Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your early favorites to be playing in the Minneapolis SB this February?
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
^^^^^ My personal favorite as well, but DAMN it would be cool to see Dylan.

I've listened to more Prince in the year since his death then when I was a huge fan in High School and College.

Empty Room.  INDEED.
I saw Dylan with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and the Grateful Dead, the haze was thick in that place. As far as listening to Prince, I always do. He is such a timeline of my life and there are so many memories there. There is a huge library of music to choose from and more is coming. I am glad you are renewing your listening to his music. 
Nice. I'm purple with envy 
here on the west coast, most of my HS & college concerts were Oingo Boingo (Danny Elfman)
sadly as his hearing is waning (as is mine) Boingo doesn't play anymore.

not sure of the popularity of Boingo outside of Cali...but wow....some of those concerts at Irvine meadows were wild.  I remember the haze alright, but when you've got girls walking around in Saran Wrap dresses....it made QUITE the impression

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

I've listened to more Prince in the year since his death then when I was a huge fan in High School and College.

Empty Room.  INDEED.
I saw Dylan with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and the Grateful Dead, the haze was thick in that place. As far as listening to Prince, I always do. He is such a timeline of my life and there are so many memories there. There is a huge library of music to choose from and more is coming. I am glad you are renewing your listening to his music. 
here on the west coast, most of my HS & college concerts were Oingo Boingo (Danny Elfman)

not sure of the popularity of Boingo outside of Cali...but wow....some of those concerts at Irvine meadows were wild.  I remember the haze alright, but when you've got girls walking around in Saran Wrap dresses....it made QUITE the impression
I love Oingo Boingo, the 80's were such a musical trip. Elfman is very gifted. It really sucks about his hearing. To not be able to utilize that creative outlet has to be rough. Lol. I bet you were enjoying the view. 

@"Vikergirl" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Empty Room.  INDEED.

When I hear oningo boingo I think "back to school"

And then I think of Rodney 

And then I think of Sam

And then I start giggling a little bit

And then people look at  me funny.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Empty Room.  INDEED.

I love Oingo Boingo, the 80's were such a musical trip. Elfman is very gifted. It really sucks about his hearing. To not be able to utilize that creative outlet has to be rough. Lol. I bet you were enjoying the view. 
Yeah...when MTV used to show music videos......Truth be told, I was there with the prettiest lady.  Some gals don't have to advertise.  Im sure guys were (and still) are thinking "why is SHE with HIM?"  Married 27 years now last week. 

@"Vikergirl" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Empty Room.  INDEED.

Yeah...when MTV used to show music videos......Truth be told, I was there with the prettiest lady.  Some gals don't have to advertise.  Im sure guys were (and still) are thinking "why is SHE with HIM?"  Married 27 years now last week. 
Omg! Congrats! True love is a beautiful thing. That's so sweet. It's clear you appreciate what you've got. It's important not to take each other for granted. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Vikes Titans

You really think that?
 The Titans look like a team on the rise, a bit like the Falcons last year. 

If I were going to go with teams on the rise.. I would go with the Bucs and Raiders
Yabbut everyone knows about them. Both are very popular at the top end of several power rankings. I wanted to go with a real dark horse. There wasn't a soul on earth who predicted the Falcons this time last year. My other Cinderella is the Texans, provided Tom Savage stays healthy. 

I am not so sure Tom Savage can lead that team deep in the playoffs but we have already had this discussion lol. I think the Texans are a lot like we were in 09 before we got Favre, a true team that is a leader away from being great.

AFC--Patriots
NFC--??? I'll just list who I DON'T want it to be:
1. Packers (above all, THIS would be the absolute worst outcome)
2. Saints (This wouldn't be far behind, a SB for Adrian in his old team's new digs wearing that damn who dat rag)
3. Panthers (If Matt friggin Kalil gets a ring before this team does then I'm giving up, officially...)
4. Cowboys (just because I'm sick of Jerry Jones "winning" in this league)
5. Seattle (the least worst of the dirty 5, though it is still a sickening thought...)

Assuming we don't get there, who I'd want to represent the NFC is the Cardinals. It'd be a pretty sweet thing for Fitz to win a SB in Minneapolis, I think Big Grin

[Image: hv4kbcjdgi4y.jpg]
Not that I really believe it.....but, what the hell...

Quote: @"Fanopurple" said:
[Image: hv4kbcjdgi4y.jpg]
Not that I really believe it.....but, what the hell...
So week 2 will be a SB preview!

My wife is a huge Steelers fan.  Week 2 is gonna be hell.