Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What an asshole
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I don't think they see it that way. Hell, I don't think I see it that way. I warn my kids about gangs and drugs, but I don't have the conversation with my white kids about cops that many black families are forced to have with theirs. 
Every parent should be teaching their child to respect and obey their authorities, no matter who they are (teachers, police officers, etc).  And if an African-American tells their child that they are a likely target for unfair prosecution / attack by the police, who is that helping?  It'd be no different than me telling my kids to watch out for minorities at school, since they are more likely to be attacked by "them" than by their white classmates.  I think we can all see how wrong that would be (even if it is factually correct).  So why should a black family be "forced" to tell their kids to be wary of cops?  Why not tell them that they are there to help and protect them... and that- sometimes- they make mistakes, like anyone else... but, overall, they are there for their own good?  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
its because he champions for racial issues,  that makes him a martyr  hero a divisive figure and great for media fixation no matter what the facts are about the rest of the story.
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.
Nothing wrong with divisive. Jesus was divisive. MLK was divisive. Shouldn't we all be working to thwart racial injustice--injustice of any kind? 
yes we should work to end racial injustice.  Nothing wrong with divisive if done for the right reasons.  I don't see CK as working toward any type of healing or ending of it.  I see it more as stirring the pot for personal gain. 
I wonder if black folks see it that way. Who determines if it's for the "right" reasons?
come on man,  the pig socks pretty much ruined any chance he had at facilitating any meaningful change.   the way to garner attention and support for a cause is not to piss off or offend those that you hope to attract to your cause.  I am all for stopping police injustices,  I am all for fixing the racial tensions and issues in this country,   but i also recognize that its a very small % that are drawing the attention and him making his statement with those socks say I want nothing to do with that dumb ass.  they are trying to make a black vs cop thing and that is such an ignorant way to go at it if they really want to make any significant changes.

besides if he really cared about young black males.. how about wearing socks that dress up pigs like gangs bangers and drug dealers?  they are a much bigger threat to innocent young black Americans than law enforcement officers.
You racist you.  How dare you try to talk common sense.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
its because he champions for racial issues,  that makes him a martyr  hero a divisive figure and great for media fixation no matter what the facts are about the rest of the story.
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.
Nothing wrong with divisive. Jesus was divisive. MLK was divisive. Shouldn't we all be working to thwart racial injustice--injustice of any kind? 
He isn’t a hero or a martyr.  While there are legitimate discussions needed on the police, race, etc ... he hurt the cause.  

Let’s not forget his kneeling was not his first attempt at bringing light to problems.  He started by wearing socks with pigs dressed as cops.  

MLK was a hero.  CK was a washed up football player using racial divide as a way to make money and fame.  He became a hero to the left.  He hurt black relations with police.  He ignored the true problems within the black community. 
At the bold....Trump talked about grabbing women by the ... and paying women off, insulted Gold Star families, promoting divide yet he is president and "we" are still defending him. Give the guy a chance... he made a mistake.  

oh my.  And Clinton raped Broderick and Hillary called people deplorable...
That really pertains to the conversation, doesn't it.
Well...Hillary was wrong when she said you could put half of Trump's supporters into the basket of deplorables. But only because she undercounted. 

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
Putting aside some of his immature and stupid messaging, I think it is entirely unfair to say that he was "using racial divide as a way to make money and fame."  You may recall that he signed a performance-based contract -- meaning, if he didn't perform, he didn't get paid.  The actual guarantees were very small and Kaepernick's salary for any year went down $2 million each year if he was not named first- or second-team All-Pro, or if the 49ers didn't play in the Super Bowl the previous season with 80% of the snaps taken by Kaepernick.  No player has ever entered a contract like that before or after.  He could have made a lot more in his career but he believed in being paid for actual future production.  That was stupid but it shows he was not simply motivated by money.  Moreover, in his football career, he would have made a lot more money by simply staying quiet about the things he believed in -- like a lot of people do.  As for fame, I think the first post above proves that he does not do things for fame.  Frankly, he appears to back up what he says with action -- maybe he lacks judgement in how he backs up his words and beliefs but I don't think it is fair to say he is motivated by "fame and money."
He was rumored to have told the AAF he would not play for them for less than $20 million.  He wanted gobs of money in his "collusion" lawsuit... but settled for less.  He didn't speak out about all these "injustices" until AFTER he got benched (if I'm recalling that correctly).  He had multiple offers to earn his way back into the league, but was unwilling to do so- unless he was paid what he thought he was worth.  In fact, if he was willing to come back as a back-up, he MIGHT have still been given a chance to play.  But he wanted to be a starter... and to be paid like a starter.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but it seems to be driven more by what you want to be true... than what actually is.

