Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everson Griffen full police report summary
Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
This sounds an awful lot like Junior Seau before his suicide.
I hate admitting it but I  thought the same kind of thing. I thought about that KC player who killed his girlfriend then drove to the stadium to kill himself. I know it awful to think that but it crossed my mind how close this could have come if Griffin had a gun. His wife told police he didn't keep any guns in the house. Doesn't mean he didn't or couldn't get one she wouldn't know about.  Thank God it never went down that road. I hope and pray that he gets the help he needs. Not only for himself but also for his wife and those 3 young ones. 
Man what a day this turn into. Information overload and the news just kept getting worse and scarier.

Yup. Jovan Belcher.  Very sad... Sad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovan_Belcher

Let's also keep in mind that all of this could be a reaction from a medication.  I had a family member who was going through a very hard time and depression.  She sought medical help at the urging of my family.  About two weeks later, there was a HUGE personality change in her.  Paranoia, nervousness, panic attacks, seemingly would lose a sense of reality for short periods of time, even started physically cutting herself.  Come to find out that she had been hearing voices urging her to harm herself for a couple of weeks.  Because of fear, she didn't tell anyone.  Once we found out, we got her into the hospital as fast as we could and they started working on changing the medication.  10 days later, that demon in her head was gone.  This was the reaction from a common anti-depressant.  It just didn't work for her and her brain chemistry.  Maybe something like this happened to Griff?  Not CTE, not brain damage, not a psych break or personality disorder.  It could be a simple case of being on the wrong medication after trying to get help.  As a side note, my family member is now in perfect health with no lingering affects and is a happy person.    

Quote: @"AllBS" said:
Let's also keep in mind that all of this could be a reaction from a medication.  I had a family member who was going through a very hard time and depression.  She sought medical help at the urging of my family.  About two weeks later, there was a HUGE personality change in her.  Paranoia, nervousness, panic attacks, seemingly would lose a sense of reality for short periods of time, even started physically cutting herself.  Come to find out that she had been hearing voices urging her to harm herself for a couple of weeks.  Because of fear, she didn't tell anyone.  Once we found out, we got her into the hospital as fast as we could and they started working on changing the medication.  10 days later, that demon in her head was gone.  This was the reaction from a common anti-depressant.  It just didn't work for her and her brain chemistry.  Maybe something like this happened to Griff?  Not CTE, not brain damage, not a psych break or personality disorder.  It could be a simple case of being on the wrong medication after trying to get help.  As a side note, my family member is now in perfect health with no lingering affects and is a happy person.    
So true.  Psych meds are not always the right answer and may make the situation worse.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
I will say.. find the divorce aspect unsettling. The team was aware of him going through a divorce and believed his outbursts and behavior was related to going through it. It got bad enough to a point they were concerned enough to call the police to check on him and his family. His wife showed police text messages from him saying he wanted to leave her. ... then he ends up breaking in shirtless at Waynes house? With all of this stuff, I can't help but wonder if there was some kind of connection there or if maybe there was some heated stuff going on in the locker room? "God told him to..." ... glad Waynes and his fiance are ok...

Griffen brought up being kicked out and missing the 'donut club' and reiterated he isn't crazy. He tried to show up to practice after the fact. Perhaps a few teammates got vocal about his behavior, Waynes being on, and he went to his house? Speculating there...

Can't say I condone his actions at home (which are vauge at this point), the hotel (threatening to shoot an employee, doesn't own a gun) or the actions the team has been dealing with (outbursts)... but I hope he gets help and that this isn't a CTE issue but a correctable, irrational mindset - a "breakdown," dealing with divorce and his rejection of those reaching out to help... 
The divorce stuff is likely a result of the instability.  Living with a person would be much more revealing than working with them.  Griff tended to be excitable and chattering which would make masking the issues easy.  Plus he is paid to be energetic and violent. 

I just find it sad.  hopefully the family can heal once he gets help.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:
I will say.. find the divorce aspect unsettling. The team was aware of him going through a divorce and believed his outbursts and behavior was related to going through it. It got bad enough to a point they were concerned enough to call the police to check on him and his family. His wife showed police text messages from him saying he wanted to leave her. ... then he ends up breaking in shirtless at Waynes house? With all of this stuff, I can't help but wonder if there was some kind of connection there or if maybe there was some heated stuff going on in the locker room? "God told him to..." ... glad Waynes and his fiance are ok...

Griffen brought up being kicked out and missing the 'donut club' and reiterated he isn't crazy. He tried to show up to practice after the fact. Perhaps a few teammates got vocal about his behavior, Waynes being on, and he went to his house? Speculating there...

Can't say I condone his actions at home (which are vauge at this point), the hotel (threatening to shoot an employee, doesn't own a gun) or the actions the team has been dealing with (outbursts)... but I hope he gets help and that this isn't a CTE issue but a correctable, irrational mindset - a "breakdown," dealing with divorce and his rejection of those reaching out to help... 
The divorce stuff is likely a result of the instability.  Living with a person would be much more revealing than working with them.  Griff tended to be excitable and chattering which would make masking the issues easy.  Plus he is paid to be energetic and violent. 

I just find it sad.  hopefully the family can heal once he gets help.
Yeah I don't view the divorce thing as an abandonment as much as her playing they same card as the team. Get help or don't come back. What else can you do if your life is in turmoil. Sad situation. I believe they can overcome this. Very rarely do people who need help get it by their own choice. The choice is almost always forced. Often because of a legal issue or in this case an ultimatum which is what the team did and maybe the wife.  It was dang close to legal here that's for sure. 

This sounds like schizophrenia. Thankfully they got him to a place where he can be helped before anything worse happened.

This is just so hard to read.  I'm praying he can get the help he needs.  Totally agree...  This goes way beyond football.  I hope there is a happy ending to this at some point for Eveson and his family.

Zim says he’s a good kid, & then I remember the young man is just 30, a whole lot of life yet to live...