Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchise and trade Case?
Lets say that we want Cousins and he's going to cost $25-30M or whatever.  Now we tag Keenum.  Can we still get Cousins before we trade Keenum?  What happens if no one wants to trade for Keenum or if the trade partner backs out?

Quote: @"medaille" said:
Lets say that we want Cousins and he's going to cost $25-30M or whatever.  Now we tag Keenum.  Can we still get Cousins before we trade Keenum?  What happens if no one wants to trade for Keenum or if the trade partner backs out?
you can pull the tag if case hasnt signed his deal,  but once he signs his tag... you be spending all your cap space on 2 QBs.  essentially the same situation the skins would be in if they try and tag and trade cousins even though they have a deal in place with KC.  its really nuts to try imo.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Considering that the Vikings already anticipated spending franchise tag numbers on a QB this year, tagging Case and keeping him might be a more palatable option...after watching what the Eagles got out of Foles, I'm pretty confident Flipper can build on what Shurmur coaxed out of Kennum...
I'm not as confident,  he will likely help his game,  but I don't see Case excelling in the RPO.  His lack of arm strength and at times inability to see and throw his reciever open makes me question his fit in that scheme.
I don't know...he can put the cheese on the ball on short and intermediate throws...we've seen plenty of examples of it...his accuracy would be more of a concern...but the real point is that Flipper would fit the scheme to Case's strengths and if RPO doesn't fit...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Considering that the Vikings already anticipated spending franchise tag numbers on a QB this year, tagging Case and keeping him might be a more palatable option...after watching what the Eagles got out of Foles, I'm pretty confident Flipper can build on what Shurmur coaxed out of Kennum...
I'm not as confident,  he will likely help his game,  but I don't see Case excelling in the RPO.  His lack of arm strength and at times inability to see and throw his reciever open makes me question his fit in that scheme.
I don't know...he can put the cheese on the ball on short and intermediate throws...we've seen plenty of examples of it...his accuracy would be more of a concern...but the real point is that Flipper would fit the scheme to Case's strengths and if RPO doesn't fit...
In flipper we trust.