Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strzok by the truth
Quote: @Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Obama, Bush 2, Clinton and Bush 1 may not have "stood up" to the Russians to your satisfaction, but none of them would've done this. None of them systematically alienated each of our allies, all the while praising and honoring ruthless dictators like Putin and Kim Jong Un. Given your clear admiration for strength in dealing with the Russians, I'm surprised you're not more alarmed by what's happening. I think Reagan would be horrified, don't you?

I think it's pretty clear that Vladdy is using Donny's narcissism against him to get what he wants. Obviously, it's why they wanted him elected in the first place. He's a useful idiot. Up until now it's been more embarrassing than alarming. But at what point does the party of Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan find their balls and say this is getting serious, dangerous? That enough is enough? 
Don't know how one can defend any of those either.  Especially Obama.  He was horribly weak, but yes, this comment by Trump is more recent and will get more press coverage.
again--the bullshit equivilency.  Obama imposed sanctions.  spoke to Putin personally regarding the meddling with our elections. we now have hard evidence that Russian military officers were directly involved in this.  Trump has been shown the proof.  i believe NO OTHER PRESIDENT including both Bushes, Obama, or Bill Clinton would have behaved the way Trump did today.  This is not"his comment is more recent and will get more press coverage." This is way beyond that.  You are unable to clearly state that what was said was shocking, disgraceful and seriously compromised this country? when is someone going to stop being an apologist and grow a pair?
And when is someone going to learn how to have rational discussions with someone they disagree with?

I am no apologist.  I have spoken against Trump from the beginning.  As to Obama?  He drew lines in the sand and then backed up and drew another line.  Then backed up again.  Obama was about the worst president at foreign policy.  Bowing, cowering, giving in to radical islam dictators.

But back to Trump, as I said, being a photo op for North Korea was a huge blunder IMO.  And cuddling with Putin is no better.  But the biggest trouble with him is that he doesn't think before he talks.  I don't really believe much he sez and I don't know that he does either.

"Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!," tweeted Trump.

This says a lot in my opinion. I think Trump is a result of our own petty divisiveness. Unless it supports our world view, it's fake news, it's a witch hunt. It's bad enough that WE behave like that. But when our PRESIDENT does, that's whole different thing entirely. But that's who we elected. 60 million people voted for Donald Trump precisely BECAUSE he played that game. He was one of them and they loved him for it. Racism and misogyny dressed up as "heroically battling political correctness." Utter incompetence glamorized as the "fresh voice of an outsider." Jesus, what a total fuck up. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Obama, Bush 2, Clinton and Bush 1 may not have "stood up" to the Russians to your satisfaction, but none of them would've done this. None of them systematically alienated each of our allies, all the while praising and honoring ruthless dictators like Putin and Kim Jong Un. Given your clear admiration for strength in dealing with the Russians, I'm surprised you're not more alarmed by what's happening. I think Reagan would be horrified, don't you?

I think it's pretty clear that Vladdy is using Donny's narcissism against him to get what he wants. Obviously, it's why they wanted him elected in the first place. He's a useful idiot. Up until now it's been more embarrassing than alarming. But at what point does the party of Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan find their balls and say this is getting serious, dangerous? That enough is enough? 
Don't know how one can defend any of those either.  Especially Obama.  He was horribly weak, but yes, this comment by Trump is more recent and will get more press coverage.
again--the bullshit equivilency.  Obama imposed sanctions.  spoke to Putin personally regarding the meddling with our elections. we now have hard evidence that Russian military officers were directly involved in this.  Trump has been shown the proof.  i believe NO OTHER PRESIDENT including both Bushes, Obama, or Bill Clinton would have behaved the way Trump did today.  This is not"his comment is more recent and will get more press coverage." This is way beyond that.  You are unable to clearly state that what was said was shocking, disgraceful and seriously compromised this country? when is someone going to stop being an apologist and grow a pair?
And when is someone going to learn how to have rational discussions with someone they disagree with?

I am no apologist.  I have spoken against Trump from the beginning.  As to Obama?  He drew lines in the sand and then backed up and drew another line.  Then backed up again.  Obama was about the worst president at foreign policy.  Bowing, cowering, giving in to radical islam dictators.

But back to Trump, as I said, being a photo op for North Korea was a huge blunder IMO.  And cuddling with Putin is no better.  But the biggest trouble with him is that he doesn't think before he talks.  I don't really believe much he sez and I don't know that he does either.
its WAY worse than that.  And man, the pot calling the kettle black!  But saying he “blundered” or he “ doesnt think before he talks,” is so weak.  He didnt blunder he knew exactly what he was doing and saying.  You think he wasnt aware he would be asked about Russian interference? I no longer care what you think about the Vikings or anything else.  Blocked.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

But at what point does the party of Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan find their balls and say this is getting serious, dangerous? That enough is enough? 
This is getting serious, dangerous?  Now... all of a sudden?    Shirley you can't be serious.  Smile

**Sigh**  Just a month before the 2016 election, the Bamster assured us the Russkies couldn't affect our elections... if they tried.
NOW.... it's the world's biggest crisis.  LOL.   
But of course Obama said that when Nate Silver had Hillary at a 95% win.  

"There is no serious person out there that would suggest you could even rig America's elections...."

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

we now have hard evidence that Russian military officers were directly involved in this.  
IMPOSSIBLE.  Obama said so.  (See above clip  Smile

I no longer care what you think about the Vikings or anything else.  Blocked.
Wow.  

Hey Einstein, voter fraud, which is what Obama was referring to, almost never happens, and is completely different than influencing elections through a systematic campaign run by the Russians on social media to convince 60 million idiots to vote for a fucking buffoon. 

Hey Einstein, voter fraud, which is what Obama was referring to, almost never happens, and is completely different than influencing elections through a systematic campaign run by the Russians on social media to convince 60 million idiots to vote for a fucking buffoon. 
Aha.  You're indeed right.  He (Obama) missed the Russkie threat, altogether.  
(Betraying your position all things "Russian" should have been known, yrs ago)

Well... what a wasted opportunity by Obama.  

A month before the 2016 prexy election... how prescient he would have been had he ID'd the Russkies. 

So, of course, you'll counter- post a you-tube vid where Obama forecast the pending Russian influence to launch Trump.  

Go!  >>

Racism and misogyny dressed up as "heroically battling political correctness." 
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/989179757651574784

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/...4490081281

"Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!," tweeted Trump.

This says a lot in my opinion. I think Trump is a result of our own petty divisiveness. Unless it supports our world view, it's fake news, it's a witch hunt. It's bad enough that WE behave like that. But when our PRESIDENT does, that's whole different thing entirely. But that's who we elected. 60 million people voted for Donald Trump precisely BECAUSE he played that game. He was one of them and they loved him for it. Racism and misogyny dressed up as "heroically battling political correctness." Utter incompetence glamorized as the "fresh voice of an outsider." Jesus, what a total fuck up. 
Yup, the Trump voters I speak to are delighted. The ones that defend him continue to reference the past of Obama and Clinton as rationale for now. 

But its more of the rhetoric that delights than actual policy for most (not all).

That said, my own "eye of Sauron" is now pointed at team blue. If they dont evolve or minimally find a candidate that galvanizes the middle class? Our blustering, orange baby of a president will get 4 more years. 

Meh, we survived almost 2 terms of Nixon...