Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here REALLY EXPECT Bridgewater to start Sunday?
Quote: @twgerber said:
Case starts this week.  The team is winning and you don't change a successful formula just cause it's Teddy.  
i dont think to many that are saying make the change are saying it because its Teddy,  they are saying it because they want the best QB to play and the assumption right now is that Teddy is going to be better than Case,  but I am sure the thoughts would be the same if it was Sam or any other QB with a higher upside than Case.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@twgerber said:
Case starts this week.  The team is winning and you don't change a successful formula just cause it's Teddy.  
i dont think to many that are saying make the change are saying it because its Teddy,  they are saying it because they want the best QB to play and the assumption right now is that Teddy is going to be better than Case,  but I am sure the thoughts would be the same if it was Sam or any other QB with a higher upside than Case.
Teddy needs some real game experience before they swap him into the starter role.  I think he has more upside but he will be very rusty for a few games.   Being in first place I don't think you shake the boat.

I am a huge Teddy fan but starting him in Wash would be dumb IMO.

Teddy will work his way back into the starter's role in due time.  No rush, and I am confident the coaches see it that way too.

The real issue is Bradford and what to do with him.  Despite the statements that he is doing "better", he is still not practicing and I think that is it for him for this season.

A more interesting question might be who goes in if Case gets hurt? Sloter or Bridgewater? I sorta think if Teddy's not ready to start he's not ready to backup either. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
 A more interesting question might be who goes in if Case gets hurt? Sloter or Bridgewater? I sorta think if Teddy's not ready to start he's not ready to backup either. 
That's what I originally thought too. Kind of the rookie QB treatment, you either start or are not going into the game. With the assumption the Vikings are only going to keep two QB's active on gameday I think Teddy probably would end up being your #2. I don't think the coaching staff will want to close the door on transitioning Teddy into the game if Case has a bad 1st half and they're still in the game. 

I think that Zimmer would sooner have Teddy backing Keenum up. Edit: because Sloter has no game experience at all.
Another question is will we carry 3 active QB's for the game.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
I wish he would, but I don't think he will. 

If Teddy gets activated, does anyone think Sam gets placed on IR this week?
I think that really depends on how close Sam is in returning to practice.  If you were Sam and you are looking at a contract year would you accept an IR designation if you didnt feel that it was warranted.  The last thing the team needs right now is a pissing match in the locker room.
I think Sam will be placed on IR immediately Teddy is activated with a designated to return tag. That way he is available if healthy and if we make the playoffs. At that point we will have to make another decision and still have all 4 QBs in play. 
If I recall correctly a Designated to return rule allows the player to return after 8 weeks. At that point the Vikings will be in the Playoffs (if all goes as planned)

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I don't expect it, but if he is healthy and practicing well, I think he should. If his return to play is "Keenum disappointed and we need Bridgewater to save us", the situation will be second-guessed and do the team and players no good. 

Bridgewater is a starter and Keenum is his backup. Start the starter and insert the backup if/when needed. If Teddy is healthy enough to play, give him his job back. Anything else just confuses their roles.

Now, if there is physical doubt about Bridgewater's readiness, that's a different situation, but in that case he shouldn't even be active for the game. 
Is Ted a starter???
Maybe there was never any competition behind him.

Who was his back up????

Quote: @twgerber said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@twgerber said:
Teddy needs some real game experience before they swap him into the starter role.  I think he has more upside but he will be very rusty for a few games.   Being in first place I don't think you shake the boat.

I am a huge Teddy fan but starting him in Wash would be dumb IMO.

You don't start him in Washington but, he will be getting more reps in practice then a typical backup, and I would imagine that continues the next few weeks.

I don't see Teddy starting this week either. Initially I thought it would be against the Rams but that wasn't taking into account what Wetlander pointed out about it being 2 games in a very short stretch of time. Seems like Detroit could be that time (never mind it's a nationally televised game on a holiday...no pressure there for Teddy....) The one thing I do know is that they HAVE TO get Teddy on the field this season. They know what they've got in Keenum, they know what they have in a healthy Sam....they still don't know what Teddy brings after suffering that major injury. They have to find out. We can't go into 2018 with only Sloter under contract. 
With Sam's long-term health now in question I don't see them investing huge dollars in him, unfortunately. Keenum will get offers from teams. Teddy's value has to be determined. If he is allowed to leave without truly finding that out (other than watching him in non-contact practices) Spielman and company will be slaughtered.