Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what in the Wide World of Sports is going on with Diggs?
Is Diggs really whining about not getting the ball
enough?  Boo Effing Hoo for him.  How about holding on to the effing
ball when it does come to you, Mr. Multi-Millionaire?

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
[Image: Minnesota%20Vikings_0.png] 

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Vikings are adamant that Stefon Diggs isn't available for a trade, barring some massive deal.
Rapsheet noted that Diggs' frustration with the organization has been palpable. The Vikings' stud WR seemingly skipped practice on Wednesday, as he was listed as a DNP for non-injury reasons. Diggs averaged 9.9 targets per game in 2018, but that mark has dipped to just 4.8 through four weeks. 55 (!!!) WRs have more targets than Diggs this season. The Vikings' pass offense is set up about as well as possible for a rebound this week against a Giants defense that has allowed 8.2 net yards per pass attempt this season. Only the Dolphins (9.7) have been worse.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Oct 3, 2019, 10:23 AM ET
"Barring some massive deal." So then he is available. Send him, Reiff and Waynes to Washington for Trent Williams, Terry McClaurin and a 1st. In the 1st, draft a QB and a guard. In the 2nd draft a WR. Boom. 

Everyone is available at the right price...

I like Diggs a lot as a player. I'd hate to see him go - too much pressure on Thielen.

I'm not convinced we have another WR on the roster that can beat 1:1 coverage besides our 2 starters. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Ralphie" said:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Vikings are adamant that Stefon Diggs isn't available for a trade, barring some massive deal.
Rapsheet noted that Diggs' frustration with the organization has been palpable. The Vikings' stud WR seemingly skipped practice on Wednesday, as he was listed as a DNP for non-injury reasons. Diggs averaged 9.9 targets per game in 2018, but that mark has dipped to just 4.8 through four weeks. 55 (!!!) WRs have more targets than Diggs this season. The Vikings' pass offense is set up about as well as possible for a rebound this week against a Giants defense that has allowed 8.2 net yards per pass attempt this season. Only the Dolphins (9.7) have been worse.

"Barring some massive deal." So then he is available. Send him, Reiff and Waynes to Washington for Trent Williams, Terry McClaurin and a 1st. In the 1st, draft a QB and a guard. In the 2nd draft a WR. Boom. 
I doubt Washington is looking to trade what are probably their 3 most valuable assets for Diggs, Reiff, and Waynes.
I hope this gets sorted out with the Vikings because I don't think a team will give up a first straight up for Diggs, even though to me he's worth that. And even if a team would pay that price, then we don't have a replacement for him at all.

Such a smart offensive strategy going forward: we have two of the best WR in the league... let's grab a mediocre QB and craft a game plan that underutilizes them and becomes one dimensional so we rely on the RBs. Then, when the awesome WRs get upset, let's shit talk them as fans.

There's a reason there have been two feuds from both Thielend/Cousins and Diggs/[Cousins/the team]. This team is wasting both of their talents. And wasting our season as fans.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
Such a smart offensive strategy going forward: we have two of the best WR in the league... let's grab a mediocre QB and craft a game plan that underutilizes them and becomes one dimensional so we rely on the RBs. Then, when the awesome WRs get upset, let's shit talk them as fans.

There's a reason there have been two feuds from both Thielend/Cousins and Diggs/[Cousins/the team]. This team is wasting both of their talents. And wasting our season as fans.
 I posted earlier this week that if we fans looked at Thielen and Diggs stats season-to-date we'd probably be shocked...

I'm too lazy to look it up and its still early. 

But it sure seems like there has been passing opportunities to win games and keep players happy - that aren't being called by the staff and/or executed by the QB. 

It's a shit show on offense right now - with the exception of the magnificent Dalvin Cook. What's frustrating is that Dalvin should actually be helping the passing game - immensely. 

It would be one thing if Thielen had 50 targets to something like 12 for Diggs.  Right now they're at 22 and 19 though so neither one of them is getting much opportunity and it's even.  How about working within the offense and the QB/WR room to remedy that rather than sulking, IF that's what he's doing of course.

Do people know what the numbers were last season after 4 games?  Thielen had 40 catches on 56 targets / Diggs had 27 catches on 44 targets.  They combined for six 100 yard receiving games.  He didn't seem too upset at that time so maybe it's simply frustration with the passing game as a whole and not completely personal.  If that's the case though, again, work on it rather than avoid.

Currently listening to local Bay Area sports radio 95.7 the Game (San Francisco), and they are about to have John Clayton on the air - and the big question is if the Vikings will trade Diggs to the Niners - Ill keep you posted on what he says.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"KingBash" said:

I posted earlier this week that if we fans looked at Thielen and Diggs stats season-to-date we'd probably be shocked...

I'm too lazy to look it up and its still early. 

But it sure seems like there has been passing opportunities to win games and keep players happy - that aren't being called by the staff and/or executed by the QB. 

It's a shit show on offense right now - with the exception of the magnificent Dalvin Cook. What's frustrating is that Dalvin should actually be helping the passing game - immensely. 
I won't beat it any further than it's already been all week, but of all the problems - the play calling, the OL, and Cousins - the biggest sinner is Cousins. I can't wait to see how fans will react next time he comes out and has another atrocious game.

It was 10 months ago that all he had to do was be just above mediocre in a home finale and we'd have gotten to watch a playoff game. That left a bad taste in my mouth and it's been there since. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Ralphie" said:

I doubt Washington is looking to trade what are probably their 3 most valuable assets for Diggs, Reiff, and Waynes.
I hope this gets sorted out with the Vikings because I don't think a team will give up a first straight up for Diggs, even though to me he's worth that. And even if a team would pay that price, then we don't have a replacement for him at all.
Two of the biggest factors in determining trade value is age and contract. IMO, Trent Williams is probably worth a 3rd. McClaurin, a good looking 3rd round draft pick from last year, could probably draw a 2nd considering he's playing well above his draft slot. Diggs' contract works against him, but his age and talent work for him. I'd say a low 1st. Same with Waynes, but he's not the superstar that Diggs is. So I'd say a 3rd or 4th. Reiff is just a salary dump and is worth literally nothing in this deal but we couldn't keep him with Williams. 

Anyway, I'm just having fun. Who knows what the cap math would be. And this is about as likely as me waking up tomorrow with Alicia Vikander in my bed.