Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well...We're Waiting...
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Vikings
Vikings activated QB Teddy Bridgewater (knee) from the reserve/PUP list.
Bridgewater mangled his knee up two summers ago and hasn't played since the 2015 season. To clear room, the Vikings placed Sam Bradford (knee) on injured reserve. Bridgewater isn't going to be ready this week against the Redskins, but he's likely to make an appearance this season. Case Keenum will remain the starter for now, and Kyle Sloter will likely be his backup.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Sam Bradford - QB - Vikings
Vikings placed QB Sam Bradford on injured reserve with a knee injury, ending his season.
It clears a spot for Teddy Bridgewater (knee) to be activated from the PUP list on Wednesday. Case Keenum will remain the Vikings' starter Week 10 against the Redskins, and Kyle Sloter will likely be his backup while Bridgewater continues to work his way back. For Bradford, he heads into free agency coming off another serious knee issue, this one a bone bruise that never healed and required a scope on Tuesday. Bradford turned 30 today and made it through just one game this season. The Vikings will have an interesting decision to make after the year.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter                           
Wishing Sam a full recovery...it is very disappointing and frustrating that things have ended this way for him, but now he can concentrate on healing and not worry about rushing to get back on the field.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
@StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
Get prepared for a let down...
A letdown of what? They are just going to make him active. Nobody is expecting him to start against Washington....and depending on how that goes, maybe not even Los Angeles. I think its just cool he made it all the way back. I'm curious as to if they put Bradford on IR (almost positive that's a yes). 

Ohh there are people who think he should start.

Him making it this far is a great story no doubt and I'm glad, but I still have a doubt he will actually be activated.
based on what?   what have we heard that would suggest that he wouldnt be activated today?
I have my doubts.   nothing I have read has suggest so.   Today is the deadline for a decision to be made, "everyone" thinks he will be activated.  My doubts derive from the horrific injury he sustained and the low percentage of chance of him playing again, couple that with seeing the Bears player with the same injury.
i am just wondering where you got the percentage from?  i know there are people that use crazy language to describe his injury,  but it really was just a knee injury with multiple torn ligs.  once they got past the initial part where he could have lost his leg,  its not that much scarier than other knee injuries.
I'm looking for it.  to call it just a knee injury?  that's more of an exaggeration than me saying Teddy has not played in 2 years.  

Ok, there you have it.  Thanks for the posts, Barr.

Teddy isn't ready for live action yet.  We've heard reports on his arm, but I'm not hearing much about his mobility.  I do wonder how that's going, but getting back to the team's roster is a major accomplishment. 

Congrats to Teddy.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
@StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
Get prepared for a let down...
A letdown of what? They are just going to make him active. Nobody is expecting him to start against Washington....and depending on how that goes, maybe not even Los Angeles. I think its just cool he made it all the way back. I'm curious as to if they put Bradford on IR (almost positive that's a yes). 

Ohh there are people who think he should start.

Him making it this far is a great story no doubt and I'm glad, but I still have a doubt he will actually be activated.
based on what?   what have we heard that would suggest that he wouldnt be activated today?
I have my doubts.   nothing I have read has suggest so.   Today is the deadline for a decision to be made, "everyone" thinks he will be activated.  My doubts derive from the horrific injury he sustained and the low percentage of chance of him playing again, couple that with seeing the Bears player with the same injury.
i am just wondering where you got the percentage from?  i know there are people that use crazy language to describe his injury,  but it really was just a knee injury with multiple torn ligs.  once they got past the initial part where he could have lost his leg,  its not that much scarier than other knee injuries.
I'm looking for it.  to call it just a knee injury?  that's more of an exaggeration than me saying Teddy has not played in 2 years.  
so what besides multiple ligament tears did he suffer?  some damage to cartilage... after they took care of the dislocation and the threat that comes with that.. he had a knee injury not completely unlike many others.  the dislocation caused no long term issues like dead tissue from blood loss or nerve damage so after that its just a knee repair and the corresponding recovery time.  was it bad... yes,  but with no issues resulting from the dislocation its not a huge deal... regardless of the over usage of the phrase... his leg did not fall off.