Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We will lose in super bowl because of a kicker
Quote: @"ATXVIKE" said:
Is there a real chance the refs will fuck us in the NFCC game or the SB?
Yes.  After watching today's game or last week's no call on the blow to Case's head, how can you think otherwise.  From here on out, we have to beat the opposition and the zebras.

Super Bowl?? We better have homefield advantage or I'd trust no officiating crew in a NFCC game.  The leagues new golden boy Wentz is going to get a LOT of calls....

Kicking game was putrid today...I don't know what Priefer can do frankly. Players need to play better. 

Forbath isn't the best kicker we've had, but the two blocked kicks today were on the blocking and a bad snap. Sucks that it happened, but Detroit obviously keyed in on a problem with our protection.

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
LOL I wrote that after two missed field goals when we were tied at 7. 

And now i earn the WTF badge because of it.  

Nice.  

Friendship?!?  :devil:
Wear it like a badge of honor and no one can use it to hurt you.

lol, all the angst. Enjoy the ride. Forbath is fine.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
Forbath isn't the best kicker we've had, but the two blocked kicks today were on the blocking and a bad snap. Sucks that it happened, but Detroit obviously keyed in on a problem with our protection.
I would agree...  Forbath wasn't at fault on either one of those.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
At what point are we going to start talking about the Special teams coach Mike Preifer? It is starting to look like the issues we had at defensive back and wr where we always thought we did not have talent until the coaches were changed.
I am not saying Priefer is that bad, all I am asking is, has he reached his ceiling with this team?
The past couple years I have thought Priefer did a very good job, but it's fair to wonder. I believe he is the last of the coaches who is a holdover from the Leslie Frazier era: Zimmer kept Priefer,  Jeff Davidson (OL), and George Stewart (WR)...I thought those last two were rookie HC mistakes by Zimmer. Maybe Priefer as well? Coverage has been OK but Sherels doesn't get much in returns, blocking for kicks is obviously a problem, and you have to give Priefer some of the blame for settling for Forbath and not bringing in competition.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"mblack" said:
At what point are we going to start talking about the Special teams coach Mike Preifer? It is starting to look like the issues we had at defensive back and wr where we always thought we did not have talent until the coaches were changed.
I am not saying Priefer is that bad, all I am asking is, has he reached his ceiling with this team?
The past couple years I have thought Priefer did a very good job, but it's fair to wonder. I believe he is the last of the coaches who is a holdover from the Leslie Frazier era: Zimmer kept Priefer,  Jeff Davidson (OL), and George Stewart (WR)...I thought those last two were rookie HC mistakes by Zimmer. Maybe Priefer as well? Coverage has been OK but Sherels doesn't get much in returns, blocking for kicks is obviously a problem, and you have to give Priefer some of the blame for settling for Forbath and not bringing in competition.
What are you talking about?  They had a great kicker battle at camp.  Hell I thought they might have kept the wrong one until the season started and Kai showed that he had strengthened his leg and was kicking higher and deep than last year.  Sherels isnt really getting much to return,  but teams arent really going to distance.. they are hanging them high and letting the coverage do its job.  It doesnt seem like the opposition is getting a high average on their punts.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"mblack" said:
What are you talking about?  They had a great kicker battle at camp.  Hell I thought they might have kept the wrong one until the season started and Kai showed that he had strengthened his leg and was kicking higher and deep than last year.  Sherels isnt really getting much to return,  but teams arent really going to distance.. they are hanging them high and letting the coverage do its job.  It doesnt seem like the opposition is getting a high average on their punts.
Well, this is year three with kicker issues. It can't be just the kickers. A few weeks ago, Mike P mentioned they had changed the side Forbath kicked from. The blocked kicks can't only be attributed to poor execution. Detroit did it twice (even though one was offside) meaning they must have seen something on film. There was also a FG that was almost blocked.
I have nothing against him. I think coverage has been fairly good but the inside pressure and rush that nearly gets home on kicks is concerning to say the least. I hope I am just overreacting.
Yes Mike P is the last holdover of the last coaching staff.