Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Divisional Playoff Game Time Announced!!
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Thank God the Vikings got an indoor stadium. Detroit and Minnesota were smart, Green Bay and Chicago are idiots. Nothing more overrated and romanticized by a few goofballs than outdoor football in January. Its ridiculous. Players slipping and fumbling when they normally wouldn't. Absolutely freezing your ass off in the stands, miserable as shit. So stupid.
cold weather games are actually a pretty good time if you are dressed for it.

Is there a consensus on which team we'd prefer? I'd say Carolina is clearly the weakest team, but of the three, they're the only team to beat us. There could be a match up problem there, and Cam's running is a wild card that is hard to plan for, and can come up and bite you any time, as we witnessed a few weeks ago. I think Goff is overrated and the Rams can be beaten if you shut down Gurley (thanks for the fantasy season, Todd). Forcing Goff to beat you is a tall order against this pass defense. Still, the Vikings might be the only more balanced team than the Rams. Saints scare me a because of Brees' road playoff experience and the fact that you can't focus on stopping one running back. I think this is a better team than the one we faced week one. I'd choose Carolina, then the Rams, then the Saints. 

I thought a retractable roof was the way to go up here and I was never sold on big, swinging doors.

TCF reminded me how outdoor football in the fall is awesome. I think going to cold weather games in perpetuity here would suck. 

That said, not sure I'd trade USB for a retractable after experiencing it there. The natural light, the site lines etc. And I like those doors way more than I thought I ever would. 

USB in a short period of time has really created a unique fan experience and a home field advantage that I think will just grow over time.