• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casserly on The Future of the QB Position For The Vikings
Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PapaScott" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Maybe I just can't remember, but I don't recall Teddy evading pocket pressure like Case can...there's times Keenum has being magical eluding the rush...I cannot recall Teddy evoking that sort of impression for me...

The other thing to remember is that Case has never done the things he's been doing before this season either.  He may have had moments or a game or two where he's played well, but never has he played at the level he's at now. 

Given the chance, it's entirely possible Teddy would be much better and confident with this team too.
Yes, and don't forget having WR's that run great routes and get open, Teddy did not have that either.  Everything is clicking on offense with Shurmur and even his play calling has been excellent.  Not sure what Teddy will do in the system but I suspect he would do very well.  Side note downer - I hope Shurmur stays next year - he is going to get a lot of HC attention from an anemic offensive team.   
Diggs, Theilen, and Rudolph were all on the 2015 squad.  Mike Wallace was on the 2015 squad as well.  

If the Vikings need to sign anyone it's Shurmur, maybe Kyle will want to play for his dad.
you cant even compare those guys in 15 with how they are playing in 17...not even close to as good of talent in 15.  and Rudolph got kept in to block on most downs in 15.  Wallace basically ran deep routes that Teddy rarely had time to wait for them to develop so thats really a moot point.
well you can't say that Case has better WR's then.  
JFC... I can and I will,  if you had to pick a group for next sundays game... do you want the 15 receiver group or this years?   do you want the guys you listed playing at the level they were playing then or do you want this years group playing at the level they are playing now?  or are you going to argue that those guys you listed are not playing at higher level now that they have more experience than they were 2 years ago when they were green to the league?

Papa done lost his mind...

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Maybe I just can't remember, but I don't recall Teddy evading pocket pressure like Case can...there's times Keenum has being magical eluding the rush...I cannot recall Teddy evoking that sort of impression for me...

The other thing to remember is that Case has never done the things he's been doing before this season either.  He may have had moments or a game or two where he's played well, but never has he played at the level he's at now. 

Given the chance, it's entirely possible Teddy would be much better and confident with this team too.
Much of the credit goes to shurmur IMO.  He is putting layers in position to succeed.

I wonder if the posters who had issues with me for bashing Norvell and his round peg in the square hole offense can now see what I was talking about? Shurmur is maximizing all 11 guys in this O, particularly in the OL and QB slots...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Much of the credit goes to shurmur IMO.  He is putting layers in position to succeed.

I wonder if the posters who had issues with me for bashing Norvell and his round peg in the square hole offense can now see what I was talking about? Shurmur is maximizing all 11 guys in this O, particularly in the OL and QB slots...
I will admit that you were right and I was wrong regarding Norv. 

Shurmur has been incredible and has made it obvious that Norv's best days had passed him by.

@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not very attractive.

You're misremembering. :-) Here's a reminder... 

https://youtu.be/HesyMSlGYUA?t=1m36s

There's a section on his elusiveness in the pocket beginning at 3:35. 

Other than maybe his field vision, I'd say Teddy's greatest strength is composure in the pocket, sensing pressure and evading it without looking at it, keeping his eyes downfield. That was such a welcome thing for me especially after watching Ponder and his head full of chaos.

Of course, Keenum has been exceptionally good here as well. 

This is a great & unique problem to have
Stay the course & it will play itself out

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PapaScott" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PapaScott" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Yes, and don't forget having WR's that run great routes and get open, Teddy did not have that either.  Everything is clicking on offense with Shurmur and even his play calling has been excellent.  Not sure what Teddy will do in the system but I suspect he would do very well.  Side note downer - I hope Shurmur stays next year - he is going to get a lot of HC attention from an anemic offensive team.   
Diggs, Theilen, and Rudolph were all on the 2015 squad.  Mike Wallace was on the 2015 squad as well.  

If the Vikings need to sign anyone it's Shurmur, maybe Kyle will want to play for his dad.
you cant even compare those guys in 15 with how they are playing in 17...not even close to as good of talent in 15.  and Rudolph got kept in to block on most downs in 15.  Wallace basically ran deep routes that Teddy rarely had time to wait for them to develop so thats really a moot point.
JFC... I can and I will,  if you had to pick a group for next sundays game... do you want the 15 receiver group or this years?   do you want the guys you listed playing at the level they were playing then or do you want this years group playing at the level they are playing now?  or are you going to argue that those guys you listed are not playing at higher level now that they have more experience than they were 2 years ago when they were green to the league?
Whatever, I never compared.  I pointed out that the same guys were on the team.   So it's okay for you to make a comparison but not for me to point out that the same guys were there then as now?  And those deep routes, yeah I remember Teddy couldn't get the ball within reach.  It's a good thing Diggs could dive and catch them.   If you FUCKING think I'm saying they were as good in 15' as they are now, your wrong.  I  NEVER said that nor made a comparison.  Maybe just FUCKING maybe it has to do with the TEAM playing better.  Again I'm pointing it's the same guys.   If you re read what I said the main point I'm trying to say is the vikings better do all they can to sign Shurmur long term.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
You're misremembering. :-) Here's a reminder... 

https://youtu.be/HesyMSlGYUA?t=1m36s

There's a section on his elusiveness in the pocket beginning at 3:35. 

Other than maybe his field vision, I'd say Teddy's greatest strength is composure in the pocket, sensing pressure and evading it without looking at it, keeping his eyes downfield. That was such a welcome thing for me especially after watching Ponder and his head full of chaos.

Of course, Keenum has been exceptionally good here as well. 

Both of them use their legs differently, which makes it hard to compare. Case likes to use his legs to leave the pocket. That isn't always preferable, but he does a good job of keeping his eyes downfield while doing it. Teddy likes to stay in the pocket and does an excellent job of sliding up in the pocket when it starts to breakdown. 

Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PapaScott" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PapaScott" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Whatever, I never compared.  I pointed out that the same guys were on the team.   So it's okay for you to make a comparison but not for me to point out that the same guys were there then as now?  And those deep routes, yeah I remember Teddy couldn't get the ball within reach.  It's a good thing Diggs could dive and catch them.   If you FUCKING think I'm saying they were as good in 15' as they are now, your wrong.  I  NEVER said that nor made a comparison.  Maybe just FUCKING maybe it has to do with the TEAM playing better.  Again I'm pointing it's the same guys.   If you re read what I said the main point I'm trying to say is the vikings better do all they can to sign Shurmur long term.
you said I couldnt say that they were better now.... implying that you think that the 15 receivers were as good since they were the same guys.  your words not mine.

yes Shurmur is a key to this offensive resurgence,  but a lot of that is one the emergence of AT and Diggs taking the extra defenders out of the box.

I think you are taking this Teddy/Case thing a bit to personal at times.   News flash bro,  those of us that think Teddy might be better than Case arent saying that to be mean to Case,  we just saw things in Teddys game that we feel will translate nicely to Shurmurs offense and may elevate the overall performance of the O.  Not saying Case sucks,  just that he isnt the greatest to ever play the game and does have areas that could be improved upon even though he is currently playing at a pretty good level himself.