Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears game crucial for Cousins
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Purple Haze said:
I hear you about stats but that is all there really is to judge by unless you really get deep into it.  Tom Brady has few touchdowns, more interceptions, 2 games under 200 yards passing and only 5 over 300 like Cousins and zero over 400 unlike Cousins.  So does that make Brady a game manager ?  But there again the numbers don't tell the whole story. As for the turnovers on the N.O. pick six Diggs quit on the route he admitted as much.  Rudy totally missed a block on another pick six in the Miami game. On the fumbles, especially the Buffalo game I give the O-Line a lot of the blame. All that being said I think where he gets all of the blame is his hanging onto the ball too long.  I wish he would just throw the ball away and live to play another down on a lot plays. Fans are getting too hung up on the money he is being paid.  Thats just the trend of the NFL.  Big Ben signed his contract for 21.8 a year in 2015, Eli Manning 21 million in 2015, then in 2016 Luck signs for 24.6 million a year, then comes Stafford in 2017 signing for 27 million a year, then in 2018 Cousins for 28, then Ryan for 30, then Rogers for 34.  Teams either have to pay that amount or you get the Case Keenums of the world for 20 million.  I don't really disagree with you for the most part, I just don't see another option that the Vikings could have went with and still had a playoff caliber team.  
case keenum with a horse shoe had them in the playoffs with what he had around him,  Cousins merely making the playoffs (remains to be seen) wasnt an acceptable goal for me going into this year.  yes the schedule was tougher,  and yes the team had set backs,  but Cousins came with higher expectation and now that we arent where we expected to be we start to make excuses?  I give him some slack but he is either a top tier QB or he isnt and if he isnt then he shouldnt be paid like one regardless of what else was available.  I think he has better football in him than what we are seeing.

as far as comparing him to brady... one is 29 the other is like 41 or something,  also people are all talking about how far brady has fallen this year and wondering if he should hang it up.
Dont get me wrong, I in no way think Cousins is in Bradys league.  I was just trying to make the point that a QB does not put up the type of numbers Cousins has put up this season as a game manager.  His numbers are better than Bradys this year and I think anyone with a heartbeat knows Tom Brady is far from a game manager. I too expected more from not just Cousins but the whole team this season.  I do believe though that if Keenum were still the Vikings QB this years team would have been lucky to win 6 games this season.

It's simple, for me anyway.

Has Cousins put the team on his back and won games for them? 

Yes?  Gun Slinger. 

No?  Game Manager. 

Cousins, much like Peterson, is being paid to win games.  AD put this team into the playoffs behind a shitty line by running like a madman.  He used his talent to overcome the line's weakness.  Show me a game where Cousins has done that.  The closest would be the tie game Vs the pack.  Cousins "shines" when things go his way or it's garbage stat time.  He hasn't shown that he can lead this team thru difficult times.
Those difficult times are now Kirk...  get to work.    

It is time for Cousins to show he was worth the money for this year - 24 million.

But it is also time for this very expensive defense to step-up and provide Cousins/offense the opportunity to get us to the playoffs.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
It is time for Cousins to show he was worth the money for this year - 24 million.

But it is also time for this very expensive defense to step-up and provide Cousins/offense the opportunity to get us to the playoffs.  
There have been times when the defense got a turnover and the offense did not score. There have been times when the defense held and the offense did nothing with good field position. The defense has had some down moments no doubt but they have also been gassed when they have been on the field too long. They can definitely do better though. 

Quote: @Purple Haze said:
Over 4100 yards, 29 TD's, 10 picks, 278 yards /game and a 101 QB rating.  That is not a game manager.  The Vikings game manager is in Denver, 3600 yards, 240 /game, 17 TD, 14 picks with a rating of 81.4.  Does anybody still want Keenum back for 20 million a year ? 
Denver was a shitty team last year they have won more games this year.

I would rate AT,SD,KR, and DC as being better skill position players than DEN has.

2017 MN 2 mill QB vs 2018 28 mill QB
7.48 yards per attempt vs 7.71 (8") you throw it more you end up with more yards, funny how that works
TD every 21.86 attempts vs 18.62 (4 extra TD's attempt for attempt) When Kirk reached 481 attempts (CK 2017 total)
Guess how many TD's he had.............................................................................Twenty two, where have is seen this number? 
Oh Ya same as CK's TD's in 2017 with only 14 stars
1 4th Q come back 3 game winning drives vs 1 4th Q come back 0 game winning drives
98.3 QBR vs 100.9
23.875 points per game vs 23.333

Maybe if 2018 QB wasn't throwing pick 6's and FR's for TD's at a record pace.
They could have ran more during the game, hence fewer attempt and yards/TD's against prevent D's holding a 2 score lead
with minutes left in the 4th.

I just don't see a 26 million dollars improved performance out of Kirk

Now if you have Kirk on your FF team, I understand your joy in 2 400+ yard games
and hid 3rd highest game 359 yards, all 3 of those games resulted in 0 wins for MN.

For me the contract is irrelevant. Cousins is paid the going rate for his position with his pedigree.

I have yet to see anything from Cousins that says he’s not a franchise QB. Some fans are never happy regardless the QB. The only thing annoying to me are turn overs but in many ways he’s like Favre in that regard. 

This is a good team that has a horrible oline and have often been unprepared to start games. To me, the first is on the personnel director and second is on the coach. Cousins can’t do it all. Some fans think guys like Brady do it all. Of course this isn’t true. It is a team and staff effort. 

At least for me, complaining about Cousins just doesn’t make sense.

Looks like Kurt Cuozzo to me so far today, yuck...

cracking under pressure. 

has QB ptsd, cant throw anyone open

hes done

Just showed a cut from the Viking's sideline where Thielen was yelling at Cousins...

92 yards passing with the game basically over.  2 bad calls just to keep his lone TD drive alive.