Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walsh is nothing if not consistent
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Still remember Blair Walsh's draft profile including warnings about kicking in clutch situations. Tremendous leg, mostly consistent, but there were questions about his head. Man, did that ever prove right. 
We had to laugh at the profile they did on him before the preseason game this year.  He said he thrived on pressure. 

He might thrive on pressure.  He certainly doesn't perform well with pressure.  :devil:

Quote: @"OBM" said:
It's a shame that miss didn't cost them a playoff spot....that would have been fitting.
Might have if he hadn't missed 3 against the Falcons ! 

"You don't want to be a finger-pointer," Bennett said when asked about Walsh. 

[Image: 8zbvkep046ca.jpeg]

half the posters on this board could kick a 27 yarder

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
I would put money that half of us couldn't. 

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
I would put money on 95% couldn't kick 3 in a row from 27. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
I would put money on 95% couldn't kick 3 in a row from 27. 
You'd win.  And that assumes no offense or defense.  

kicking is VERY tough...my son has taken lessons, and there are so many things that have to go right in about three seconds. the kicker is actually approaching a ball that isnt there yet on the snap...and there is a very small sweet spot on both the foot and ball to get a straight, high rotation.

ive tried while helping my son...i can hit maybe 1 out of 5 from the ten yard line...and thats cheating by kicking it square...when i tried the soccer style thing....tragic

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
kicking is VERY tough...my son has taken lessons, and there are so many things that have to go right in about three seconds. the kicker is actually approaching a ball that isnt there yet on the snap...and there is a very small sweet spot on both the foot and ball to get a straight, high rotation.

ive tried while helping my son...i can hit maybe 1 out of 5 from the ten yard line...and thats cheating by kicking it square...when i tried the soccer style thing....tragic
There was an earlier kick in the Seattle game I think where the holder dropped the snap, but managed to get it sorta setup by the time the kicker's foot hit it.  He nailed that one.  Or was that the bears?  I know I was hoping for a miss.

Tried but couldn't post, but there is a funny clip on YouTube of a Viking fan curious ( pissed off ) enough to find out