Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer: More recovery needed for Bridgewater
I don't see this as Coach Zimmer kicking the dog at all. He was being honest. Why is that an issue? He loves Teddy and it seemed like he felt bad. He said he was more positive than the medical staff. Maybe that was a bit of the emotional part and some reflection over time. 

Well, if he put Teddy out there when not physically ready, that would be 2 times in one season, and even if it was done out of love for the guy, it's inexcusable. He nearly got Sam killed in Chicago, and could have cost us a game. Frankly, this is one of my issues with Zimmer. He was so bent on not having Case lead that offense, he was willing to take a major risk with Sam's health and the team's standing to prove his point.

I'm willing to bet that Zimmerman made the call to take Teddy off the PUP list to try to save his career with the team. Sugarman took Zim aside and told him you can dress Teddy, but you really shouldn't play him, and he did it anyway after what he thought he saw in practice. Afterwards, I bet Sugarman laid it out for him under no uncertain terms that he could have really messed that up in a huge way.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Well, if he put Teddy out there when not physically ready, that would be 2 times in one season, and even if it was done out of love for the guy, it's inexcusable. He nearly got Sam killed in Chicago, and could have cost us a game. Frankly, this is one of my issues with Zimmer. He was so bent on not having Case lead that offense, he was willing to take a major risk with Sam's health and the team's standing to prove his point.

I'm willing to bet that Zimmerman made the call to take Teddy off the PUP list to try to save his career with the team. Sugarman took Zim aside and told him you can dress Teddy, but you really shouldn't play him, and he did it anyway after what he thought he saw in practice. Afterwards, I bet Sugarman laid it out for him under no uncertain terms that he could have really messed that up in a huge way.
This is complete conjecture on your part. You've created your own narrative here. 

This isn't the first time I've seen you call him 'Zimmerman'. What's up? 

Quote: @greediron said:
@Jor-El said:
@Neptizzle said:
I will forever wish the best for teddy (except against the vikes). this kid deserved better (not a blown up knee). Something just doesn't add up - a nonplant leg blowing up in noncontact drills? him not even saying goodbye to the team that drafted him and helped him recover? hmmm... anyway. GUMP had something special about him, its just to bad it had to turn out this way.
Good point about Bridgewater not sending any kind of farewell message to the Vikings team and fans. Very clear he left in a bad mood, probably because the Vikings were being honest about his future.
Where did you hear this.  Zimmer said Teddy texted him and he replied wishing him well.
That's good. But did you see any public message from Bridgewater, something like, "Thanks to all you Vikings fans for all the cheers and cards to my hospital etc"? Like what Cousins sent to Redskins fans?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@greediron said:
@Jor-El said:
@Neptizzle said:
I will forever wish the best for teddy (except against the vikes). this kid deserved better (not a blown up knee). Something just doesn't add up - a nonplant leg blowing up in noncontact drills? him not even saying goodbye to the team that drafted him and helped him recover? hmmm... anyway. GUMP had something special about him, its just to bad it had to turn out this way.
Good point about Bridgewater not sending any kind of farewell message to the Vikings team and fans. Very clear he left in a bad mood, probably because the Vikings were being honest about his future.
Where did you hear this.  Zimmer said Teddy texted him and he replied wishing him well.
That's good. But did you see any public message from Bridgewater, something like, "Thanks to all you Vikings fans for all the cheers and cards to my hospital etc"? Like what Cousins sent to Redskins fans?
I didn't hear about any or see any....and I follow him on Twitter. Not saying it didn't happen, but I personally don't know of any.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:

This is complete conjecture on your part. You've created your own narrative here. 

It was late. Zimmerman always seems to roll off the fingers. Too many years of that other great Viking on the brain. Sorry. As for conjecture; of course it is, but give me a better explanation of how Teddy gets inserted in a game and mysteriously gets put on inactive shortly thereafter, especially in light of this new information that "Zimmer" just dropped.

What wasn't conjecture was how he handled the Sam situation. That half  in Chicago bordered on negligence.

Here I figured Zimmerman as in Bobby Dylan...

Anyways, I think Zimmer really wanted to get Teddy some live action and see where he was at. Rushing it? In retrospect probably so...

Bradford in Chicago? Reeks of some desperation and was Freeman'esque for this fan. 

Sometimes decisions are made that make you go WTF (in my best Tom Cruise imitation). 

@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:

It was late. Zimmerman always seems to roll off the fingers. Too many years of that other great Viking on the brain. Sorry. As for conjecture; of course it is, but give me a better explanation of how Teddy gets inserted in a game and mysteriously gets put on inactive shortly thereafter, especially in light of this new information that "Zimmer" just dropped.

What wasn't conjecture was how he handled the Sam situation. That half  in Chicago bordered on negligence.
You're making assumptions. The medical staff may have cleared him, in fact I'm sure they did. But maybe there was a small setback, a tweak. We don't know but I can make assumptions along those lines also. 

The guy's name is Mike Zimmer....not even Mike 'Zimmer'. When I see someone put Zimmerman on it, which probably was the name originally at some point in his family's history (which you know, German-Jewish), and then keeps referencing it in a smartass way, it smacks a little anti-semetic. Want to give you the benefit of the doubt....but you aren't making it easy.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:

You're making assumptions. The medical staff may have cleared him, in fact I'm sure they did. But maybe there was a small setback, a tweak. We don't know but I can make assumptions along those lines also. 

The guy's name is Mike Zimmer....not even Mike 'Zimmer'. When I see someone put Zimmerman on it, which probably was the name originally at some point in his family's history (which you know, German-Jewish), and then keeps referencing it in a smartass way, it smacks a little anti-semetic. Want to give you the benefit of the doubt....but you aren't making it easy.
Holy Shit man. Now who's making assumptions, and full of conjecture? You just hit the grand slam. That's got to be the biggest reach for bullshit I've read on this board. and there have been some doozies over the years.  your dog picture kinda looks like a Pomeranian. German origin if I'm not mistaken, big personality, big allegiance among their owners. hmmm... Yeah, I guess it would stand to reason that you must be a Nazi. Dumbass...

@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:

Holy Shit man. Now who's making assumptions, and full of conjecture? You just hit the grand slam. That's got to be the biggest reach for bullshit I've read on this board. and there have been some doozies over the years.  your dog picture kinda looks like a Pomeranian. German origin if I'm not mistaken, big personality, big allegiance among their owners. hmmm... Yeah, I guess it would stand to reason that you must be a Nazi. Dumbass...
Yep, for sure I could be reaching admittedly. Like I said, wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt. I stopped short of outright accusing. Still a bit odd to me, nonetheless. But I'll let it go. 

And yep, the pic is a Pomeranian. Its what is called a 'Throwback' Pom.....much bigger than a traditional and closer to the breed's origins of the Spitz.