Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk making up his mind?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
There's zero doubt they know which way they want to go and what the pecking order is. How it goes down is the X factor. 
could you imagine not getting cousins and pissing off all three of ours and endding up with nothing. 
Ha, that would be a very Viking thing to happen, but its too good a spot to have somebody not want, hurt feelings and all. A little birdie somewhere online mentioned that Minnesota likes AJ McCarron as a Plan B, not sure if that is true or not.
That would make some sense with Zimmer seeing AJ for years.  Some how I feel McCarron is Glennon though. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
There's zero doubt they know which way they want to go and what the pecking order is. How it goes down is the X factor. 
could you imagine not getting cousins and pissing off all three of ours and endding up with nothing. 
Ha, that would be a very Viking thing to happen, but its too good a spot to have somebody not want, hurt feelings and all. A little birdie somewhere online mentioned that Minnesota likes AJ McCarron as a Plan B, not sure if that is true or not.
That would make some sense with Zimmer seeing AJ for years.  Some how I feel McCarron is Glennon though. 
not really a connection there,  Zimmer left Cincy Ajs rookie year.  He never coached against him in practice or anything.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PSBLAKE said:
I like Cousins and I think it would be a great signing
at what price?  its not really if cousins would be a good player for us,  its about how much do you spend for what he brings to the table.   some of us are saying that the reported 30+ is way way to much for the amount of upside he has over the rest of the options.
If we sign cousins at 30 its going to hurt.  The questions will stir because he'll be it for FA this year besides some low level stuff.  Will Kirk be enough to get us over the hump or are we destine for mediocrity with a high prices QB just like several other teams that got good with cheap QBs only to lose great players to time or money. 

I've been back and forth and back and forth and forth and back again on who the "right guy" is and I keep coming back to a higher teen level contract for Case which after the Jags signed bortles is probably where he'd end up at.  This still gives us plenty to pick up a couple mid tier guys etc.  Case was good enough last year, he is loved by his teammates and additional chemistry can't hurt.  If you front load a Case contract with outs after this next year I can't see how its a losing plan. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@PSBLAKE said:
at what price?  its not really if cousins would be a good player for us,  its about how much do you spend for what he brings to the table.   some of us are saying that the reported 30+ is way way to much for the amount of upside he has over the rest of the options.
If we sign cousins at 30 its going to hurt.  The questions will stir because he'll be it for FA this year besides some low level stuff.  Will Kirk be enough to get us over the hump or are we destine for mediocrity with a high prices QB just like several other teams that got good with cheap QBs only to lose great players to time or money. 

I've been back and forth and back and forth and forth and back again on who the "right guy" is and I keep coming back to a higher teen level contract for Case which after the Jags signed bortles is probably where he'd end up at.  This still gives us plenty to pick up a couple mid tier guys etc.  Case was good enough last year, he is loved by his teammates and additional chemistry can't hurt.  If you front load a Case contract with outs after this next year I can't see how its a losing plan. 
to barely get us to the NFC championship game in his absolute best season ever. In fact, after such a season, our head coach wasn't even convinced enough to give him a confident endorsement.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PSBLAKE said:

to barely get us to the NFC championship game in his absolute best season ever. In fact, after such a season, our head coach wasn't even convinced enough to give him a confident endorsement.
Sure as heck wasn't Keenum's fault nobody showed up for the NFCC game.  Brady wouldn't have won that game.  Our defense never boarded the plane to Philly and they're the money maker and identity of our team.

@JimmyinSD said:
@PSBLAKE said:

IMO Case at anything more that 12-14 with some big incentives for a performance similar to last year is to much.  he had a good year,  but I was never comfortable with him at the position as he always looked like it could fall apart at any time.  some of the things that I like in a QB he lacks.  I dont think he is a 20+ guy.  as far as the lockerroom and being loved.... there was no one loved more than Teddy... but the smart play is Sam with a quality back up ( Teddy, Case or somebody like McCarron to compete with Sam)  IMO.

If somebody wants to give Case 18 plus incentives to 23 or so... have at it.  even with Case we need a quality back up plan,  but for different reasons.

I don't think the Vikings will offer $30 million to Cousins and I think Kirk and the rest of league knows that too.  This is a BIG IF, because I'm trusting my memory.  But I believe Rick said earlier in the year, that the team had planned on paying a QB $25 million/year (or up to) starting in 2018.  Assuming either Teddy or Sam would require that number on their next contract.  That number has already been calculated in on future plans and evidently found to be a workable number.  So, IF that memory is accurate, I'll throw $25 million on the table and then it all becomes a discussion on length of the contract and guaranteed portion.  I'll throw out 80% guaranteed for 3 years to start the conversation off.  Would Kirk take that compared to the Jets offering $30 @ 100% guaranteed?  I think he might.  He could be thinking ahead and looking at the contracts Rodgers and Ryan are goin to get.  In 3 years his number could be $35 million and he can make up what's he's lost in this contract, but hopefully made himself a SB winning QB.  Players seem to love betting on themselves.        

I have no issues with anything Coach Zimmer said at the presser. He spoke the truth. They all have questions whether it's health-related, sustainability or adjusting to a new system and team. Some people would have been upset if he didn't say anything. But seriously, he was only stating the obvious. It's no big secret. Not buying that they don't know what they are going to do though. Cousins is going to benefit from the lack of quality qbs on the market either way. I am going to be happy and sad either way. Someone is going to be left out.

Sources from Denver are now saying this morning that their due diligence with Cousins is coming back that he's going to sign with Minnesota....this coming after hearing something similar from the Jets a day or so ago. 

Interesting. It sure seems like there's something to this. Jets either throw giant contract his way or he's a Viking.