has more bad games than good ones. Also perimeter defense. Since the Lakers do have size, team's work the perimeter and frequently get wide open outside shots.

Also, I will say that since Kobe's passing, Lebron has been a rock for the team and fans. He's said all the right things, done all the right things, and really embraced being a Laker and trying to carry that baton more than he ever had before.

That is nice to hear that LeBron is doing that. Is he doing that to keep the spotlight on him or is it sincere? Do you think the Clippers jump shots will be too much for the Lakers in a 7 game series?

@pattersaur said:
@Canthony said:
@pattersaur said:
@Canthony said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

That is nice to hear that LeBron is doing that. Is he doing that to keep the spotlight on him or is it sincere? Do you think the Clippers jump shots will be too much for the Lakers in a 7 game series?

Lebron and Kobe were friends so in my opinion it is sincere. Even if it's not sincere (it is!), the alternative if Lebron had never come to LA would probably be Lonzo Ball and his dad as the face of a team still. I think everyone would agree it's better to have Lebron guiding the team through this difficult time than Lavar Ball.
As for the Clippers, they look good. But there's so much time between now and the playoffs and injuries can happen so it's hard to say who'd win that series right now. Last year GSW had crazy injuries or else they would've won the title again for sure. So who knows.

@Canthony said:
@pattersaur said:
@Canthony said:
@pattersaur said:
@Canthony said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

Lebron and Kobe were friends so in my opinion it is sincere. Even if it's not sincere (it is!), the alternative if Lebron had never come to LA would probably be Lonzo Ball and his dad as the face of a team still. I think everyone would agree it's better to have Lebron guiding the team through this difficult time than Lavar Ball.
As for the Clippers, they look good. But there's so much time between now and the playoffs and injuries can happen so it's hard to say who'd win that series right now. Last year GSW had crazy injuries or else they would've won the title again for sure. So who knows.
I agree with that. If KD never goes down.. They win that series easily. That was too bad. I loved Leonard, but I had $500 on GS. That was when injuries screwed me. 

Ball and Lavarr were God awful. I felt so bad for Laker nation.