Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hartman: Teddy demanded over $10 mill, Vikes stopped negotiating
Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
@CLOBIMON said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
bullshit. this snake franchise just wants it to seem like teddy wanted way too much.
I found the link you're looking for:
http://forums.theganggreen.com/register/
they are my second favorite team now
who is your first favorite?

@CLOBIMON said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
bullshit. this snake franchise just wants it to seem like teddy wanted way too much.
I found the link you're looking for:
http://forums.theganggreen.com/register/
they are my second favorite team now
So I guess you joined the Jets fan board then?

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
Dunno, something smells about this.

Teams really control the conversation with "leaks" and sources.  I wonder if this is some damage control.
Either way, if its true, does it matter? Teddy was obviously a little disgruntled, pushed and the Vikings declined. His true market value was established as $5 mill per the Jets offer. 
Does it matter?  I guess that would be the point, are we discussing it? 

As to the true part, that is what I question.  This just smells of a controlled leak to elicit a desired response from the fans.

Just my take, but usually gut feelings just turn out to be gas.
No, what I mean does it matter if its a leak or not? My meaning being if its true, its telling from Teddy's point of view about his worth....and conversely what the Viking's thought. And then what his true market value turned out being. Whether its a 'controlled' leak or not doesn't take away that Teddy overvalued himself possibly. 

He's got a lot to prove, I think he's finding that out. Best of luck to the kid. The Vikings are in a Superbowl window that can't afford a mistake on a guy that had an injury as severe as one that TB suffered. 
My point is, if it is a controlled leak, it likely isn't true, but damage control. 
Now the team is lying? Why would they lie? There really isn't any outrage by the fanbase on this anyway, not sure why there'd be a need for any damage control. 

Teddy gets advice, maybe he got the bad kind from his agent.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@greediron said:
My point is, if it is a controlled leak, it likely isn't true, but damage control. 
I doubt the Vikings are now trying to spread lies about Teddy.  He seemed pretty universally liked among the players, coaching staff, and front office.  It might be a little damage control, but I doubt that it's untrue.
If you read and listen to some, the NFL front offices are not above doing whatever it takes to leverage control.  They control the narrative.  Consider all the rumors that fly just before the draft. 

And I may be wrong, but as I said, it just smells fishy to me.

Are we reading way too much into the word "demanded?"

It's contract negotiating time, how many synonyms are there for setting and asking your price?

"Demand" makes it seem more threatening than a simple figure that was out of the ball park...

If a reporter makes calls and finds out a free agent was asking for more than a team was willing to pay, what other word or phrase would they use beside "demanded?" ... He "said please really nicely?"

Proof...or just spouting BS?

If the Vikings are a "snake franchise" to you, feel free to join gang green.

His "demand" figure was higher than his declined 5th year would have been. If the report is accurate he basically gave us an ultimatum that we pay him what he was expected to earn or else.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
Now the team is lying? Why would they lie? There really isn't any outrage by the fanbase on this anyway, not sure why there'd be a need for any damage control. 

Dunno the need. As I said, seems fishy.

But no, an NFL team would never spread lies.  Never ever ever.  Through a source that will never trace back to them.  Nope.

Teddy stated that he sees himself as a starter, no chance here w/ the Cousins signing, now if the Vikings had missed, he just might of ended up being our starter by default. If that was the case, 10 million per year would seem reasonable.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:

Dunno the need. As I said, seems fishy.

But no, an NFL team would never spread lies.  Never ever ever.  Through a source that will never trace back to them.  Nope.
....or a player that you think is ultra nice might not be quite as nice as you think. Maybe his feelings got hurt in all this. Maybe he's upset. He's just a young guy, might think the organization did him wrong. Won't be the first time.

Or Sid Hartman is off his meds.