Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson a done deal
You guys are already all assuming BRob is going to be pushed out.  Nobody has said that, the only place it's a topic is here.  Don't jump the gun.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
You guys are already all assuming BRob is going to be pushed out.  Nobody has said that, the only place it's a topic is here.  Don't jump the gun.
This is where i'm at too.  There's just not a lot of space to be gained by trimming BRob's contract any further.  I think the biggest candidate for making space is resigning Barr to a longer deal.

Latest word is Vikings are very optimistic this deal gets done....Richardson is still at the facilities. 

Quote: @medaille said:
@Montana Tom said:
This is where i'm at too.  There's just not a lot of space to be gained by trimming BRob's contract any further.  I think the biggest candidate for making space is resigning Barr to a longer deal.
this is my point,  the guy already took his pay cut last year to help the team,  and his salary this year is already a great value for what he does on the field,  they arent going to make much ground up with Brians 3 million, even if he says screw it and retires or walks they will have to sign somebody to replace him and they wont find a better player for under 3 million to fill his role.  They are simply taking advantage of his loyalty.  He has stayed and played in Minny for less that what he could have made elsewhere,  the team can find their money in better ways than shitting on their career guys.

and what they did with AD was asinine,  he deserved no loyalty but got it yet the guys who we can be proud to cheer for all their time in purple get cut off at the knees when they want to play out their time here.  sorry, call it what you want but I agree with Pop,  its chicken shit and its not what I want out of my team.

I am a long time Lurker.  Barely post but this has been absolutely comical.

For years we bash Spielman because he makes no moves in free agency, while Pats blah blah blah.  And on it goes.

Spielman swings for the fences this year.  Let's all 3 qb  walk and signs a huge contract.  Now he is swinging again trying to make this a better team.  And our worries, operating a nursing home so everybody feels good.  BRob  has been a heck of a player.  But if Spielman needs more money to get our team better.  So be it.  If BRob is here next year Awesome.  If he isn' he will always be a great Viking.   Jorel above is spot on.  Packers just asked Jordy Nelson to take a Vet minimum contract.  

Vikings are ferocious warriors.  We don't play patty cake.

SKOL - cheers of warriors as they drink from the skulls of their prey.

Vikings have DE depth and young guys I'm sure they'd like to play more. Not so much at DT. Johnson is traveling to Seattle for a visit. Richardson will be a game changer next to Joseph.

Quote: @shreksvikes said:

For years we bash Spielman because he makes no moves in free agency, while Pats blah blah blah.  And on it goes.

Spielman swings for the fences this year.  Let's all 3 qb  walk and signs a huge contract.  Now he is swinging again trying to make this a better team.  And our worries, operating a nursing home so everybody feels good.  BRob  has been a heck of a player.  But if Spielman needs more money to get our team better.  So be it.  If BRob is here next year Awesome.  If he isn' he will always be a great Viking.   Jorel above is spot on.  Packers just asked Jordy Nelson to take a Vet minimum contract.  

nursing home?  sorry BRob is still a key part of this defense,  if he wasnt playing up to par he would be the first to walk away,  but based on what we are doing when he is on the field... and he is setting the D when he is out there,  hes earning every  penny of his contract.   There are likely others that need a hair cut before going after productive guys,  but they arent wanting to finish their careers on this contract so rick can play chicken shit poker with them.

Quote: @RushmoreVike said:
@shreksvikes said:

nursing home?  sorry BRob is still a key part of this defense, 
Not sure that 'key' is accurate. Minnesota needs a 3T like Richardson much more than they need a backup DE/situational pass rushing DT that BRob provides right now at this stage in his career. Hard decisions under a hard cap are sometimes required.

BRob will undoubtedly provide quality situational snaps, without a doubt. But the team has to prioritize.

I never said BRob was done.  But our comments above talk Vikings leaving on their own timing.  And we need to pay them well.  As they do head off to retirement.

If the Vikings do sign Richardson I don't know why everyone is so butt hurt for B Rob.  He has been great in every aspect of this team except on the field where I say hes been very good and very consistent. That being said the Vikings weakness on the DL is a 3T DT and that is not B Robs strength.  He has been solid no doubt and he works his ass off but Richardson is what they need.  B Rob doesnt require a double team like Richardson has and that is the reason for the stats he has put up for the last couple years. What is an opposing OL to do when they have to double either Lival hungry or Richardson, they can't double both or that totally opens up Griffen, Hunter or B Rob if he stays.  Its great for everyone.  I agree it sucks he may be asked to take a cut because he already did last year but at the end of the day the NFL is a business and winning is the name of the game.  And Rushmore I dont know if you realize this but that hall of fame QB in New England you talk about, the GOAT QB, he is the 15th highest paid QB in the league.   He could have been paid Kirk Cousins money years ago and would have deserved every penny.  But he wanted to win and took the pay cut for the good of the team. I would love to see B Rob stay and hopefully walk a way with a ring after next season.