Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome back, Marcus Sherels
Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
Beebe appears to be made of glass
Yep. I like the guy, but he's not going to have a NFL career being injured. If Bisi can get some reps and show anything, that does not bode well for Beebe's chance to be on the roster next year. Can't count on him. Plus, he mishandled punts. #3 and #4 WRers on a team are easy to find. I don't think the Vikings will give up on Beebe yet, but one more injury and that will most likely be it for him in purple. Also, I would guess that Bisi will look even better next training camp with a year of learning under his belt. He's got a NFL body.

Sherels being healthy and available was a gift from the NFL gods for sure right now.

People seriously dog on Sherels as a punt returner?  He's the best we've ever had: the franchise leader in PR yardage (2,447), PR avg (10.6 yards/return) and PR touchdowns (5)

We have fans that dogged Patterson as a KR...never underestimate the potential stupidity of any fan base...

Quote: @Purpleblooded said:
People seriously dog on Sherels as a punt returner?  He's the best we've ever had: the franchise leader in PR yardage (2,447), PR avg (10.6 yards/return) and PR touchdowns (5)
so I guess there is no room for improvement?  is it really dogging to point out things that could be improve upon?  its not like we are talking about an all time great future HOF player here,  he does a nice job at PR, but there have been things that have frustrated some of us along with his achievements. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Purpleblooded said:
so I guess there is no room for improvement?  is it really dogging to point out things that could be improve upon?  its not like we are talking about an all time great future HOF player here,  he does a nice job at PR, but there have been things that have frustrated some of us along with his achievements. 
IMO, if he wasn't doing a good job at PR, he wouldn't have stuck around for 7 years.  It wasn't his DB skills that kept him on the roster.  And if he wasn't doing what the coaches asked, he wouldn't have stuck around.
I just chuckle imagining any of us standing out there looking at the sky while huge bodies sprint at us intending on maximum impact.  Sherels was fearless from my perspective.  Years of doing the job gave him a confidence in 1st, catching the ball, and second, side stepping the first guy and then finding positive yards.

Sherels is not Billy White shoes Johnson or anything but he has been a GREAT  punt returner for us.  I just hope he catches the ball like he always has. my only fear is he has taken no hits all year so he’s not really adjusted to getting hit. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Purpleblooded said:
IMO, if he wasn't doing a good job at PR, he wouldn't have stuck around for 7 years.  It wasn't his DB skills that kept him on the roster.  And if he wasn't doing what the coaches asked, he wouldn't have stuck around.
I just chuckle imagining any of us standing out there looking at the sky while huge bodies sprint at us intending on maximum impact.  Sherels was fearless from my perspective.  Years of doing the job gave him a confidence in 1st, catching the ball, and second, side stepping the first guy and then finding positive yards.
again though,  not saying he isnt doing a good job,  just that there are things that left me frustrated with his game at times.  letting the ball hit the turf is one of them because its pretty rare that they bounce in our favor..

I don't get it jimmy--you'll bag on someone that actually does something on the field and then defend the move to brings back the manequin tready 

Quote: @Akvike said:
I don't get it jimmy--you'll bag on someone that actually does something on the field and then defend the move to brings back the manequin tready 
I like both moves,  the discussion was on sherels so I commented on sherels.