Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long have you been a Vikings fan?
Started following in 67, long time! Smile

Circa 1965

1968....this is my 50th anniversary of fandom/self-abuse. I was still in the Bronx back then, but the Vikes were on national TV a lot and they were frequently highlighted on "This Is The NFL" (loved that show!). Was able to go to the public library and read the Minnesota Monday papers (can't recall if it was the PP or ST, probably the ST) during the week...not every week but frequently. 

Man, it used to be a CHORE to be an out of town fan!

Since the doctor slapped me on the ass to get me to take my first breath!

Am I the youngest person on the board? My dad and I went to his buddy's house in 1980 to watch the Vikings lose to Jaws and the Eagles. They had to explain the rules to me as I only watched and played baseball. I was 9 years old and instantly hooked.

Since 1973.  Moved out of State in 1978, and followed team as best I could through print media and Viking Report.  (It's a whole lot easier to have access nowadays.)
I came from a rural MN town of 157 people.  Football was considered 'not high-minded' in our home, and was discouraged, however these protests died down after some decades.  I'm as passionate about My Vikes as I was when I was Ten.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Am I the youngest person on the board? 
Yeah, that's why you can still eat cheetos and burgers and wings... :-)

mid to late 60’s, now get off my lawn!  Wink B)  

1998. Kid me saw a dude flying down the sidelines catching bombs and it was the most electric thing I'd ever seen in sports. Maybe still is. Skol!

I started watching with my dad when I was 6 (1975).  I didn't really know what I was watching but I liked the purple uniform and horn on the helmets. My first great fan memory is the Miracle at the Met. That play left me as dumbfounded and awed at age 11 as I was back in January of this year for the Minneapolis Miracle.
I do casually watch the Cardinals and Cowboys (the latter is not by choice). Larry Fitzgerald is a favorite of mine. What a great player and person.