Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremiah Mock 1.0
Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
This would help a lot...

Daniel Jones - QB - Blue DevilsBleacher Report's Matt Miller mocks three quarterbacks to go in the top ten of his latest mock draft.
Miller just projects the top ten in his instagram post, but there are three quarterbacks who go: Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins to the Giants at six, Duke's Daniel Jones to the Jaguars at seven, and Missouri's Drew Lock to the Broncos with the 10th selection. On his latest podcast, Miller here's that scouts believe there should be four quarterbacks taken in the top 15, with Kyler Murray likely that fourth signal-caller. There's a ton of volatility in this class, but there are teams that need answers there, and that quantity/quality should match-up in quite a few going early in 2019.Source: Matt Miller on Instagram
So Kyler Murray tells baseball that if a team drafts him he will commit to baseball. A's draft him in the first round and give him $5M. He then declares for the NFL draft. I don't know how anyone can risk taking him in the first round. What's more, I hear all these comparisons to Brees and Wilson and Mayfield, but those guys are roughly 6 feet. There are rumors that Murray could be as short as 5-9. Top 15? I have a hard time believing that. 
Well, in fairness, it was before he played a lot of college football right?  He is going to have to give back most of the signing bonus as well.
But after winning the Heisman it is hard to pass on a potential first round guaranteed contract which would be double his baseball signing bonus and he would hit free agency in 5 years.  I believe the time for him to become an UFA in baseball is much longer.
Plus, he has not shown as much in baseball as football.   He has shown enough but at a Heisman level.
I'm not criticizing him as much as I am the idea that he could be a 1st round draft pick. To me that's a HUGE risk on a guy who might just decide to play baseball. I suppose you could ask him for a commitment...like the A's did. Pfff. First round picks are gold in the NFL. And if you miss on one, especially a QB, it sets you back years. I can't imagine an NFL team taking that gamble...and it's two-fold. He'd be the smallest QB since...I'm thinking Doug Flutie?