Reasons may differ, but his approach kinda shot that all to hell.  Can't believe anyone can look at him and say that is a man I want fronting my campaign.
Just Nike... and they also support the communist dictator in China.  So... I wouldn't exactly look to them as a bastion of morality.

@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.
He isn’t a hero or a martyr.  While there are legitimate discussions needed on the police, race, etc ... he hurt the cause.  

Let’s not forget his kneeling was not his first attempt at bringing light to problems.  He started by wearing socks with pigs dressed as cops.  

MLK was a hero.  CK was a washed up football player using racial divide as a way to make money and fame.  He became a hero to the left.  He hurt black relations with police.  He ignored the true problems within the black community. 
At the bold....Trump talked about grabbing women by the ... and paying women off, insulted Gold Star families, promoting divide yet he is president and "we" are still defending him. Give the guy a chance... he made a mistake.  

Yep it does. All I am saying is people were able to forgive Trump and vote for him (despite his transgressions) same for Clinton so give the guy a chance he made a mistake. If we could forgive Clinton and Trump we can forgive Kaep. Nice try by the way.

@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.

Well...Hillary was wrong when she said you could put half of Trump's supporters into the basket of deplorables. But only because she undercounted. 
easy now.  

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.

Yep it does. All I am saying is people were able to forgive Trump and vote for him (despite his transgressions) same for Clinton so give the guy a chance he made a mistake. If we could forgive Clinton and Trump we can forgive Kaep. Nice try by the way.
a chance at what?  he wants a job he was marginal at towards the end of his career in a league where he would be nothing more than a circus side show now.  if he wanted to play football and show that he still has game,  he has had other opportunities and he hasnt taken them,  CFL and now the XFL would certainly benefit from have such a talent wouldnt they?  or is it easier to keep selling the notion that his greatness is overlooked simply because of his political stance?

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Putting aside some of his immature and stupid messaging, I think it is entirely unfair to say that he was "using racial divide as a way to make money and fame."  You may recall that he signed a performance-based contract -- meaning, if he didn't perform, he didn't get paid.  The actual guarantees were very small and Kaepernick's salary for any year went down $2 million each year if he was not named first- or second-team All-Pro, or if the 49ers didn't play in the Super Bowl the previous season with 80% of the snaps taken by Kaepernick.  No player has ever entered a contract like that before or after.  He could have made a lot more in his career but he believed in being paid for actual future production.  That was stupid but it shows he was not simply motivated by money.  Moreover, in his football career, he would have made a lot more money by simply staying quiet about the things he believed in -- like a lot of people do.  As for fame, I think the first post above proves that he does not do things for fame.  Frankly, he appears to back up what he says with action -- maybe he lacks judgement in how he backs up his words and beliefs but I don't think it is fair to say he is motivated by "fame and money."
He was rumored to have told the AAF he would not play for them for less than $20 million.  He wanted gobs of money in his "collusion" lawsuit... but settled for less.  He didn't speak out about all these "injustices" until AFTER he got benched (if I'm recalling that correctly).  He had multiple offers to earn his way back into the league, but was unwilling to do so- unless he was paid what he thought he was worth.  In fact, if he was willing to come back as a back-up, he MIGHT have still been given a chance to play.  But he wanted to be a starter... and to be paid like a starter.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but it seems to be driven more by what you want to be true... than what actually is.
My read of his "protest" was him trying to get released.  He knew he was done as the starter in SF so he wanted out and tried to force their hand by creating a stink.  First by sitting on the bench.  Then eventually coming up with the "protest" against the police or flag or whatever he saw as the sign of the oppression he was facing.

@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.

She forgot to count herself?   My point was, stay of focus here.  The Trump derangement need not surface here.