Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... who do you want next?
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr...cornerback 

Whoa. Some serious talent left after some serious reaches yesterday. Some drool-worthy Safeties on there. Ant Harris is in the last year of his deal...

TE and WR sweet spot as well. Not a stretch to say Minnesota could come away with a guy at #50 who's better than 4 or 5 guys who went in the 1st.

Deebo Samuel would be my first choice. I know there are other receivers who have interesting traits, but he's the one I keyed in on. If he's gone, then I'd look at TE. I think DL has been picked through, though Khalen Saunders in the 3rd would be interesting, unless all of the 3rd round DL go in the 2nd. OT is a wild card, it seems like some talent has slid, so maybe we can get some unexpected value. I know there is value at corner and it could be a need next year, but I don't think I could stomach a corner in the 2nd.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
O-line dipped down the board a little in round one so there are quite a few guys who are a good value in the 2nd. Tonight I think the big question is whether the run on CB's or WR's start first. If the run on WR's begin they probably will need to look at a TE or WR in round two. If not, maybe a D-lineman. Lots of flexibility. I wouldn't be shocked to see them drop back from #50 to get another mid-round selection. 
With the big run on DL (which was supposed to be a pretty deep class this year), are there any "blue chip" DL left to take in the 2nd round?

I think the DL class was only deep in terms of Tier I-ish guys Pumpf. Allen from BC has slid a little bit but that's about it.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
O-line dipped down the board a little in round one so there are quite a few guys who are a good value in the 2nd. Tonight I think the big question is whether the run on CB's or WR's start first. If the run on WR's begin they probably will need to look at a TE or WR in round two. If not, maybe a D-lineman. Lots of flexibility. I wouldn't be shocked to see them drop back from #50 to get another mid-round selection. 
With the big run on DL (which was supposed to be a pretty deep class this year), are there any "blue chip" DL left to take in the 2nd round?
Depends what you want to consider a blue-chip guy. There are still a lot of guys who have the potential to develop into top tier pass rushers. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@pumpf said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Depends what you want to consider a blue-chip guy. There are still a lot of guys who have the potential to develop into top tier pass rushers. 
Meh.  Our weakness was stopping the run last year.  I don't suppose there are any of THOSE guys left, huh?

Jace Sternberger would be my choice at 50. He looked like the most fluid TE at the combine with the size that clearly puts him above the one trick pony category of an Irv Smith.

Anyone not named Greg Little...doubling down on the OL with anyone not named Greg Little...Basically all available prospects without the initials GL...

If there's a prospect who had a visit with us...and when we picked him up at the airport...the sign read Mr Greg Little, or Greg Little, or just Mr Little, or even just Little, I wouldn't be happy...

I like Iowa St. WR Hakeem Butler in the slot... I like the Memphis RB Henderson a ton...

i like fillin' needs too, lol...