Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barr staying?
Griff gone if he doesn't restructure: https://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-expect...-contract/ 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
Whacky. Of all the free agent signings or non-signings, this has to be the most surprising. I have a hunch the Vikings, after striking out with Richardson and James,  realized that had to do something to keep talent on their roster. Makes me wonder also if they might be reconsidering trading one of their corners. 
I think your points have a lot to do with it. But I would add that seeing Za'Darius Smith get $16.5M /yr, Preston Smith grab $13M/yr, and Mosley who is strictly and off the ball guy some get $17M changes the market a bit. The Vikings were wanting Barr back at $12M for well over a year. If you need to go up $1.5M to keep your guy when the marketplace is going insane, its a good move. 
I also have to think the draft outlook played a part. If they had lost Barr, assuming no other additions, they would've gone into the draft having to add an OL, replace Richardson AND Barr. 

With Barr back, again assuming no other additions, they can take BPA between DT and OL at 18. Good value there for both positions. 

...and just as I was starting to take a liking to the idea of Devin Bush at 18. 

Pretty quiet on the Saffold front. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
Whacky. Of all the free agent signings or non-signings, this has to be the most surprising. I have a hunch the Vikings, after striking out with Richardson and James,  realized that had to do something to keep talent on their roster. Makes me wonder also if they might be reconsidering trading one of their corners. 
I think your points have a lot to do with it. But I would add that seeing Za'Darius Smith get $16.5M /yr, Preston Smith grab $13M/yr, and Mosley who is strictly and off the ball guy some get $17M changes the market a bit. The Vikings were wanting Barr back at $12M for well over a year. If you need to go up $1.5M to keep your guy when the marketplace is going insane, its a good move. 
I also have to think the draft outlook played a part. If they had lost Barr, assuming no other additions, they would've gone into the draft having to add an OL, replace Richardson AND Barr. 

With Barr back, again assuming no other additions, they can take BPA between DT and OL at 18. Good value there for both positions. 

Barr was going to be much harder to replace than Sheldon in the draft. I hadn't stated it on here but elsewhere I was a little nervous they were overlooking the loss of Barr. Although it can prevent stats teams align a lot of their protections to stop him. When they don't (Miami game) he light it up and destroys the game. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Probably took a look at the real estate prices!  :o :o :o  
Or the NY taxes...

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Just came across the wire. Hmmm.
Somewhere, Aaron Rodgers audibly whimpered

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Barr was going to be much harder to replace than Sheldon in the draft. I hadn't stated it on here but elsewhere I was a little nervous they were overlooking the loss of Barr. Although it can prevent stats teams align a lot of their protections to stop him. When they don't (Miami game) he light it up and destroys the game. 
Richardson is a good DT, but Barr has the rarer skillset and its a good draft class for DTs. We also at least have some options at DT already on the roster, where as our LB depth is much more quesrionable. Do you think thet DT is our most likely first round need or wouldn it be DE if need to release Griffen, though I like what Weatherly did last year.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Griff gone if he doesn't restructure: https://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-expect...-contract/ 
He's too volatile now to trade. He can't be counted on so a good talent like Griffen will be marginalized because of his mental health stuff.

Quote: @Tyr said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:

Richardson is a good DT, but Barr has the rarer skillset and its a good draft class for DTs. We also at least have some options at DT already on the roster, where as our LB depth is much more quesrionable. Do you think thet DT is our most likely first round need or wouldn it be DE if need to release Griffen, though I like what Weatherly did last year.
In this year's draft class you can find good DT/DE prospects into the 3rd or 4th round. Unless a top 10 talent like Gary, Oliver, Sweat fall down to #18 I would be eyeing up O-lineman or possibly Hockenson/Fant. 

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Dammit!  Now BarrNone keeps his moniker! 
I was hoping he'd take a new Treadwell avatar! Wink

I was working with him on some alternatives just in case:
RudyBreaksATackle
DiggsDoesntDropIt
CookGoesFor2(GamesOffTheInjuryReport)

Bullet dodged.

That wasn't a moniker entry.