Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ot: Black Mamba, daughter and others die in helicopter crash..
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Mamba mentality that he established is a real thing, its inspired others in many walks of life. A real tragedy and that includes the others killed in that crash.....and when you see the crash site, that copter hit down HARD. Just horrible.
I was thinking fog had everything to do with this...But the handful of witnesses said the copter was coming down at a very high rate of speed. 

Just a tragedy. All the $$ in the world can't make up for losing children, spouses, friends, loved ones....

But the NTSB has also said that witness testimony will be less reliable due to the fog.  Less people saw it so there will be less was to confirm or discount what little testimony there is.  Sadly there are people out there that claim to witness a lot of shit but are full of crap and they just want their 10 seconds of fame.

What I read seems to point to the fog as a most likely contributing factor.  Even local law enforcement had grounded their helicopters because of the dense fog yesterday.

Rest in Peace, Kobe and all of the others who passed in the crash.
I've been a lifelong fan of his and this news is incredibly tragic and sad. I don't want it to be true. Prayers for his family and for all those lost.

Racist, misogynist, elitist and hyprocritical all in one thread.  Smells like Savannah 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said: ......  I wont mourn the guy eitehr, but for some he was somebody they admired, and an internet thread are as close to a memorial service as they will get and you essentially just walked into the funeral parlor and shit in the coffin.
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
To smear the memory of a man less than 24 hours since his passing says more about you than the man you attack.
Ah...too soon?  My bad. 

Interesting the venerable Grey Lady, the newspaper of record NYT's...ran this Kobe reminder about... 7 hours after my post?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/sport...-case.html

And whadda bout the Wa-Po?  Suspending a reporter for similarly posting  Kobe's dirty laundry, same day?  Then reversing the suspension. 
 https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/washing...t-n1125201

The #metoo movement needs to weigh-in on proper timing.  

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Racist, misogynist, elitist and hyprocritical all in one thread.  Smells like Savannah 
*hypocritical

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
^ you’re a cum guzzler savannah
a cum dumpster as well. 
As-Salamu alaykum.  
Don't ban or move this, mods.  We're cool.  

honestly savannah, mom shouldve aborted you. 

I'm beginning to think you don't like me so much.  

oh no!

the LA Times ran this on THE DAY? (timeline on story is 11:58.  That's 2 minutes into same-day)
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/202...sault-case

I'm beginning to think I'm owed an apology.  

Quote: @savannahskol said:
oh no!

the LA Times ran this on THE DAY? (timeline on story is 11:58.  That's 2 minutes into same-day)
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/202...sault-case

I'm beginning to think I'm owed an apology.  
Well after reading that article I don't think he was guilty anyway.   I'm not a Kobe fan or emotionally invested in any of this one way or another.  But in any case why would one want to bring that up on the day of his death?   What happens after everyone is reminded he once was accused of doing something bad but nothing came of it?   Not much of value that I can see.

I would think twice about presuming that I'm such a moral paragon that it's my duty to attack the dead on the day of their passing.  If you had a loved one who'd allegedly done something wrong whether it was proven in court or not, but you still loved them in spite of their alleged flaws/sins, would you want the world to beat your door down on the day of that loved one's death, assaulting you with anger about something he/she allegedly did years ago?   Why not let his fatherless daughters and other relations and friends and admirers have a day or two to mourn before you start telling the world all the bad things you believe about him?   

No one owes you an apology, although I think some in this thread have resorted to ugly, stupid behavior, which is maybe all you are after - messing with people for kicks.    I think you owe it to yourself to try to be a better person than that and not be heavily invested in judging others, living or dead.  JMO.