Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bustwater?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
I wish we could've resigned him to an incentive-laden deal like that. If Cousins sh!ts the bed or gets hurt Teddy could have had a better chance to restart his career here with his old team mates than in New York. 
Dude, if Cousins shits the bed, the team is f-ed. They are all-in on him. Wouldn't matter if Teddy stayed or not. 
kind of the same sentiment that most fans had last year in regards to Sam getting hurt... you dont know until you know.  this is a good team and like it did with Case it can elevate a weaker player... even at the QB position.

Quote: @"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
I wish we could've resigned him to an incentive-laden deal like that. If Cousins sh!ts the bed or gets hurt Teddy could have had a better chance to restart his career here with his old team mates than in New York. 
Trevor Siemian is only under contract for this season. I think he makes a pretty damn good backup, but I can see a scenario where Teddy ends up right back here in '19. It would have to be a worst-case scenario for Teddy, because he's obviously hoping to win the starting job there. It would have to be a scenario where he proves he's healthy, but doesn't play enough to draw starting interest from other teams. Never know...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Trevor Siemian is only under contract for this season. I think he makes a pretty damn good backup, but I can see a scenario where Teddy ends up right back here in '19. It would have to be a worst-case scenario for Teddy, because he's obviously hoping to win the starting job there. It would have to be a scenario where he proves he's healthy, but doesn't play enough to draw starting interest from other teams. Never know...
I know probability is never zero but I don't see this happening (it's as close to zero as it can get). The reason for me saying this is because of the guaranteed money being paid Kirk and he will be eligible for a new contract at 32 plus he can't be traded.
If Teddy were to come back in in any capacity next year he would be coming to be a backup for at least two years and then hoping Kirk does not live up to the contract AND he has instilled confidence to the front office around when Kirk is due a renewal. That will be assuming he has consistently outplayed Kirk with the limited reps he will have.
If the Kirk experiment goes south we are more likely drafting a new QB assuming Kyle S does not pan out than hand the job to Teddy on a long term basis.
When Teddy walked out the door (as sad as it is to say), his chances of being a viking pretty much evaporated

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
I do have to admit that I totally engineered the phasing out of software, necessitating our move to a new software platform that was awful and then consequently this software platform (which still needs an offseason's worth of work) and then had the database for the original forum corrupted so that I could foil a users ability to show that their prediction was the right one!

I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
SWA, that's one way of interpreting what I wrote. Another is that Tom Moore is a douchebag.

Quote: @"RushmoreVike" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
KC would have to shit in Zims bed, in order for Ted to have taken over for him.

Even if KC had half his average stats, it's still equal to Teds best!!!!!!!!!!!
weve had 3 starting QBs go down early in the season 3 of the last 4 years... 

I to would have preferred Teddy over Simeon to back up Cousins.
I'm having a brain fart.
Who is the 3rd?

Ted 2016
Sam 2017

Quote: @"BattleLakeRaider" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
I do have to admit that I totally engineered the phasing out of software, necessitating our move to a new software platform that was awful and then consequently this software platform (which still needs an offseason's worth of work) and then had the database for the original forum corrupted so that I could foil a users ability to show that their prediction was the right one!

I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
SWA, that's one way of interpreting what I wrote. Another is that Tom Moore is a douchebag.
[Image: 4x8vwivdjzou.gif]

Quote: @"holmanjp" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"holmanjp" said:

I'm having a brain fart.
Who is the 3rd?

Ted 2016
Sam 2017
wasnt it matt cassell that went down Teddys rookie year,  then Ponder and then Teddy got his shot?

@"holmanjp" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"holmanjp" said:

I'm having a brain fart.
Who is the 3rd?

Ted 2016
Sam 2017
wasnt it matt cassell that went down Teddys rookie year,  then Ponder and then Teddy got his shot?
AH, yes I believe you are correct. Broken foot or something?

@"holmanjp" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"holmanjp" said:

I'm having a brain fart.
Who is the 3rd?

Ted 2016
Sam 2017
Yep, Cassell, but Teddy was the #2.  Teddy got hurt in the Atlanta game (but played the entire game) then Ponder played as TB's backup.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I know probability is never zero but I don't see this happening (it's as close to zero as it can get). The reason for me saying this is because of the guaranteed money being paid Kirk and he will be eligible for a new contract at 32 plus he can't be traded.
If Teddy were to come back in in any capacity next year he would be coming to be a backup for at least two years and then hoping Kirk does not live up to the contract AND he has instilled confidence to the front office around when Kirk is due a renewal. That will be assuming he has consistently outplayed Kirk with the limited reps he will have.
If the Kirk experiment goes south we are more likely drafting a new QB assuming Kyle S does not pan out than hand the job to Teddy on a long term basis.
When Teddy walked out the door (as sad as it is to say), his chances of being a viking pretty much evaporated

Another reason this is unlikely to happen: Teddy left the Vikings franchise in anger for some reason. I think that is undeniable now that we have seen how little his Jets contract really is. Do you think the Vikings did not offer him $500K or more? I'm willing to bet they did. According to Sid Hartman, Bridgewater was demanding $10M/season, and I got the impression Vikings were open to negotiating but at a lower rate. Taking the Jets' offer was effectively saying, "I'll take ANYTHING to get away from you!!"
The Jets are going to start McCown and draft a QB to groom. Bridgewater is being given a chance to compete with Bryce Petty and Christian Haeckenberg to win the backup job. There's a pretty fair chance this board will be nearly broken by all the "Bring back Teddy!!" chants when the Jets announce their final roster cuts on September 2. But would he even return if invited?