Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter Extended
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
This was a brilliant signing...he easily could have made far more in the market...with two players left to go we really only need to sign one and if we want to, tag the other...
Most keep saying, 2 more left,  I think they will hold off for now and see how Sheldon Richardson pans out. He could be the most important out of the 3 if he is a stud this year. 

Quote: @BrickVike said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
This was a brilliant signing...he easily could have made far more in the market...with two players left to go we really only need to sign one and if we want to, tag the other...
Most keep saying, 2 more left,  I think they will hold off for now and see how Sheldon Richardson pans out. He could be the most important out of the 3 if he is a stud this year. 
They will burn that bridge when they come to it.  Smile  Rich needs to perform before he gets a long term.  And even then, I wouldn't go crazy. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
72 million over 5 years
40 million guaranteed
15 million signing bonus

thats all we know for now.
Wow - much higher than I expected.  Hope he earns it. 
What were you expecting exactly? Its a top 10 DE contract and certainly could have been higher. No DE that has entered the league since 2015 has more sacks than Hunter.
Just suprised he already is valued that high.  I like him, but I don't think he's considered one of the best DEs in the league.  In three seasons he's had one with double digit sacks (12.5).  He was down to 7 last season, and seemed to disappear after Griff hurt his foot.  That's why I said I hope he earns it.  I don't think last season was his best season so far in his young career.
there was some bspn or similar article a year or so ago that asked who youd draft to start your franchise with and he was listed as the top D pick based on production and factoring in age. 

Hopefully Richardson takes advantage of the situation he's been presented with and Brez has another challenge...

Hopefully Richardson takes advantage of the situation he's been presented with and Brez has another challenge...
Amen...

A good 3t can take this defense even more over the top than it was. 

Great news.  To put in perspective how good he's been,  when last season ended, Hunter was 23 years and 3 months old.  Compared to Griffen and Robison at that age...

Player, seasons, sacks
Hunter 3   25.5
Griffen   1     0
Robison  0     0  (turned 24 before rookie season)

Can't wait until Hunter actually knows what he's doing B)

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Amen...

#1 D with mediocre play out of the 3t last year...if we get consistent pressure from inside...whoa...

Damien Woody was on ESPN saying Hunter has the skill to be the best DE in the Lesgue.

@purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Amen...

#1 D with mediocre play out of the 3t last year...if we get consistent pressure from inside...whoa...
And I question whether it was even mediocre. Pretty sure Hunter, Griff and Joseph made Tom Johnson look better than he really was. Now they'll have a 3T that is every bit as good as they are. The potential synergies on this team are mind blowing.