Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you stop the Saints Passing game?
Quote: @"96POPS" said:
I agree with jargo. Pound the hell out of Brees every chance they get. Give him happy feet and make him start paying more attention to the pass rush than the WRs.
That said we can't allow the quick passing game to get started and first and foremost we have to stop the run.
Zimmer knows what he's doing and our guys won't take it for granted that we beat them the first game. They've gotten better but we've gotten whole lot better on both sides of the ball too.
It's the quick passing game that gives me the most pause. Those WR's have to be jammed and jammed good at the LOS, it will be very difficult to get to Brees and he's almost as dangerous as Rogers outside the pocket. 

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather play the Saints than the Panthers. Running QB's give us a little more trouble than pocket QB's. 
The Vikes collapse pockets pretty well, and with Brees only being 6' .. I like that matchup with our D. 

Quote: @"Hidalgo" said:
Rams passing game > Saints passing game and we held the Rams to 7 points
Brees will not be so easy to confuse as Goff was, and just because the Saints didn't have to depend on their passing game (because their ground game was exceptional) doesn't mean it's not there.  It's not an apples to apples comparison.  Brees will put more pressure on the Vikings D than the Rams did.

I just don't see us putting a lot of pressure on Breez. He gets the ball out too quick, even if to throw it away. True, if we get tremendous jams on the receivers, and take away the three step drops it will help alot, but he was also dropping dimes on out patterns that were next to impossible to defend. 

I'd like to think they were having an exceptional day today, but I don't know. Carolina seemed to sell out holding their run game to under 100 yards. Something I think Zimmer would also like to do. I think with the crowd and our defense we should be better than Carolina, but not gonna lie. The Saints scare the crap out of me. Add to that, what Tyr said about our offense, and I'm gonna be on pins and needles next week. 

I sure as hell don't want a one and done year and The Saints are the last team I wanted to play 1st.

But what will be will be...F the saints I say!! 

If we play our game, we'll win - albeit probably much closer than the season opener.

Either way, its been a great year and we have a bright future if we can manage the qb/oc well. 

We will be able run on them.  Not sure why Carolina went away from J. Stewart after the first series.  This is going to be a typical Viking win.  Control the clock on offense, suffocating defense. 

Quote: @"MoosicMan" said:
We will be able run on them.  Not sure why Carolina went away from J. Stewart after the first series.  This is going to be a typical Viking win.  Control the clock on offense, suffocating defense. 
Best defense is keeping Brees on the sidelines...Good call. 

Fucking Brees throws a very nice pass.  He could pick apart out defense if we don't get pressure.  

I wouldn't mind seeing Barr drop him on his collarbone. 

Quote: @"MoosicMan" said:
Do you guys (we) ever learn? In '98 I remember watching that game laughing until overtime. Same with 2000. And then 2009 rolled around and I wondered "is this too good to be true?"

Now I know it is.

Don't have hope. Enjoy every snap because you don't get another one until September 2018.

wait you guys think we somehow lose this game? not a chance.