Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter not practicing and Cook leaves practice
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
it's probably not yet time to call in our Brians and Jareds and Erasmuses and Kenechis...

Jimmy meant Chris Doleman... duh 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
It is unbelievable to me that Brob isn't back with the Vikings.  I figured for sure it was a math trick to get players they wanted to the practice squad and that after a game or two he'd be back.  I can only assume that even if we had zero DEs that he still wouldn't be called up. 
Well let's hold our horses a bit here. We don't even know if Hunter is hurt or not. He was on the sideline and not being tended to so it's probably not yet time to call in our Brians and Jareds and Erasmuses and Kenechis...
This can be seen as true but theres another certain DE that probably should have been IR'ed leaving a DE spot open.
You mean Everson? They obviously expect him back. 
Do they expect him back or hope he comes back? It's hard to know for sure. 

If Cook aggravated his hammy AGAIN, they just need to shut him down thru the bye week.  Get him healthy and ready for the 2nd half the season.  This shouldn't be taking this long...  He hurt it Week 2...

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
It is unbelievable to me that Brob isn't back with the Vikings.  I figured for sure it was a math trick to get players they wanted to the practice squad and that after a game or two he'd be back.  I can only assume that even if we had zero DEs that he still wouldn't be called up. 
Well let's hold our horses a bit here. We don't even know if Hunter is hurt or not. He was on the sideline and not being tended to so it's probably not yet time to call in our Brians and Jareds and Erasmuses and Kenechis...
This can be seen as true but theres another certain DE that probably should have been IR'ed leaving a DE spot open.
You mean Everson? They obviously expect him back. 
Do they expect him back or hope he comes back? It's hard to know for sure. 
I'm not sure there's a difference. Griffen will be a valuable player to have down the stretch. But that's also a valuable roster spot to hold open too long.

So until Everson actually goes on IR you have to think they hope and expect him to come back at some point this season.

Honestly, I doubt they have enough information at this point to make that decision. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
If Cook aggravated his hammy AGAIN, they just need to shut him down thru the bye week.  Get him healthy and ready for the 2nd half the season.  This shouldn't be taking this long...  He hurt it Week 2...
Couldn't agree more. I was thinking about this last week. There should be a rule--not an NFL rule, but an unwritten rule on the team--that if someone gets a soft tissue injury (quad, calf, hammy), you shut him down for at least 2 games. I think the case with both Fournette and Cook is that they tried to come back too early.