Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Viking sign DT Tom Johnson, he's back
I hope that don't cut Parry...a second pure nose tackle is nice to have

Quote: @prairieghost said:
I like Tom, but I would rather have had BRob back.
AMEN

Not enthused about this. So we have 6 DTs? I think they should be getting Jaleel Johnson and Jalyn Holmes involved - I guess neither has been impressing Patterson.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
I like Tom, but I would rather have had BRob back.
Agreed 100%. That first home game without him was bittersweet. 

Cut something else then Parry.

Quote: @Mighty mouse said:
Cut something else then Parry.
They did.  Coley.

I dont post here much, but I am wondering what is wrong with you guys that dont like Tom Johnson?  Look at last years NFC Divisional game vs the Saints.  Look at the game against the Eagles.  You can NEVER have enough on the DLINE.  We now have 4 legitimate backups that can stepup and replace our starting 4 when they get tired.  Tom Johnson started on our defense last year, and you guys dont like the fact that he is now a reserve?  He is going to be fresh playing 15-20 snaps a game at 100%, instead of 40+ a game and getting gassed.  This is a great move

Quote: @snakethejake83 said:
I dont post here much, but I am wondering what is wrong with you guys that dont like Tom Johnson?  Look at last years NFC Divisional game vs the Saints.  Look at the game against the Eagles.  You can NEVER have enough on the DLINE.  We now have 4 legitimate backups that can stepup and replace our starting 4 when they get tired.  Tom Johnson started on our defense last year, and you guys dont like the fact that he is now a reserve?  He is going to be fresh playing 15-20 snaps a game at 100%, instead of 40+ a game and getting gassed.  This is a great move

Never read a single person in this thread that said they didn't like Tom Johnson. Some said they wish Robison would have been brought back (me and a few others), and some said there are young guys on the roster who need to get on the field...nothing about disliking TJ.

Quote: @snakethejake83 said:
I think it is perfect for him.  He was very good as a reserve, just not as a 16 game starter.

I do think the signing sez something about the young backups at 3tech.  We haven't seen JJohnson much.  Parry played on Sunday, but don't recall seeing Holmes either.

I think Holmes was inactive.