Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So..... Turkey. Not good.
Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
Id like us to get out of every foreign war. Not our problem. Support the troops by bringing them home. 
Yup.  Bring our troops home.
Yeah i remember y’all being super for it when Obama pulled troops home.

#MASSIVESTFUCKINGEYEROLLEVER!!!!

Exactly. Now they are shifting the goal post or claiming it's a conspiracy.
As a matter of fact he is not even bringing the troops home.
This was just a birthday present to Putin (pun intended)

Quote: @mblack said:
@pumpf said:
I agree.  So do alot of Republicans.  
I know that there are a bunch of Democrats opposed to it, too... but is it because Trump did it (and they reflexively oppose everything he does) or because they genuinely care about the Kurds.

From 2015: https://www.investors.com/politics/edito...the-kurds/

And this link says that it's not (technically?) the Kurds we're abandoning, but rather the YPG, which has been connected to a terrorist group: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/obama-...rt/1605149

So now I'm not sure what to think.  Time to do some more research.  Unfortunately, we can't just assume that the headlines are accurate or true anymore.
So how does this have anything to do with the decision made by Trump (even when many told him was not a good idea) that resulted in the civilians being killed?
This is not 2015 nor is Obama president. These killings are a result of a decision the US President made a few days ago - a few days ago again I repeat.
You really are not sure about what to think? 

Well, who put our troops there in the first place?  What did Obama do about this situation when he was in office?  Although Trump's decision may not have a direct link to Obama, you can bet there are all kinds of indirect links.  Of course, I'm honest enough to admit that I don't know everything about this issue.  I do know that I don't think it's a good idea... and, as I said, most Republicans seem to agree.

What still makes me wonder: is if liberals are ACTUALLY opposed to pulling troops out of a foreign war... or if they just- automatically- oppose everything that Trump does.

I see alot of virtue-signaling in this thread... but very little substance.  That tells me that people here don't understand the issue any better than I do... but Orange Man Bad, so here they are.

Meanwhile thousands of American children were aborted today.  And yesterday.  And the day before that...

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@mblack said:
@A1Janitor said:
Something tells me they have evidence that some in America made huge money off Syria - and Trump called an end to losing our men and women for fraud.  

Keep watching.  Biden is done.  
Seriously? Not this again. Why is everything a conspiracy? A few quick facts if you will agree those are even facts....
  1. The Syrian civil war started in 2011
  2. Obama was president in 2009
  3. Trump is bringing back about max 100 troops (50-100). There are over 1000 troops in Syria. So this is a far cry of "bringing troops home".
  4. Syrians killed over past four years is over 11000. US forces killed in that span? Six.
Everything is not about election. At sone point the human decency in us has to prevail. 
Exactly. I side with Rand Paul on this issue.  Bring our troops home and stop contributing to killing of all these people.  The war should end.  

And Biden is done.  It is horrible evidence against him.  No conspiracy.  
I dont know how else to say this. What Trump just did led to more deaths. Abruptly leaving is not the solution. It has to be planned and strategic. Everyone agrees on that except Trump.
Can we also agree that what Trump did was just bad judgement?
That's what's under discussion. That's what the thread is about. Not Biden, not corruption. 

Let’s wait and see what happens and why.  Judge it when we have the right facts. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@mblack said:
@pumpf said:
I agree.  So do alot of Republicans.  
I know that there are a bunch of Democrats opposed to it, too... but is it because Trump did it (and they reflexively oppose everything he does) or because they genuinely care about the Kurds.

From 2015: https://www.investors.com/politics/edito...the-kurds/

And this link says that it's not (technically?) the Kurds we're abandoning, but rather the YPG, which has been connected to a terrorist group: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/obama-...rt/1605149

So now I'm not sure what to think.  Time to do some more research.  Unfortunately, we can't just assume that the headlines are accurate or true anymore.
So how does this have anything to do with the decision made by Trump (even when many told him was not a good idea) that resulted in the civilians being killed?
This is not 2015 nor is Obama president. These killings are a result of a decision the US President made a few days ago - a few days ago again I repeat.
You really are not sure about what to think? 

Well, who put our troops there in the first place?  What did Obama do about this situation when he was in office?  Although Trump's decision may not have a direct link to Obama, you can bet there are all kinds of indirect links.  Of course, I'm honest enough to admit that I don't know everything about this issue.  I do know that I don't think it's a good idea... and, as I said, most Republicans seem to agree.

What still makes me wonder: is if liberals are ACTUALLY opposed to pulling troops out of a foreign war... or if they just- automatically- oppose everything that Trump does.

I see alot of virtue-signaling in this thread... but very little substance.  That tells me that people here don't understand the issue any better than I do... but Orange Man Bad, so here they are.

Meanwhile thousands of American children were aborted today.  And yesterday.  And the day before that...
I see why every discussion on this board does not go anywhere.
Trump made a bad decision a few days ago that led to the bombings. This thread is about bombings that happened a few days ago.
It is not about Obama or the abortion.
As a matter of fact why stop at Obama? While we are at it let's talk about the gulf war and world wars. Anything that will avoid talking about present day issues.
And to top it off you still can't bring yourself to admit Trump screwed up.
Its pathetic that the only defense you can come up with is comparing to what Obama did.
Trump is president. Hold him accountable for once. Every good thing that happens is his doing while every bad thing is either the Democrats or Obama. It's getting kind of childish. 
To conclude, HE trump made a statement that led to the Turkish raid. Not the democrats, not Congress and certainly not Obama.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Let’s wait and see what happens and why.  Judge it when we have the right facts. 
By "right facts" you mean the ones you agree with I am assuming?
Lastly what does "right facts" have to do with the innocent people killed a few days ago?

