Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sloter expects other NFL options (if Vikings keep 2 qb's)
Quote: @JoDakota said:
Leading a vanilla preseason offense against a lot of guys who won't see meaningful NFL action this year, and this guy is suddenly a hall of famer? LOL.....Zimmer has stated that Sloter has a LONG ways to go to run the REAL offense against REAL NFL players. It's time we all get REAL and let football minds make football decisions, and let arm chair QB speculating be a thing of the past. WOW.
We can only hope Cousins stays healthy.  Mannion isn't a good QB, or he'd still be with the Rams.  Maybe he wasn't a good mentor to Goff so they dumped him for Bortels?

It will be interesting to see how these backup QBs play tomorrow night.  Maybe for once Sloter will be as crappy as he practices.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Maybe for once Sloter will be as crappy as he practices. 

I sure as hell hope not. Chad Beebe dropped one pass and the house of cards came crashing down.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@HappyViking said:
@FSUVike said:
@BrickVike said:
The thing that bugs me about the “mentor” role for Manion is that they have a QB coach. Wouldnt it be part of his duties to sit with QB on sidelines and help with that stuff. Then Sloter gets in that conversation to learn?  
How many teams currently carry a true Developmental QB as their #2?

Why is Hoyer backing up Tom Brady?

Why didn't Favre lift a finger to help Rodgers?

The truth is obvious for those that actually want to hear it.
Tom Brady did backup Drew Bledsoe
Kramer was Tark's backup.
Steve Young backed up Montana
Rodgers was #2 to Favre
Mahomes backed up Alex Smith

I don't think it's unusual to have a developing young QB be the #2.  Especially if he's better than all the other QBs, exept the starter.

Bill.Bellicheat has a journeyman backing up Brady instead of the next JG.

Yes, he does. As he should. But which QB took reps with the 2's last week? Not the journeyman, the rookie.

No matter how you slice it.

If Mannion or Sloter have to play in a real game then we are in more trouble than a little bit!

From my perspective, it seems meaningless anyway, simply because Cousins was a mistake.
I hope I'm wrong, but I have very little optimism for this upcoming season.
It won't matter what Zimmer thinks, if we have another .500 season!

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:

If Mannion or Sloter have to play in a real game then we are in more trouble than a little bit!
I wouldn't be so sure just yet... Kirk needs to step up his game, thats all I will say.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MarkSP18 said:

I wouldn't be so sure just yet... Kirk needs to step up his game, thats all I will say.
Cousins wasn't the issue: 30 TDs - 10 INTs - 4300 yds and completed over 70% of his passes. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Cousins wasn't the issue: 30 TDs - 10 INTs - 4300 yds and completed over 70% of his passes. 
I saw issues in a few games last year, NO, NE, Buffalo, both Bears games. He needs to step up and win a few of these types of games when maybe everything is not perfect to convince me. 

@StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
@MarkSP18 said:

I saw issues in a few games last year, NO, NE, Buffalo, both Bears games. He needs to step up and win a few of these types of games when maybe everything is not perfect to convince me. 
you have your reason why its not on KC for much of the offensive failures from last season... you say he needed to step up,  well there was no stepping up behind that line last year.  Even the best QBs in the game look like shit when their OL and play calling is as horrendous as ours was for much of last season.

@StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
@MarkSP18 said:

No doubt KC had some games where I would have liked to have seen more...:But he wouldn't be the first thing I'd point to as a problem with the offense. 

Losing Cook, JDF as an OC and that shit-show of an OL were by far the bigger of the problems to solve. 

Call me naive, but I really believe KC's best seasons are still ahead of him - and that means All Pro type years.