Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So tell me about your NFL Sundays?
I found a good free sports streaming site last season. Can't remember the site name.  It's bookmarked on my tablet and lapper. It pretty good quality. I only use it for football. It has all sports unless pay per view. It is delayed sometimes as much as :30 second. Which kinda sucks if you are on a game thread or chat like i said. I'm not home now. I get the link later for you. It's not as good as you expect from DTV but is free. Sometimes you have to try a couple feeds to find the good one. I watch all my documentary stuff on YouTube. I only have the most basic of basic cable. High speed internet. I'm not tech savvy enough to cut the cord totally. People would have to help me do this. I barely watch my tv anymore. I would do It if not for my wife.
No recording for playback that I understand. I know it wouldn't work for everyone. 

I record the RedZone then head to Lawrence, KS to rendezvous with my dad at a sports bar with awesome NY-style pizza. Unless it's televised. Then I record and start watching half way through after spending the first half watching RedZone so I can ff through commercials.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
I record the RedZone then head to Lawrence, KS to rendezvous with my dad at a sports bar with awesome NY-style pizza. Unless it's televised. Then I record and start watching half way through after spending the first half watching RedZone so I can ff through commercials.
Where in Lawrence? My son went to KU from 2012-2016 and we lived in Overland Park before we moved to Florida. Didn't you say you were a recruiter? Tech?

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I watch every and all games....EXCEPT THE VIKINGS. (Them I record)But I watch the scores.

If we jump out to a big lead, I'll tune in.....If we are tight or losing, I won't.
If we win, I turn off whatever game I'm watching immediately and watch the recorded game.If we lose I delete the game. (Won't watch)

I've seen so many ways we've lost important games, I just can't take any more.I'm 52 and overweight...when I try to watch the Vikings my BP shoots to about 450/325

For example: The "minneapolis miracle"  Our TV was off...My wife was telling me the score updates.
When Saints went ahead with no time, I started doing something else...then she said "Wait.....Something happened""The Vikings scored...with no time left"  I rushed to find the remote, fumbling around for the channel.....got it in time for the replay and went apeshit.
The NFCC?   I haven't watched it

Whatever works for you I guess. But this seems oddly strange to me. It seems like one of the fundamental aspects of being a fan is watching the game (win or lose). I could understand turning off a game that was a blowing out the Vikes but to have it as a default seems strange. It's not like you don't keep track of the scores too which seems still stressful. And you didn't get to witness the greatest Vikings play live.

Believe me I've seen the good the bad and the ugly.

i think the worst day of my life was the Hail Mary only to find out Tarkentons father had died.  Horrible seasons, the drop at the goal line in Washington, '98, NYG, Arizona, '01...

I love this team, I just don't trust them. Why? History.

people may not understand, I get that....but my whole life I've been passionate about this hot little number called the Vikings....She teases me then leaves me...every year

i think the worst day of my life was the Hail Mary only to find out Tarkentons father had died.  Horrible seasons, the drop at the goal line in Washington, '98, NYG, Arizona, '01...

people may not understand, I get that....but my whole life I've been passionate about this hot little number called the Vikings....She teases me then leaves me...every year
But you still chase her....don't you want to be there when those proverbial sheets get wrinkled? 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:

But you still chase her....don't you want to be there when those proverbial sheets get wrinkled? 
Oh believe me....I'm there with her.....

I follow the action at a distance, and I DO watch and celebrate....its just always a few minutes behind the live action.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Oh believe me....I'm there with her.....

I follow the action at a distance, and I DO watch and celebrate....its just always a few minutes behind the live action.
youll be the last man standing once they do win one,  you will have to celebrate alone,  those of us that watch live or close to live will all have died from heart failure before you even get caught up.   :p

Everything would change for me with ONE Superbowl win.
I can stop holding my breathe, watch with an ease that I've NEVER seemed to have with this team, because I can always reflect on that one "magical" season they put it all together.
It's weird I know, but the MOST stressful thing in my life seems to have always been the Vikings.

The Vikings players, coaches, Rick, the Wilfs...they all need to read this thread. Do they have ANY idea what they put us through????? Wink
Seriously though, I can be in ANY state in this country and if I happen to be wearing anything Vikings I will always get 1 of 2 reactions:
1. First, the "poor girl she's in perpetual hell" look, that one where they get sad eyes and say something along the lines of "Ohhhh you're a Vikings fan..."
2. Second, and MUCH more common, I get the "Are you truly a Vikings fan or is everything else in your closet in the laundry?" or "HA! Vikings?! Good luck with that!!"....OR my PERSONAL favorite: "Vikings fan, huh?? Are you stooopid?? (99.999% of the time said by a Packers fan).
Sorry, went off the rails here a bit with this post...but back to the original question.
My Sundays up until this year were about getting logged into Yahoo an hour (or sometimes 7 minutes) before the games started at noon and making tweaks to my FF lineup. This was always nerve wracking and usually happened because although on Saturday night I would remind myself to check my lineup right away in the morning I quite typically forgot until around 11:53 a.m. on Sunday...As of last year, however, I did not get an invite to my FF league after 10 seasons, which was kind of a bummer, so my panic attacks are now strictly confined to Vikings games.
Jimmy, you are a dedicated foodie. I usually slap a box of cereal on the kitchen counter and tell my kid there's milk in the fridge Big Grin On mornings when I'm more motivated (usually on Sundays after I drag my sorry butt to church) I will make bacon and eggs and either pancakes or French toast....or sometimes grilled "choose your meat" sandwiches, depending on how much of  that 7 minutes is left I referenced above.
When I watch the games, I don't usually have the luxury of doing it in the privacy of me and me alone. I have my son around (who puts his headphones on and watches YouTube) and/or my bestie who is a Cowboys fan and likes to yell YEAHHHH a lot. The games always cause me heart palpitations until we are either being blown out or are blowing someone out, which as any Vikings fan worth his or her salt knows rarely happens. I get headaches, my heart pounds, and my stomach is in knots. This is regular season stuff I'm talking about but it can happen during the preseason, too, which is rather disturbing. For the safety and wellbeing of the general public I NEVER watch the Vikings in public places. NEVER. On most game days my brother texts me several disparaging comments during the course of the game UNLESS we are winning. Then I don't hear from him at all...lol...