Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow - Vikings got their stadium at a bargain price!!!
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
How happy are we as fans that the Vikings stadium bullshit is in the rearview? 

California has turned into a bigger shit show then its ever been. More people for the first time in forever are leaving the state in greater numbers than are entering it.
Yes. They are. And moving to Colorado.  
....and Idaho. Big numbers to Idaho.

Just tell them to stay away from Tennessee.  We have enough liberals already.

Quote: @"mjollnir_k" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"CLOBIMON" said:
Allegiant will probably be paid off in Vegas in about a year after opening too. :p
No shit! LOL! Im sure there will be slot machines and gambling tables somewhere in the stadium to bring in some extra $$ to help pay it off! And to insult to injury for the LA Rams and their new stadium BS, here is the latest on the Allegiant - ON time and ON Budget (so far!). Say what you will about Las Vegas, one thing they do well is building HUGE buildings for entertainment. 

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/s...t-1895394/
Yes and no.  The Drew is a building on the north side of the strip that has been in construction mode 2007 it has gone bankrupt and has been sold at least once.  Now it is slated to open 2022. 
The Drew is an unusual project and has had a lot of problems to go along with souring costs.  It is true that even Vegas can fail from time to time though.  Even if/when it does open I think it's too far north on the strip for most people - almost two miles beyond Treasure Island.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Just tell them to stay away from Tennessee.  We have enough liberals already.
Yeah, Tennessee, that hotbed of progressivism. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

California has turned into a bigger shit show then its ever been. More people for the first time in forever are leaving the state in greater numbers than are entering it.
..and Hawaii

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

..and Hawaii
I dont think he was talking about bank account balance numbers.  B)

Quote: @"CLOBIMON" said:
@"mjollnir_k" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"CLOBIMON" said:
Allegiant will probably be paid off in Vegas in about a year after opening too. :p
No shit! LOL! Im sure there will be slot machines and gambling tables somewhere in the stadium to bring in some extra $$ to help pay it off! And to insult to injury for the LA Rams and their new stadium BS, here is the latest on the Allegiant - ON time and ON Budget (so far!). Say what you will about Las Vegas, one thing they do well is building HUGE buildings for entertainment. 

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/s...t-1895394/
Yes and no.  The Drew is a building on the north side of the strip that has been in construction mode 2007 it has gone bankrupt and has been sold at least once.  Now it is slated to open 2022. 
The Drew is an unusual project and has had a lot of problems to go along with souring costs.  It is true that even Vegas can fail from time to time though.  Even if/when it does open I think it's too far north on the strip for most people - almost two miles beyond Treasure Island.
I agree the most congested part of the strip ends at TI/Wynn but Circus Circus and the Stratosphere are still there and the Convention center is right behind it.  Once the Sahara Closed though it felt like Old School Vegas was done on the strip and predominately belonged to Freemont Street the reopening seem to have made it cookie cutter but is does have the monorail serving it.  But Resorts like the M, Rio, Palms, Orleans have made a go nearly the same distance from the strip congestion and no mono rail service.  But then again find a parking spot in Vegas is easy

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

..and Hawaii
I dont think he was talking about bank account balance numbers.  B)
Believe it or not Maui is LESS expensive than where we lived in So. CA.

Property taxes, sales tax, gas, insurance, electricity, water..

You're right about the population not growing, but it's still by far the most populous US state, with over 10 million more people than the next most, Texas. Stagnating =/= mass exodus.
This stadium stuff is ridiculous though, totally agree there.

JR was telling me what GREAT football fans they have in Los Angeles?? Riiiight.
We do have great SPORTS fans in LA. Go ahead and check the attendance records for the Dodgers, Lakers, USC and UCLA football. Not sure the last time the Dodgers didn't lead all of the MLB in attendance.  Hard to find a more loyal and passionate fan base than that of the Dodgers and Lakers.  

But according to you in order to be a great football fan that after having no football in your city for over 20 years and after you having established your favorite teams, that when a greedy owner decides to move his team to your city that you have to drop your allegiance to your team and now support another team.  Also, that regardless of how ridiculous the prices are, you need to take away from your mortgage (highest real estate in US), kids expenses, tuitions and spend it on tickets.  

Premier seats will cost $1,500-$2,000/season, with a seat license of 7,500-$15,000. Reserved seats are $600-$1,250, with seat license of $1,000-$5,000.

So while you want to call us bad football fans, I would say we are pretty smart not to jump at these prices!  Incredible that people want to bash us for not wanting to pay up to $15,000 just to be able to buy tickets!

Also, I believe you live in Florida and I am pretty confident you are not wearing a Dolphins, Bucs or Jags jersey or have season tickets, so am I am to assume YOU are a bad football fan as well based on your definition?  Must be pretty hot living in Florida in that glass house.