Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Everson Griffen involved in weekend incident at Minneapolis hotel
Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Mike Olson said:
The mental health portion of the story pre-dates this last weekend so it is unrelated. Secondly apparently the girl that called the cops at the hotel ghosted when the cops got there. She vanished so I am starting to think this is like the people calling the cops on people BBQ-ing while black or resting while black in their dorm lounge. 
maybe we should wait until the facts are all out before we speculate that racism is part of the issue?  There are a lot of leaps on this story already without really going off the rails bro.  From what I heard was it was a hotel staff person that called the cops but they refuse to cooperate after the issue diffused itself.  could be a lot of reasons why they didnt want to push the story that dont involve racial bias.
Oh NOW we should pump the brakes! LOL! I am kidding.

Sorry Jimmy I will make that call right now. It happens frequently here in the land of MN Nice. I am not saying that IS it I am just saying I could see it happening. Especially at the Ivy. I know people that lived there. 
Its fine,  its your personal thought on a message board.

But I am so pissed about how this is being handled.  I know the team and the cops are legally limited with what they can say to the media and the public,  but in this day and age there is no reason why the Vikings and law enforcement cant be pro active and be shooting down this bull shit as soon as it tries to take flight.  there was a better way to handle this that wouldnt have led to as big of a mis-story.  and we as Vikings fans should know better than to jump on every scrap that hits the twitter machine or what ever crap these "news" creators choose to use.

its bad enough that a good guy and his family is going through what they are with his mental condition,  but the rest of the circus is completely unnecessary and people should be ashamed of themselves for feeding into it without doing their background work.

The sports News-tainment is a fucking clown show and has been for some time. All news-tainment is ridiculous but in the sports world it's even worse. 

Edit to add it's no wonder that teams are super stand offish about giving creds to a site like us because you have a bazillion jack wagons that just want to make a name for themselves. It really is a testament to how fair, positive, and tenacious Tom has been in getting us the access that he has. 

The sports News-tainment is a fucking clown show and has been for some time. All news-tainment is ridiculous but in the sports world it's even worse. 
Yep, its a bunch of trolling, click bait garbage appealing to the lowest common denominator. 

sadly its the world we live in,  the same mechanism that gives Tom the platform for his information filled  shares also gives broadcast to the fucking pathetic attention seeking morons that try to make a name through mis-information, dis-information,  or flat out fucking lies and half truths.

This unfortunately is today's world.  There is no such thing as privacy.  My wife is bipolar and I can't imagine some of what we have dealt with being bounced around in public.  Wishing Everson and his family the best and hopefully this ends up being dealt with in the most civil way possible.

anyone find this news as extremely depressing?  outside of the football piece of it, i hate to see this happen to a guy who has turned his life around.  it’s amazing how much i loathe the NFL and their, politics, and hypocriscy.  Bigger, faster, stronger, brains are now mush.  I got a greats, let’s make MORE MONEY and have thursday night football.  I was really hoping last year’s team, winning in our own stadium with people like Zim, AT19, etc, would have been a perfect ending for my love affair with football.

but no, a fucking bum QB for an even worse city and fanbase wins it all, and we are back to square one.  When you add all of this up it’s hard to watch and this Everson thing might be the icing on the cake

Quote: @eckman said:
sounds like he went off the deep end. Breaking into teamates house after the hotel thing. His season and most likely career is done, sounds like that is the least of his problems at this point.
that was a false report from what I read.

If there was no gun involved and he was just pacing around it is rather a simple incident. Sounds like he was locked out of his room at that point. 

There may be more too it than that, and if a 270# athlete is angry and threatening, it is reason to be very concerned, but if nothing actually happened, then it may be a bit overblown.

Quote: @greediron said:
@eckman said:
sounds like he went off the deep end. Breaking into teamates house after the hotel thing. His season and most likely career is done, sounds like that is the least of his problems at this point.

If there was no gun involved and he was just pacing around it is rather a simple incident. Sounds like he was locked out of his room at that point. 

There may be more too it than that, and if a 270# athlete is angry and threatening, it is reason to be very concerned, but if nothing actually happened, then it may be a bit overblown.
KFan reported this morning that he wasnt even a guest there,  he was at the wrong hotel.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@eckman said:

KFan reported this morning that he wasnt even a guest there,  he was at the wrong hotel.
oh.  As to the racial garbage, I don't care what color the skin, if a large physical presence of an athlete is angry and storming around my hotel at midnight, I would probably call the cops as well.  It isn't racism to recognize a large strong angry person as a threat to a night manager that was likely alone.