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
Id like us to get out of every foreign war. Not our problem. Support the troops by bringing them home. 
Yup.  Bring our troops home.
Yeah i remember y’all being super for it when Obama pulled troops home.

#MASSIVESTFUCKINGEYEROLLEVER!!!!
I was. Thought it was one of the few things that Obama did right. Obama may have been the drone king but pulling back in Syria was the right call in my mind. 

Quote: @mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
Really? How about the wars we triggered?
That's not even the core of it.
How about being part of global alliances to help countries in need and pledges to help police the world? 
How about maintaining a balance and preventing another world war ESPECIALLY on American soil?
Anyway what do I know? It's only about us. 
While we are at it should we stop selling to other countries and importing from other countries too?
I am sorry for coming out as brash but I really did not expect such a statement especially the bold.

P/S: Have we thought about making sure we are engaging in these wars for the right reasons?

We just showed up. We can just go home. Im sick of spending $1T/year on a military that outspends what the next 20 combined?  Then you have to add in the human costs. Death, dismemberment, ptsd etc. 

We are the Romans. We fight everywhere for everything and we’re spending at a rate that will bankrupt us in my life time. 

Id be more open to this “support the troops” bullshit if everyone had a stake in it. Lets say The Turkish war is going to cost $100B per year. Thats like $300 extra each we should tax every man, woman and child in America.  Thats just for this skirmish. We should issue a war tax for all the other wars as well.

You want to send a bunch of 18 year olds to die. Put some skin in the game instead of stealing it from our grandchildren. Once were actually paying for all this we’ll see if we’re willing to enter every foreign disagreement. 

Are you equally sick of using military approved funds to build a useless wall for political gains?
How about people who have been using public office to enrich themselves? Does that make you sick too?
Oh how about the supposed tax cut that ballooned the deficit? Are you sick of that too?
While we are at it does the fact that some one skipped deployment with supposed "bone spurs" make you sick?
For the record, no one asked Trump to send 18 year olds to die. All he had to do was NOTHING. The situation is worse cos he did something...opened his mouth.
Im not a trump supporter. I didnt vote for him. I usually side with team Red over Blue but not on everything. I havnt voted for a republican president since GWBs first term. 

Walls keep people out and they keep people in. Im for taking away the goodies that citizens and immigrants alike get and having open boarders. 

Im against the tax cut because it balooned the deficit. I enjoyed the extra money in my pocket yes, but it was the wrong thing to do. 

I could care less if someone got out of an unjust draft.  Had I been in the same situation I would have done the same. We havent fought a legitimate war since WW2 when we were attacked. 

Some citizens wonder why much of the world hates America: this is a prime example. Being the World's Policeman should have never been our job, but then how else would have made all of these billionaires??

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
Really? How about the wars we triggered?
That's not even the core of it.
How about being part of global alliances to help countries in need and pledges to help police the world? 
How about maintaining a balance and preventing another world war ESPECIALLY on American soil?
Anyway what do I know? It's only about us. 
While we are at it should we stop selling to other countries and importing from other countries too?
I am sorry for coming out as brash but I really did not expect such a statement especially the bold.

P/S: Have we thought about making sure we are engaging in these wars for the right reasons?

We just showed up. We can just go home. Im sick of spending $1T/year on a military that outspends what the next 20 combined?  Then you have to add in the human costs. Death, dismemberment, ptsd etc. 

We are the Romans. We fight everywhere for everything and we’re spending at a rate that will bankrupt us in my life time. 

Id be more open to this “support the troops” bullshit if everyone had a stake in it. Lets say The Turkish war is going to cost $100B per year. Thats like $300 extra each we should tax every man, woman and child in America.  Thats just for this skirmish. We should issue a war tax for all the other wars as well.

You want to send a bunch of 18 year olds to die. Put some skin in the game instead of stealing it from our grandchildren. Once were actually paying for all this we’ll see if we’re willing to enter every foreign disagreement. 

Are you equally sick of using military approved funds to build a useless wall for political gains?
How about people who have been using public office to enrich themselves? Does that make you sick too?
Oh how about the supposed tax cut that ballooned the deficit? Are you sick of that too?
While we are at it does the fact that some one skipped deployment with supposed "bone spurs" make you sick?
For the record, no one asked Trump to send 18 year olds to die. All he had to do was NOTHING. The situation is worse cos he did something...opened his mouth.
Im not a trump supporter. I didnt vote for him. I usually side with team Red over Blue but not on everything. I havnt voted for a republican president since GWBs first term. 

Walls keep people out and they keep people in. Im for taking away the goodies that citizens and immigrants alike get and having open boarders. 

Im against the tax cut because it balooned the deficit. I enjoyed the extra money in my pocket yes, but it was the wrong thing to do. 

I could care less if someone got out of an unjust draft.  Had I been in the same situation I would have done the same. We havent fought a legitimate war since WW2 when we were attacked. 
I appreciate your candid response. I admire the fact that you look at issues not political leanings.