Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what more Kirk Cousins is supposed to do....
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
Perhaps hold onto the ball instead of putting it on the ground?  Perhaps move around in the pocket?  

I know you guys are thrilled to have a QB that produces stats...  I like Ws more than numbers. Cousins has put the ball on the turf and cost us more games than he’s won for us in this young season.  He has to make better ball control choices to avoid critical turnovers.  Only two INTs but add three lost fumbles(two inside our 25 last game) and that’s 5 turnovers in 4 games.

Sure our D is sucking too... but the D wasn’t mentioned in the title of the thread.  
I don't get this response at all, but I've learned a long time ago that fans get stuck on weird stuff. No run game. The offensive line is inconsistent and subpar. Missed FGs lost one game. The defense is $%^&ing horrible. Yet some want to bag on Cousins. Its ridiculous.  :#

I did see alot of the pocket being moved last night. You're right this responce seems to have more Kirk dislike then respect for the fact he kept us in a game the defense put us in no position to win. Hold on to the ball? How about stop letting guys come up behind him and strip it out. This is what I expect to hear from Joe Buck...and did. Let's not he that guy...
not every sack or strip is on the OL,  the QB needs to be a moving target to help the OL,  if he gets to the top of his drop and nothing is there he needs to step up into the pocket to extend the play and he cant leave the ball hanging out when the heat is on.  this isnt meant to bag on him,  but he could make a few small improvements to help his own cause and the OL.
Sure he could.  That was a deal breaker in the game. Still find it hard to fault him too much. Wouldn't like to think what it would have looked like without him last night. He and the offense were accountable for the most part after a terrible embarrassment at home. Defense has yet to make amends.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
Perhaps hold onto the ball instead of putting it on the ground?  Perhaps move around in the pocket?  

I know you guys are thrilled to have a QB that produces stats...  I like Ws more than numbers. Cousins has put the ball on the turf and cost us more games than he’s won for us in this young season.  He has to make better ball control choices to avoid critical turnovers.  Only two INTs but add three lost fumbles(two inside our 25 last game) and that’s 5 turnovers in 4 games.

Sure our D is sucking too... but the D wasn’t mentioned in the title of the thread.  
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL
REALLY????  You watched last nights game and came away with Cousins isn't doing enough?  Did you see the passes?  How about the swiss cheese line?   Donald got through so early he literally threw Cousins to the ground.  On a different play he got nearly sacked on a hand off.  Maybe the lack of running game?
The only reason this wasn't a blowout of epic proportions ala the NFCCG was because of Cousins.  He is certainly our best player on O and maybe even better then Harry for best on the team right now. 

again... look at the title of the  thread.   there are plenty of threads to discuss the failures of every other player or aspect of the team.  Zerks assessment is IMO pretty spot on,  while KC is playing at a very high level,  ( which for 28 million a year he should)  but there are areas of improvement in his game that could make him better.  Its not like he is the model of perfection.  Zerk is not bagging on KC, he is simply pointing out some areas of concern... I have seen them as well and have mentioned them in other threads.

Honestly you need to place some of the blame on Cousins.  Turnovers are the most important stat in football, and his turnovers put us in a hole a Buffalo we could not recover from, and ended our chances at winning last night.  That's not to say he isn't playing some great ball, but there is sure room for improvement.  It's like Peterson with his fumbling woes -- great player, often put the team on his back; too often put the ball on the ground to kill us.  Just as it takes something away from the 60 yard run down to the 10 yard line when you cough up the ball on the next carry, it takes away from some of Kirk's brilliance in bringing the team down the field when he fumbles our last chance to tie or win the game away with poor pocket presence.  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL
REALLY????  You watched last nights game and came away with Cousins isn't doing enough?  Did you see the passes?  How about the swiss cheese line?   Donald got through so early he literally threw Cousins to the ground.  On a different play he got nearly sacked on a hand off.  Maybe the lack of running game?
The only reason this wasn't a blowout of epic proportions ala the NFCCG was because of Cousins.  He is certainly our best player on O and maybe even better then Harry for best on the team right now. 

again... look at the title of the  thread.   there are plenty of threads to discuss the failures of every other player or aspect of the team.  Zerks assessment is IMO pretty spot on,  while KC is playing at a very high level,  ( which for 28 million a year he should)  but there are areas of improvement in his game that could make him better.  Its not like he is the model of perfection.  Zerk is not bagging on KC, he is simply pointing out some areas of concern... I have seen them as well and have mentioned them in other threads.
Kirk was damn near perfect last night.  36/50 for 422, 3TDs 0INTs and 1 fumble.  72% completion rate.  At most you can fault him for pocket presences.  Thats it. 

#5 in yards/game#9 in completion percentage#4 in TDs#14 in INTs#10 in QB ratingWay to many sacks.  2nd worst.  But is that him or our OL?

What exactly else is he supposed to do?  He has carried this team on his shoulders this entire season so far. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL

Kirk was damn near perfect last night.  36/50 for 422, 3TDs 0INTs and 1 fumble.  72% completion rate.  At most you can fault him for pocket presences.  Thats it. 

#5 in yards/game#9 in completion percentage#4 in TDs#14 in INTs#10 in QB ratingWay to many sacks.  2nd worst.  But is that him or our OL?

What exactly else is he supposed to do?  He has carried this team on his shoulders this entire season so far. 
yep pocket presence and at times making throws that he shouldnt  to protect his recievers.  nobody is saying he isnt playing great, but he does have areas that could be improved.  

Better protection just MIGHT improve Kirk's fumbling issue...but of course that horse has been beaten 5.234 million times with a wet noodle.
Let's all fondly look back at Culpepper's fumbling issue. Could Kirk just have a case of "little hands???"

Through the first four games, the 2018 Vikings offense has scored 4 more points (83 without the defensive TD) than the 2017 Vikings (79 with the two lowest Viking scores of the year).

The Washington Redskins are currently tied with Jacksonville for the least point per game given up on defense (14.7) and their offense is also 4th in rushing at 137.7 yards per game.

Maybe QB play and style influences both offense and defense.  Maybe QB tendencies influence the running game.  Maybe 3-and-outs and turnovers that place the other team in FG range impact the defense.  Or maybe QB stats are all that matter even if a big chunk of them come in a blowout loss.

We finally upgrade the QB position, only to watch the #1 defense plummet to IMHO the bottom of the barrel, despite returning all 11 starters and adding some new pieces in Richardson & Hughes.

WTF?

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
Look... the title of the thread is “what more can Cousins do?”   So if you’re happy that he put the ball on the ground inside our 25 twice vs Buffalo and then again last night while trying to drive the team to a tie, I don’t have a problem with that.  I didn’t realize it was a fluff Cousins thread, I thought it was a discussion thread...  My mistake.  Carry on.  
A work buddy texted me after the game.  He's a huge Skins fan, and he said get used to that with Cousins.  He'll rack up huge numbers, but he doesn't move well in the pocket and gets hit from behind quite a bit because he won't step up.  He's not known for having great "pocket awareness".  Aikman even mentioned that after the fumble.

I do think Kirk is playing well, and made some awesome throws, but there's a reason he's not equated to being a Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or the next Favre.  He's good, but has flaws and isn't going to carry this team on his back.  As well as Cousins played, I thought Goff looked even better.
Great point.  He played well, but the fumble here and the one in the Bills game were partly his fault.  Reiff attempted to push the guy past and Cousins had room to step up.  A slight move in the pocket would have kept him clean. 

That said, he played well IMO.  That TD to Thielen was beautiful. 

Maybe he could take over calling the defense from Zimmer.  Could he do any worse?