Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure I can get behind Stefanski as OC....
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1079...43521?s=19
Does this seem crazy to anyone else besides me?  Good luck to him, but I'm not even sure Zim was going to remove the "interim" from his OC promotion.  If he can get HC opportunities, it might make it way easier for Zimmer to demote him and/or bring in a new more experienced OC.

Look, the NFL is about fads and copying what just worked. It's a microwave League looking for instant results.

McVay & Nagy killed it out of the gates. But that could very well be the exception and not the rule. 

Other dudes have held Andy Reid's clipboard and done squat in their own, for example. But teams will go nuts trying to land Bienemy thinking they're getting Nagy 2.0. And there's zero guarantee he will be that.

Some young dudes are going  to get hired because of the copycat mentality and most will bust, at least their first time in the big seat.

Just because Stefanski is young does not mean he's good. It just means he's young. If Cleveland hires him to be their HC I will lose zero sleep over it.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Does this seem crazy to anyone else besides me?  Good luck to him, but I'm not even sure Zim was going to remove the "interim" from his OC promotion.  If he can get HC opportunities, it might make it way easier for Zimmer to demote him and/or bring in a new more experienced OC.
On the one hand, it's bizarre but the league is known for the bizarre. On the other hand, some teams are casting a wide net. It all depends on the approach. I mean once JDF's name got some hype, well you know the rest. I am really interested to see what happens to the OC position, with all the misses I am hoping for a hit.

I find it hard to judge Stefanski.  He had a 3 week audition with a week to get ready which would necessitate him working with another OC's playbook and personnel. If there is even any plays in Flip's playbook to mitigate bad OG play, Flip hid them for his entire tenure.