Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer on some key issues...
Quote: @greediron said:
@Norse said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
I'm not sure I question Zimmer's ability to learn from his mistakes...But I am concerned at times he's been taken to the woodshed by being out game-planned. 

On another note, beat Detroit at home this past year and I believe the NFCCG would have been at our house..
Yes, that was a huge loss.  But if I recall, the defense held Detroit to 7 points?  The offense had the ball a couple times in the waning moments of the game and couldn't score.  That was Case's 3rd game and he struggled mightily.
I suppose you would see it that way.

I see it as we lost Cook for the season,Had 3 fumbles and a few penalties.
edit: Keenum had better stats than Stafford that game.
We had 7 points.

But Stafford had one stat better than Keenum, points.  At home, with the ball twice in the closing minutes and we couldn't score.

1st and 10 at MIN 44(1:51 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Keenum pass short middle to A.Thielen to DET 45 for 11 yards (G.Quin). FUMBLES (G.Quin), RECOVERED by DET-T.Whitehead at DET 45. T.Whitehead to 50 for 5 yards (J.McKinnon).

(1:51 - 4th) To bad he completed that pass. I cant believe he did that, what was he thinking?

So the sequence of how Viking drives ended in reverse order.

Quote:End of game,

(1:51) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass short middle
to 19-A.Thielen to DET 45 for 11 yards (27-G.Quin). FUMBLES (27-G.Quin),
RECOVERED by DET-59-T.Whitehead at DET 45. 59-T.Whitehead to 50 for 5
yards (21-J.McKinnon).

(2:31) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum sacked at DET 14 for -11 yards (69-A.Zettel).
(2:19) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete short left to 19-A.Thielen.
This ended a 6 minute drive with numerous incompletes.

(10:51) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete short right to 21-J.McKinnon.

3rd Q
(1:00) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete deep left to 89-D.Morgan (35-M.Killebrew).
(:55) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete short left to 21-J.McKinnon (24-N.Lawson).
(:50) 2-K.Forbath 39 yard field goal is No Good, Hit Right Upright, Center-47-K.McDermott, Holder-4-R.Quigley.

7:17) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete short left to 14-S.Diggs.

Yeah, it was a stellar showing that day.  3 of the last 4 drives had Keenum walking off after an incompletion.

So the sequence of how Viking drives ended in reverse order.

End of game,

(1:51) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass short middle
to 19-A.Thielen to DET 45 for 11 yards (27-G.Quin). FUMBLES (27-G.Quin),
RECOVERED by DET-59-T.Whitehead at DET 45. 59-T.Whitehead to 50 for 5
yards (21-J.McKinnon).

(2:31) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum sacked at DET 14 for -11 yards (69-A.Zettel).
(2:19) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete short left to 19-A.Thielen.
This ended a 6 minute drive with numerous incompletes.

(10:51) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete short right to 21-J.McKinnon.

3rd Q
(1:00) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete deep left to 89-D.Morgan (35-M.Killebrew).
(:55) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete short left to 21-J.McKinnon (24-N.Lawson).
(:50) 2-K.Forbath 39 yard field goal is No Good, Hit Right Upright, Center-47-K.McDermott, Holder-4-R.Quigley.

7:17) (Shotgun) 7-C.Keenum pass incomplete short left to 14-S.Diggs.

Yeah, it was a stellar showing that day.  3 of the last 4 drives had Keenum walking off after an incompletion.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I now agree with you, Case is the only reason they lost that day.

"That was Case's 3rd game and he struggled mightily."

Never mined that Detroit score 11 of it's 14 points off of fumbles.

Quote: @holmanjp said:
For you, anytime.

@holmanjp said:
For you, anytime.
It's so refreshing, It is like a new world. Everything is so obvious now.

Ted didn't get his win (that he earned) in the playoffs because BW missed a field goal.

The Vikings didn't get a win (they earned) against Det, because Case could not over come 3 fumbles (11 points) and a missed field

@greediron said:
@holmanjp said:
For you, anytime.

Ted didn't get his win (that he earned) in the playoffs because BW missed a field goal.

The Vikings didn't get a win (they earned) against Det, because Case could not over come 3 fumbles (11 points) and a missed field
project much? 

Who mentioned Teddy?  (you of course)  I simply said that Case didn't play well in that game.  That ended up being a huge loss for the team.  The defense played relatively well, but the offense crapped the bed.  Losing Cook really hurt, and he fumbled on that play.  Case was still finding his way at that point from being a backup to being the starter.  Our offense probably was geared on lots of Cook. 

But funny how a simple statement that Case didn't play well brings out so much projection and drama.  He didn't play well.  The rest of the issues are yours.

is it draft time yet?

@greediron said:
@holmanjp said:
For you, anytime.

Some further clarification:

BW scored all our points in that game, Ted didn't earn his way into the end zone, not once.

As far as the Det game, the offense looked very lackluster and obviously hadn't gelled with the "new guy" yet....not shocking, he'd had very limited time with the offense.

NOW...there are variables, quality of o-line in the various games, etc etc etc...but as far as what was "earned"...eh...that gets awfully muddy.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@holmanjp said:
@greediron said:
@holmanjp said:
For you, anytime.

BW scored all our points in that game, Ted didn't earn his way into the end zone, not once.

As far as the Det game, the offense looked very lackluster and obviously hadn't gelled with the "new guy" yet....not shocking, he'd had very limited time with the offense.

NOW...there are variables, quality of o-line in the various games, etc etc etc...but as far as what was "earned"...eh...that gets awfully muddy.

hard to blame that on Ted,  when he would get the team moving then Norv would give the ball back to AD,  Ted moved them down the field for the winning score and they ran AD 3 straight times without giving Ted a shot at the endzone.   No reason there wasnt a PA boot off one of those handoffs with Teddy rolling to his right with at least 1 or 2 options to throw into the endzone.  People like to say that AD got us there and Blair lost it,  but AD was as much of a hindrance to the offense that season as he was a help.  (yes I know all about the fact that he won the rushing title ((with the lowest total yardage in the last 20 years due to the other favorites being injured))

Quote: @Zanary said:
@holmanjp said:
@greediron said:
@holmanjp said:
For you, anytime.

I should have added sarcasm 

Yes BW scored the only points that game.
Had BW made that kick.
Ted would still be getting praised for the win.