Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer said Elflein's injury is serious
Quote: @njvike said:
I'll grant you that, but at least admit as a 6 Decades-long fan, I have earned the right to be exasperated and able to express such feelings.
It's a message board. You should be able to freely express your opinions unless they are personal attacks. We all understand your frustration. I have been present for all of their failures going back to the Hail Mary and this one doesn't sting any less. Nobody thought we would get this far after Cook and Bradford went out so I give the Vikings a lot of credit for what they accomplished this year. However, until we get the QB situation solidified with a Franchise level starter, we will be a team with a good defense and above average offense that doesn't have all the tools to win a championship. Of the three QB's on the roster this year, I think Case is the best option for 2018 but I'm not sure if he can repeat the level of performance he had. I think he needs to be in a system that compliments his skills and with Shurmur leaving, who knows what Zimmer will do. If Stefanski is ready, I think it would be wise to give him the OC role and keep some continuity in scheme. What we are left with is an improbable run with a QB that nobody thought had it in him, and a magical win that took some of the pain of 2009 away. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@njvike said:
I'll grant you that, but at least admit as a 6 Decades-long fan, I have earned the right to be exasperated and able to express such feelings.
It's a message board. You should be able to freely express your opinions unless they are personal attacks. We all understand your frustration. I have been present for all of their failures going back to the Hail Mary and this one doesn't sting any less. Nobody thought we would get this far after Cook and Bradford went out so I give the Vikings a lot of credit for what they accomplished this year. However, until we get the QB situation solidified with a Franchise level starter, we will be a team with a good defense and above average offense that doesn't have all the tools to win a championship. Of the three QB's on the roster this year, I think Case is the best option for 2018 but I'm not sure if he can repeat the level of performance he had. I think he needs to be in a system that compliments his skills and with Shurmur leaving, who knows what Zimmer will do. If Stefanski is ready, I think it would be wise to give him the OC role and keep some continuity in scheme. What we are left with is an improbable run with a QB that nobody thought had it in him, and a magical win that took some of the pain of 2009 away. 
Well said.  As long as there are no personal attacks, people should say what they want to.  Venting is normal and welcomed after a loss of this magnitude.

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
It's a broken foot.   We drove his parents back to their hotel
So what does that mean regarding 2018 season?

I think it takes about 8 weeks for a broken foot to heal, if that's what it is. These offensive lineman are big dudes, so they have to be extra careful with it because it bears so much stress. I would have to guess he'd be ready to go by May mini-camps....but I'm no doctor. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think it takes about 8 weeks for a broken foot to heal, if that's what it is. These offensive lineman are big dudes, so they have to be extra careful with it because it bears so much stress. I would have to guess he'd be ready to go by May mini-camps....but I'm no doctor. 
Honestly, a broken bone or bones is the best case scenario IMO, so I'm hoping that's all it is.  That would be much better than an achilles or other tendon/ligament damage.

Well look who showed up after a loss.  Musta been tough, all that winning and stuff.

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib20m
Mike Zimmer said Pat Elflein will require offseason surgery on his ankle. Several other players will need surgery, too, but Zimmer did not elaborate.

Quote: @Norse said:
Ben Goessling20m
Mike Zimmer said Pat Elflein will require offseason surgery on his ankle. Several other players will need surgery, too, but Zimmer did not elaborate.
That sucks.

10m
Sources say #Vikings rookie center Pat Elflein is scheduled to have surgery next Monday to repair a fractured left ankle. To be performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay, Wis. Have to wait for swelling to go down If all goes well the hope is Elflein is ready for spring drills

Quote: @Norse said:
Ben Goessling20m
I would venture to say that every single team ends the year with at least a handful of important players needing some sort of surgery. Long year of getting pounded, getting pain shots and "playing" through an injury and putting off surgery until the end of the year so they can be on the field during the season. So when I here this its just offseason business as usual.