Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suh to the Rams ... They also want OBJ
Quote: @Poiple said:
@MaroonBells said:
I wish I could find some of the positives from this that you guys are, but man this is scary. No two ways around it. 

It's damned frustrating to watch this team put together the best roster of talent I've seen in 45 years of watching the Vikings....a roster that in most years would dominate the NFL.

...and then notice that the Eagles and the Rams are doing the same goddam thing. 
Agree completely.  Wondering how the Saints are doing also.  Post season is going to be toughr than last year.  At least the young Vikes got a taste of it and maybe more importantly, losing.
Homefield advantage is going to be huge again.  Each loss....
Regular season is huge in the NFL. Only 16 games too - stakes are high each week. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I wish I could find some of the positives from this that you guys are, but man this is scary. No two ways around it. 

It's damned frustrating to watch this team put together the best roster of talent I've seen in 45 years of watching the Vikings....a roster that in most years would dominate the NFL.

...and then notice that the Eagles and the Rams are doing the same goddam thing. 
Well, there is no doubt the Rams have added some serious talent.  But there is always a team every year that "wins" the off-season and then falls flat.

When you add personalities like Peters, Talib, and Suh it could end up really good or really bad.  Team chemistry is underrated.  Add in that Donald is probably shaking his head that the Rams haven't extended him yet and there is some potential for issues to bubble up.

I'm also not sold on Goff.  We'll see if he can replicate last season.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

Well, there is no doubt the Rams have added some serious talent.  But there is always a team every year that "wins" the off-season and then falls flat.

When you add personalities like Peters, Talib, and Suh it could end up really good or really bad.  Team chemistry is underrated.  Add in that Donald is probably shaking his head that the Rams haven't extended him yet and there is some potential for issues to bubble up.

I'm also not sold on Goff.  We'll see if he can replicate last season.
Agreed,  Adding one personality like Richardson to a solid lockerroom is one thing.  Adding 3 with a young coach and a young team can go lots of different ways.

As to Goff, his coach read the defense for him last year.  Teams will be keyed in on that this year and make that much more difficult.

Looks like no OBJ
Giant owner says he is not going anywhere, but still getting calls

Reports yesterday said they wanted 2 # 1’s
& a new team hairdresser

The question is are those 'personalities' team first guys and how will it affect the practices and prep of the team between game days.  Sometimes it's not so much what they do on the field but what they don't do off it that leads to their well laid plans exploding.  The the true test comes when adversity strikes and you need real leaders.