• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So has Rogers tailed-off?
Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"PurplePastor" said:
Danica Patrick?
I thought it was Dan Patrick. funny lol:p

Quote: @"Viking1987" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
He has this year. But for anyone expecting some sort of age-related decline, you're in for a disappointment. He's 35, not 40. He's also been hurt, his offensive line has been playing hurt, his coaching staff is in shambles, and he has one NFL-caliber receiver. Context. 
not every  qb plays to a high level to there 40
No, but each position has an age when age-related decline happens. And at QB, it ain't 35. 

He's not dog crap, but the team has turned into it. I think they are probably at least 2 years from legitimately being able to get the pieces back together with good management, and coaching. That puts Rodgers at 37. I think it's reasonable that we will start to see his skill set (legs) start to fade even more if he continues to take shots in the next year or so.

I don't think he has the will to keep taking a beating during a rebuild if it takes longer than 2 years. His team will quit on him when he starts to show his inner quitiness...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Viking1987" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
He has this year. But for anyone expecting some sort of age-related decline, you're in for a disappointment. He's 35, not 40. He's also been hurt, his offensive line has been playing hurt, his coaching staff is in shambles, and he has one NFL-caliber receiver. Context. 
No, but each position has an age when age-related decline happens. And at QB, it ain't 35. 
That's truer now with how much QBs are protected in today's NFL...  but Rodgers isn't the classic pocket passer like Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees are...  What makes him so great is his legs and ability to extend plays much like Russell Wilson.

It's not out of the question that his peak may be over.  Eli Manning has certainly declined the past 2 seasons despite all the offensive weapons around him and he's 37 right now.  Carson Palmer was out of the league at 37 because his play was declining and he couldn't stay healthy.  Those are just a few recent examples.

Rodgers has had to deal with a collarbone and knee injury the past two seasons...  He's certainly talented enough and smart enough to adjust his style of play, but what if he doesn't and he has another bad injury?

All I know is guys age differently and injuries play a factor when they decide to call it quits.  He's definitely not playing as well as he was just a couple seasons ago...

He's down and an albatross on their cap...

I think he’s done being the elite game-changer that got the
Pack to the playoffs regardless of his situation.  I think he’s down on his situation, his recently
fired coach, the 13 pins in his collarbone (or however many).  I think he’s still a dangerous threat if they
put a solid team around him.  I’d still
take him over Cousins for the next 5 years. 
I think he’s got a tougher path to longevity in this league as so much
of his game has been based around his mobility. 
If he starts to get a touch slower, he’s going to have to change how he
plays, because he’ll get hit even more than he already does.

PFF did a good analysis on him on their youtube channel.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Viking1987" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
That's truer now with how much QBs are protected in today's NFL...  but Rodgers isn't the classic pocket passer like Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees are...  What makes him so great is his legs and ability to extend plays much like Russell Wilson.

It's not out of the question that his peak may be over.  Eli Manning has certainly declined the past 2 seasons despite all the offensive weapons around him and he's 37 right now.  Carson Palmer was out of the league at 37 because his play was declining and he couldn't stay healthy.  Those are just a few recent examples.

Rodgers has had to deal with a collarbone and knee injury the past two seasons...  He's certainly talented enough and smart enough to adjust his style of play, but what if he doesn't and he has another bad injury?

All I know is guys age differently and injuries play a factor when they decide to call it quits.  He's definitely not playing as well as he was just a couple seasons ago...
Yep, every player is different and age impacts the more athletic types sooner, but there are too many other, much more likely, if not obvious, factors to consider in this case. 

He'll never be the same since he got Barred

I think there is some truth to the wear and tear being a factor. We will see next year when he is 100% how much of a factor it truly is. His mobility has been compromised by the knee injury right now and his throwing ability is somewhat compromised as well. But his piss poor attitude is another thing getting in his way. He is a poor example when they are losing. He doesn't have the ability to rally his team. He is too busy making excuses and tossing out blame. He seems bored out there. Granted losing sucks but he doesn't seem to give a crap right now. He is fine when everything is going right but a true test of character is how you respond when things are not going well.

Can't hold it in any more...Although this goes against everything Ive tried to establish in terms of my credibility here rowing along with you good folks here on the longship...

I've finally decided to comment, beyond, "I don't care"

F Rogers, and F the Packers.

there.