Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your favorite Vikings Season?
Last year is certainly up there for sure.  I think it was the most locked in I have been and believing it was finally our year.  09 always had an ugly green shadow hang around, waiting for an opportune time to dagger us.  98 was a fun ride for sure but it had some tell tale signs it wasn't meant to be.  Cunningham just didn't have that QB1 look.  Wether it was reading defenses or the killer instinct, I just recall feeling uneasy. 

Quote: @greediron said:
Last year is certainly up there for sure.  I think it was the most locked in I have been and believing it was finally our year.  09 always had an ugly green shadow hang around, waiting for an opportune time to dagger us.  98 was a fun ride for sure but it had some tell tale signs it wasn't meant to be.  Cunningham just didn't have that QB1 look.  Wether it was reading defenses or the killer instinct, I just recall feeling uneasy. 
I felt that way a little bit last year...Could this finally be the year the football gods smile upon us? Hell, the SB was in our own stadium...The MN miracle fueled that a little bit. 

But I always get uneAsy going on the road for a CG and sure enough...Damn near repeat of 41/donut. 

Well, a new chapter of Viking football is here with KC at the helm. I can't wait. Damn team always sucks me in. 

Despite how it ended, 75 is a favorite of mine solely based on Chuck Foreman's performance...87 is also a favorite as it shut up a couple packed fans In the office...98 was also a great year as Moss repeatedly shut up packed fans In the office and my fantasy league...that week 4 performance was particularly sweet as it shut down one guy who was particularly chatty up until the game and then had nothing to say the next week...which was also the same week I mastered the shit eating grin.. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Despite how it ended, 75 is a favorite of mine solely based on Chuck Foreman's performance...87 is also a favorite as it shut up a couple packed fans In the office...98 was also a great year as Moss repeatedly shut up packed fans In the office and my fantasy league...that week 4 performance was particularly sweet as it shut down one guy who was particularly chatty up until the game and then had nothing to say the next week...which was also the same week I mastered the shit eating grin.. 
Even the Pack fans I was working with back in 98 didnt give me s hit after the CG...The greatest indignation of all - pity. 

I almost put a packer fan through a wall after 98...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:
I felt that way a little bit last year...Could this finally be the year the football gods smile upon us? Hell, the SB was in our own stadium...The MN miracle fueled that a little bit. 

But I always get uneAsy going on the road for a CG and sure enough...Damn near repeat of 41/donut. 

Well, a new chapter of Viking football is here with KC at the helm. I can't wait. Damn team always sucks me in. 

Yes, I was not excited about having to go to Philly.  I was actually cheering for Atlanta.  Cheered for Seattle to beat Philly earlier in the year as well.  Takes a lot for me to root for the Seahawks.

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:

Yes, I was not excited about having to go to Philly.  I was actually cheering for Atlanta.  Cheered for Seattle to beat Philly earlier in the year as well.  Takes a lot for me to root for the Seahawks.
all year last year I was uneasy about Philly..have to admit I didnt see foles beating us,  but I still was uneasy about that game considering how the aints game ended.

itd have to be 98. 09 was damn fun to but that was all on favre and his magic. 

When I was
in junior high, I was a fan of the NY Giants. 
I enjoyed watching TE Mark Bavaro, Lawrence Taylor, and the rest of the Giants
defense whenever I could watch them.  I
grew up in North Dakota so I didn’t catch many games. 

During the 1987
playoffs, I happened to watch the Vikings vs the Saints game, and from then on
I became a Viking fan.  That post season,
along with 1998 and 2010 are my favorites.  The 1998 season was unbelievable.  Entering that season, I was feeling really
good about having a healthy Brad Johnson at the helm.  Randall Cunningham was returning back as a
legitimate backup QB, and he was part of a team that somehow pulled off a miraculous
playoff victory in the Meadowlands. 

From an
article, The 5 Most Devastating Playoff Losses in New York Giants History:

” The
game against the 9-7 Vikings was supposed to be a formality. Minnesota over the
years had become a dome team and had not fared well outdoors. At game time, the
temperature was in the mid-40’s and it began to drizzle. The Giants jumped out
to a 16-0 lead and led 19-3 by the half. The game was essentially over. The
Vikings were done.

With less
than two minutes to go, the game seemed out of reach. Then Cunningham did what
he had always done to the Giants as a member of the Eagles—he flummoxed them.

The Vikings
took advantage of the quarreling Giants and scored another quick TD, when
Cunningham hit Jake Reed with a 30-yard scoring pass.  With the conversion, the score was now 22-20.
The Vikings had only one option left—an onside kick.

Minnesota
kicker Eddie Murray kicked the ball right at a sure handed Giant—WR Chris
Calloway—who couldn’t handle it. The Vikings recovered. Cunningham went right
to work. He hit Cris Carter for 21 yards. Then Sparks would get called for pass
interference, moving the Vikings into Murray’s range with 10 seconds to go.

Murray
easily converted the 24-yarder putting the Giants out their misery and sending
77,000 fans home wondering what the hell just happened.  Not since “The Fumble” had the Meadowlands
crowd experienced such a deflating loss.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1790...ts-history

After the draft in 1998, I
had no idea who Randy Moss was.  I read an article during a joint
practice with the Saints, during the preseason, that the Saints could not handle
him.  That was when I first started getting curious about him.

I really enjoyed the Dallas and Green Bay match ups that year.  Both games seemed unreal.  The Green Bay match up in Lambeau came against
the then, “two-time defending NFC
champs who had won 25 straight games at Lambeau
.” and was just unbelievable. http://www.shawanoleader.com/content/gre...thleticism
In 2010,
Brett Favre, joined the Vikings.  AD was
the best RB in the game and the old gun slinger that had tormented the Vikings
for so many years was joining the team, plus, he seemed to be a little upset
with an old team.  Two things I would
change that season, for Chili to let Favre audible more and call plays that
were more unpredictable, and for the team to get in the Saints face more during
the playoffs when the Saints were obviously playing dirty.

The 70's started my love affair and I couldn't begin to pick one. The 69 and the 1975 teams were tremendous. 98 was a year that was as beautiful as it was painful.  But the 2009 team with Brett was a blast...living here in Cheezeville made it exceptionally sweet!