Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilly Dilly We're Going to Philly!!!
Two different teams a year apart.  We have more oline than they do And I'll go Case over Foles any day.  That was part of our collapse last year.  I'm seeing a different Vikings team now.

Case won't face Nick. He's  facing the Eagles Defense. Here's why that worries me.

Remmers and Hill struggled in the 2nd half of last week's game. The Eagles Front Four is better than the Saints. That's not even debatable.

Minnesota's interior will face a much better player in Fletcher Cox than they faced last week. On the road. On a crappy turf. Hill will struggle with Graham. On the road. On a crappy turf.

A weaker Saints team stifled the running game. I don't see that changing on Sunday.

Sure, their Secondary is weak. But if the team can't get the ground game going and Case is running for his life  scoring will be tough.

I expect Shurmer to counter with lots of misdirection. As in the most we'll have seen all year. And he will look to isolate players that Philly won't be thinking about like Morgan, Ham, Wright and Treadwell.

The screen game. Bootlegs. Designed Keenum runs. Quick slants.  

But it's gonna be harder than I think most on here believe it will be to sustain drives. Won't be a lot of TDs.  If any.  Forbath will be key.

On the flip side that O-Line, even without Peters, is the best the Vikings have seen all year. At a time when the pass rush is in a prolonged slump.

But if Zimmer comes out blitz happy and they don't get home Foles will  have  chances for big plays. That can get his confidence up. And he did have a really good season a few years back.  Dude is no scrub.

If Philly gets any run game going and Foles can start going RPO things could get out of hand.

I saw Rhodes battle Jeffrey in college and in the division. It's historically been a pretty even matchup.  Algholor vs. Waynes could be problematic. Alexander vs. Anyone after how he looked last week is scary.

And the Eagles ran a lot of misdirection themselves last week that Atlanta wasn't ready for. Ertz on Newman, Harris or Sendejo also could be tough.

I was convinced that Minnesota was simply the better team across the board last week. I'm not convinced Minnesota has as good of an O-Line or D-Line. And they're on the road. On an awful turf.

This is gonna be close, close, close.  Whomever wins the TISPFP&P battle wins this.

And in case you're wondering Turnovers/Injuries/Special Teams/Field Position/Penalties=TISPFP&P. Which is copyrighted, so don't steal it without my permission Smile

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Case won't face Nick. He's  facing the Eagles Defense. Here's why that worries me.

Remmers and Hill struggled in the 2nd half of last week's game. The Eagles Front Four is better than the Saints. That's not even debatable.  I think Hill will be settled in and do much better.  He had a good and bad against a top notch DE.  

Minnesota's interior will face a much better player in Fletcher Cox than they faced last week. On the road. On a crappy turf. Hill will struggle with Graham. On the road. On a crappy turf. They have to play the same turf as we do.  That slows the pass rush more than the O-line.

A weaker Saints team stifled the running game. I don't see that changing on Sunday.

Sure, their Secondary is weak. But if the team can't get the ground game going and Case is running for his life  scoring will be tough.

I expect Shurmer to counter with lots of misdirection. As in the most we'll have seen all year. And he will look to isolate players that Philly won't be thinking about like Morgan, Ham, Wright and Treadwell.  Screens.  I think McKinnon will be big this game.

The screen game. Bootlegs. Designed Keenum runs. Quick slants.  

But it's gonna be harder than I think most on here believe it will be to sustain drives. Won't be a lot of TDs.  If any.  Forbath will be key.

On the flip side that O-Line, even without Peters, is the best the Vikings have seen all year. At a time when the pass rush is in a prolonged slump.

But if Zimmer comes out blitz happy and they don't get home Foles will  have  chances for big plays. That can get his confidence up. And he did have a really good season a few years back.  Dude is no scrub.

If Philly gets any run game going and Foles can start going RPO things could get out of hand.

I saw Rhodes battle Jeffrey in college and in the division. It's historically been a pretty even matchup.  Algholor vs. Waynes could be problematic. Alexander vs. Anyone after how he looked last week is scary. Not sure what Alexander did that was so bad other than the one bad defensive call on 4-10.    I think Rhodes bounces back.

And the Eagles ran a lot of misdirection themselves last week that Atlanta wasn't ready for. Ertz on Newman, Harris or Sendejo also could be tough.

I was convinced that Minnesota was simply the better team across the board last week. I'm not convinced Minnesota has as good of an O-Line or D-Line. And they're on the road. On an awful turf.

This is gonna be close, close, close.  Whomever wins the TISPFP&P battle wins this.

And in case you're wondering Turnovers/Injuries/Special Teams/Field Position/Penalties=TISPFP&P. Which is copyrighted, so don't steal it without my permission Smile
IMO, the nerves and the adrenaline of the first playoff game/win is over.  Back to business with this team and we dominate when focused.

The NFL Network all took the Eagles to beat us. Said their D line and O line are both better than ours and Case will look alot different than what we have seen.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Here is why...
"Philadelphia's home-field advantage matters more than you might realize. The past eight NFC/AFC title games have all been won by the home team."
And this...
"This season, two of the Vikings’ three losses came on the road on grass outdoor fields."
I was confused on how they wrote this. It has been  the last 4 nfc championship games and the last 4 afc championship games won by home team. Just to clarify. I am sure I was only one confused by that. With that said that information isn’t that relevant. Homefield advantage clearly matters in general. But normally it is because they team is simply better they win. I think if this was a home game for vikes I would feel really confident.